Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

Charlie Austin, next day or two.

To be fair, he is too good for the championship and running out of options to leave. I would love him at Norwich! £10m and Hooper and it''s a deal.

Don''t think we have any chance of getting Austin , its back to square one in the striker search with time running out , and still no defenders in either . We go with what we have just will not be good enough , time for some fingers to be pulled out .

Why is everyone so keen to see Hoops leave. He''s touted as "wanting to leave" every window and he''s still here. Unlike AUstin, Hoops doesn''t have an injury history. And he''s still a natural goalpoacher.

Last year showed he scored more goals per minutes played than any other NCFC player. We need to keep him. It''s RVW who''s still unproven and Laffs. Heck even Grabban who I''d prefer to see go b4 Hoops

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]If we sign Charlie Austin, I will strip naked and stand on the steps of City Hall with "I Love Marcus Evans" painted on my chest in dog sh*t.
[/quote]

Lol

You''re that confident it''s not happening then. I second that

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]If we sign Charlie Austin, I will strip naked and stand on the steps of City Hall with "I Love Marcus Evans" painted on my chest in dog sh*t.

[/quote]Here is Bor on hearing the news that Austin has just signed for Norwich [:D]

BetVictor odds moving downwards. When I read this thread 20 mins ago, I also looked on Oddschecker, BetVictor was indeed 50/1, is now 20/1.

[/quote]Now Bor i find this a rather rash statement to make as i seem to remember you promising to drink a pint of piss if Rangers came a cropper against Annan way back on a Rays Funds thread in 2013. We still await the photos. [;)]

Can''t believe this although delighted to be proved wrong!

I note the OP has not responded to this thread since dropping the stone in the pond, obviously just watching the ripples. Mind you they have been posting on here for a while so not the usual MO for this kind of post.

If this is true he would be 1st choice striker - there us not a chance we would spend that much and then leave him benched!

I can kind of see this, to be fair, as Hooper was rumoured to be a QPR target before we signed him.
So Austin for Hooper plus cash is feasible.
However, the odds are long and other clubs are well ahead inc Newcastle, West Ham (Stays in London), Spurs (ditto) etc.
So I''m still good with the whole City Hall thing at the moment.
Newcastle222227/5
West Ham7/46/427/47/47/4
QPR655
Everton544658
Tottenham774877
Bournemouth4883812
Sunderland28
Arsenal25163322
Aston Villa252033202020
Chelsea162533252525
Crystal Palace252033252020
Leicester203333142033
Man Utd251233252025
Norwich203333

That''ll be the monkey I just put on it happening, small compensation.
Tilly, I necked a pint of my own piss that evening, reckon it was about 4% proof.  Mind you, it could have been Taddy.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]No sooner do I put the bet on, odds get slashed to 12/1. Comon'' baby.....[/quote]
I wonder how little it took to shorten the odds from 33/1 to 20/ 1.... where''s City 1st when you need him?

[quote user="Herman "]Nope, just you.[/quote]

I doubt it. Anyone with football sence understands the quality Hooper can bring.

As normal, most fans are hung up on a "big" name, and are quick to write off the quality we do have.

Example - hoolahan, for the last 6 years we should have gotten rid for an upgrade. Didn''t matter who, just a new player who wasn''t Wes.

In to 10s on Bet Victor now. Still 33s on Unibet - someone put a tenner on, and I''ll watch the odds... [:)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Herman "]Nope, just you.[/quote]

I doubt it. Anyone with football sence understands the quality Hooper can bring

As normal, most fans are hung up on a "big" name, and are quick to write off the quality we do have.

Example - hoolahan, for the last 6 years we should have gotten rid for an upgrade. Didn''t matter who, just a new player who wasn''t Wes.[/quote]I agree. But I can''t see him getting many games for the way AN wants to play. Austin is probably more suited to our style, not that I can see him coming here.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]It''s you idiots bringing the price down, did you not watch the program about the bookies? Any little change in betting pattern and it comes down then all the other bookies copy them[/quote]Hence my telling people to put a tenner on while I watch the odds... :)

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Herman "]Nope, just you.[/quote]

I doubt it. Anyone with football sence understands the quality Hooper can bring

Example - hoolahan, for the last 6 years we should have gotten rid for an upgrade. Didn''t matter who, just a new player who wasn''t Wes.[/quote]I agree. But I can''t see him getting many games for the way AN wants to play. Austin is probably more suited to our style, not that I can see him coming here.[/quote]

But that''s my point, it''s nice to have the variety. I wouldn''t put Austisn ahead of Jerome, and hooper offers something completey different.

I wouldn''t complain if we signed Austin, but I''d rather strengthen elsewhere.