Sign in to follow this  

IMO he is a very decent player - not quite sure how he''d fit in, though; is a winger rather than a number 9, an area we''re ok with at the moment (unless we are losing someone unexpectedly?); we''d certainly need to see a few bodies leave to fill the squad of 25.

We are getting a bit desperate now. I. Would rather we went abroad than be paying silly money for the likes of Antonio. Afobe I can make exception for as I really think he has something special but I don''t know if I think Antonio is any better than Grabban or Hooper tbh.

Perhaps we will spend big on the big CB instead and then just get another run of the mill striker for a small fee to cover.

Money rumoured is around 4. Player of his age and the last 2 seasons he''s had it doesn''t look a bad deal for a club like us really.

He''s a winger, nothing like hooper/grabban. I still think even with the signing of Brady were short of natural width. Injury to Brady/Redmond and we will be back to relying on 1 again, could get away with it last season but think we will miss the pace/direct approach in prem

tend to agree

we do need some more options in the wide areas its nice to bring someone different on if needed

Was 25/1 last night now we are 2/1 favourites.

Forest owner said today he won''t be sold to another championship side.

Also Lansbury move to Burnley is off, maybe they have money coming in from another transfer.

Don''t get your hopes up, not a soul is coming... at least I don''t think so... we''ve had so many names linked to us...why would this one be true?

Always rated him - would take him in the blink of an eye for our team. He''s electric and a real handful. Redmond on one side and Antonio on the other interchanging would scare ant defence

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Always rated him - would take him in the blink of an eye for our team. He''s electric and a real handful. Redmond on one side and Antonio on the other interchanging would scare ant defence[/quote]

Agreed. Would love to have him here, anything under 5 million for him would represent a cracking deal.

Signing Antonio is certainly not scraping the barrel. He''s a stand out championship performer.

Would definitely be very happy with this. One of the top-performing midfielders on last season and started this season well too. Still a good age and pacey as hell.

I agree about Brady/Redmond being injured too. Would leave us playing Johnson/Dorrans/Howson out wide or Elliott Bennett if he''s played on the wing rather than RB

Some of you do seem to be forgetting the squad of 25 which has to be named: we''re currently at 26, Antonio would need to be added, we would presumably still go for a No9 and a c/b, so that''s 29 over-age players and we''d need to lose 4. I guess RVW, Turner, Lafferty and...Hooper?

Could see Elliott Bennett being swapped/sacrificed for Antonio if we were indeed interested. Already have Whittaker/Wisdom at RB and he''s never really got himself much time on the right wing (even less on the left). AN even said he was looking at RB as more of a position for him, but I''m not sure we can afford to keep him for the sake of 3rd choice RB

I wouldn''t see Hooper being dropped. Odija Ofoe or Gary O''Neil as if we signed a winger we would then be using Johnson as back up in the centre. We would already have Tettey, Mulumbu, Howson, Dorrans. 6 Would be enough.

I vaguely remember he does play striker sometimes as well?

If we use the 4-2-3-1 or similar, he could be primarily left of the 3, but also provide cover for the other attacking positions...

Could of saved a fortune and signed Bakary Sako who is equally/ potentially a better player but we didn''t go near it so probably not a priority area for us..

[quote user="Stowcanary"]Maybe something in this, as now Josh Murphy has joined Mk Dons on a season loan, so we are a bit short of wide options![/quote]

Good move for all concerned,  esp Josh -  if thats the case,  not seen any confirmation of it?

He is the sort of player we need to get in - quick and powerful and still young - a far better option than Grffiths, Jelavic or Walters!!

[quote user="coachkemp"]Could of saved a fortune and signed Bakary Sako who is equally/ potentially a better player but we didn''t go near it so probably not a priority area for us..[/quote]Im pretty sure Sako put a fair few people off with his £100k wage demands - granted he lowered them later but I''m sure he was still well out of our bracket. I''d expect he''d have cost a fair few million in signing-on fee as well.

[quote user="Stowcanary"]Maybe something in this, as now Josh Murphy has joined Mk Dons on a season loan, so we are a bit short of wide options![/quote]

Good move for all concerned,  esp Josh -  if thats the case,  not seen any confirmation of it?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]we''d need to lose 4. I guess RVW, Turner, Lafferty and...Hooper?[/quote]I think you can add Elliot Bennett to that list.

At the Fans Forum, Russell Martin stated that the two attacking players who impressed him last season, above all others, were Afobe and Antonio.