Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Result v Stoke

Tough game, Stoke have used the window well and if they are able to field a notable new signing I fear will have too much for us.

Would be happy with a draw but I suspect we will lose by a couple of goals.

I think you''ll find that my prediction of a 7-0 win with a few of the other results going in our favour is much more realistic and we''ll be top of the league on Saturday night, we''ll be first on MOTD for the second week in a row, players will look at our position and beg their agents to get a move to us, a wealthy gentleman and lady who have just moved into Norfolk (yes it''s J Zed and Bey Once) will become enchanted by us and invest squillions including a 250,000 seater superdome at Broadland.

I''ve been on the ''phone to Daftbet (Sunderlands shirts sponsor) and they''ve given me good odds so I''ve ''lumped on''.

All those new signings haven''t gelled yet. Draw is minimum for this game, think we are fortunate to play them this early in the season, I''m sure that they will be a harder team to play in a few weeks.

I think that Stoke will score, given our "switch-off" defenders. The only question is whether or how many we can manage. I''ll go for 1-1 or 2-1.

This season in the Prem I think we are capable of getting a result against any team in any game, so I''m a bit surprised to see people say they think Stoke will have too much for us.

I think we''ve a good chance of a win here, a draw is not bad but we can''t be targeting a draw in this sort of fixture if we''re expecting to stay up !

i''m surprised people think Stoke will have to much for us. It''s certainly a winnable game at home, and definitely one we should be getting points from if we want to remain in this league.

expecting to be rolled over comfortably at home to the likes of Stoke isn''t exactly inspiring.

This isn''t the Stoke of old ..... Man for man they are better than us. I''d feel more confident getting points away than at home vs Stoke

With all the speculation on here had almost forgotten there was a game tomorrow. Should be a good one too as Stoke play a much more attractive style than on previous visits. We have picked up some good results against them previously and this could go either way. I think a 1-0 game just don''t know who too. Would be good to see Jerome get the goal, he deserves one after the start he has made this season.

I''m going for losing 1-0 at half time, then coming back to win 3-1 after a dodgy red card and penalty in our favour..

Goals from Hoolahan (p), Martin and Jerome.

This is a very good time to play Stoke. Their best defender, Shawcross, is injured and arguably their best attacker, Bojan, hasn''t played a competitive match since January and is highly unlikely to be ready to play any part. Shaqiri has yet to play for the club so won''t be integrated (and maybe not match fit either?), and Afellay and van Ginkel haven''t appeared to have really settled yet.Saying that though, their transfer business has been excellent, and they now have a lot of talent up top and will still pose a huge threat regardless of how they line up.It is a very close one to call, but if we play how we did last week, I think we can/will nick it. A draw wouldn''t be a disaster though by any stretch of the imagination.

Lawro''s got us down for a 2-1 win. So we''re doomed.

This game feels like goals to me - Stoke are no longer the physical unit they once were, so I''d expect our forward line to give them problems, but our sleepwalking in defence could also be an issue.

If pressed this feels like another home loss in the vein of Palace, but I hope I''m wrong.

Stoke are one of those teams where they can look a match for anyone then put in the odd really bad show, it''s that consistency which lets them down from pushing on. So its hard to predict but I''m going 2-2.

Miggins

"Score Predictions

Come on then, lets av em.

Gonna go with a 1-0 win.

Added to the existing thread for your convenience