Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Bloody Stoke next

Stoke came from 2-0 down to snatch a 2-2 draw at Tottenham. Strong result for them. And they will likely field new signing Shaquiri, and also Bojan, as none of them has played yet. Bad timing for us, but on our day we have enough about us to beat teams like Stoke. Bring on Saturday

Bad timing for us? With us coming on the back of a decent away win, and with the possibility of blooding (a) new player(s), it seems like a good time for us to play any side - Stoke are still bedding in and IMO have no more to worry us than anyone else: all sides in this league have decent players (even us!).

It will be a tough game for sure. Although I''m actually quite pleased we''re playing them so early. Shawcross is missing for the first part of the season, the likes of Shaqiri and Afellay will hopefully still be adjusting to the Premier League, Bojan is lacking match fitness as he returns from his lengthy injury absence. There are positives in playing them next weekend.I think if we can get at them we have a very good chance of picking up some points. I can''t see Stoke not scoring, but I think they''re a tad suspect at the back, especially without Shawcross in there looking after them.

[quote user="grefstad"]Stoke came from 2-0 down to snatch a 2-2 draw at Tottenham. Strong result for them. And they will likely field new signing Shaquiri, and also Bojan, as none of them has played yet. Bad timing for us, but on our day we have enough about us to beat teams like Stoke. Bring on Saturday[/quote]

Why say "bl**dy Stoke"?   They are not quite the dour team of old anymore.  Disagree about bad timing too.  Their new players could well take time to settle in and we will be well up for it in the strength of today''s performance, really take the game to them and hopefully not let their new signings get a sniff of a chance - and we can see in both matches so far we have goals in us at this level.  Agree though with your last sentence. Can''t wait for the next match.

Looking forward to it ,should be a good game. They play a bit more football now so hopefully will suit us more than their previous style,having said that we have done reasonably well in recent games against them.

[quote user="grefstad"]Stoke came from 2-0 down to snatch a 2-2 draw at Tottenham. Strong result for them. And they will likely field new signing Shaquiri, and also Bojan, as none of them has played yet. Bad timing for us, but on our day we have enough about us to beat teams like Stoke. Bring on Saturday[/quote]

Three hours, just three hours is all you could manage before you started being miserable again!

So mentioning Stoke fielding their new 12 mill player vs us, of all teams, is miserable? All we shall ever do is enjoy wins, and never think of tomorrow? Never look to the next challenge?

Even on a good day like today, it is good to look forward to the next game. Alex Neil will no doubt have started the process on the trip down from Sunderland..

Good points regarding their top players not being blooded in, being off form, etc, but Shaqiri must be raring to go, and I would definitively prefer to face Stoke without him..

Still, I dont think we shall fear any of Stoke''s players, not even Shaqiri, but I do think our chances are better without us facing their presumed best players.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Let''s not enjoy today but worry about the next game lol. REALLY[/quote]

Oh yes, lets not look ahead at all, shall we? Let me guess, still living at home with your mom, enjoying state benefits, failed in school, but very much like to "enjoy yourself", huh?

How about managing two fecking thoughts in your head at once? Enjoying a win, AND think of challenges ahead? I guess its beyond you.

Grefstad, jeg tenker som deg..sunderland er historie, nå må vi tenke på neste kamp..solid opptur idag..måtte det fortsette..

grefstad wrote;

" but I do think our chances are better without us facing their presumed best players."

No sh*t Sherlock.

I like your insight, lets hope Aguero and Sterling are missing for Man City, Hazard and Costa foe Chelsea. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.!!!

[quote user="Ray"]grefstad wrote;

" but I do think our chances are better without us facing their presumed best players."

No sh*t Sherlock.

I like your insight, lets hope Aguero and Sterling are missing for Man City, Hazard and Costa foe Chelsea. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.!!![/quote]

If a smarta**s like you can actually read a bit, before posting, you will see that part if the discussion is in what form we can expect these "star" players of Stoke to be in. Is Shaqiri ready to play? Will he know his teammates, and the way they play? Is Affelay fit? Is Bojan fit, in form, or is Hughes going to start him, or give him minutes coming from the bench? If they are in poor form and not fully fit, it may be good for us if they play.

But then again, these things will not be of any concern to you. You just want to "enjoy the win", right? Live the moment! Never look ahead! And if someone does, be sure to try to ridicule it. Probably makes you feel just a bit better.

Sometimes the level of some of the participants in the forum continues to surprise me. This Ray-fellow is no exeption.

grefstad, making a few assumptions I see:

1) Firstly I can read and read everything you wrote before I posted

2) Things like the 11 (I think - I gave up counting) questions you then pose are of great concern to me.

3) Admittedly I do want to enjoy the win and live the moment but there is no ‘just’ involved.

4) I do look ahead (I saw your reply coming for example).

5) It wasn’t the looking ahead I was commenting on, it was the selected comment re you thinking our chances are better without us facing their presumed best players, I found that somewhat superfluous or perhaps stating the bl**ding obvious. Consequently I thought I would have a bit of fun, and fun it has been grefstad - thanks

I do however agree about the level of some of the participants in the forum, I for example never have to use asterisks when referring to someone in person, or being massively judgemental about them as an individual, unlike some, eh grefstad!

I was attempting some good natured banter, however fully accept I seemed to have failed. C''est la vie.

This will be a real test, Sunderland are not a very good team and our performance was not as dominant as palace.

But we created and scored great goal scoring attempts. Great three points and now we have a tough team in Stoke. Going to be a good game I wonder if they will handle hoolahoops roughly.

I still hope we bring in additions as we need it.

Think the stoke game will be a good gauge where we are. Palace should have been three points. Grabban will drop down the pecking order as we add better quality. Roll on the next few weeks and what will be a good test. Defensively we need to be switched on

Surely they can''t be that good otherwise they wouldn''t have been 2 down in the first place?

Listened to this game on the radio and Stoke hardly had a kick in the first half.

They have spent a lot of money during the summer but they certainly aren''t invincible at the moment.

Just watched their game here...

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015/08/15/tottenham-hotspur-vs-stoke-city-highlights-full-match/

I''m sure Alex will be confident of a win...I know I am

I guess Shaqiri playing is no big deal? Destroying us, as warned. But it is more important to enjoy last weeks win, eh?

[quote user="grefstad"]I guess Shaqiri playing is no big deal? Destroying us, as warned. But it is more important to enjoy last weeks win, eh?[/quote]

I surprised that a football genius like yourself didn''t know that the game lasts 90 minutes and writing the story of the match at 20 minutes seems a bit premature.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="grefstad"]I guess Shaqiri playing is no big deal? Destroying us, as warned. But it is more important to enjoy last weeks win, eh?[/quote]

I surprised that a football genius like yourself didn''t know that the game lasts 90 minutes and writing the story of the match at 20 minutes seems a bit premature.

[/quote]

All dobe ob purpose, but your genioys mind would not have figured it out ;) Nothing like a quality moan to make some jinxes...

Anyway, without Shaqiri, Stoke would have lost that game, so my i initial post was valid enough...

He did look a very good buy in the first half. Second half he tailed off but that''s probably to be expected with the heat/fitness. Might be one to go in my dream team.

Butland the main man, ofcourse, but no other player in the Stoke team could whip in a cross like the one for Diouf to score