Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Absolute joke of a match report on the beeb!

Personally thought Dorrans was our best player. I always thought he was a wide player or a number 10. Really suits that role next to Tettey.

Looked ok to me, maybe Norfolk felt there was too much about them and not enough about us, which I can appreciate, but it was ever thus.

But they were much the better side in the first half, we were much better than them in the second.

It''s a fair report as I see it, Stoke had 58% of the play, and controlled the first half, yes we were much better second half and created more, and failed to score again, but they played well on the break and we''re always capable of nicking it.

I''m usually a bit of a pessimist, but they were certainly not ''much'' better in the first half. A very even first half and I don''t know how we didn''t win after the second.

I also disagree that Shaqiri was ''worth the wait'', I thought Brady had him under control mostly the whole game. We also seemed to look much more dangerous down the left side of the pitch as he doesn''t seem keen on tracking back. He did show glimpses of what he can be about though.

Other than those two quotes, I can''t really fault the report and agree with most of it.

From watching on TV it seemed to me that we struggled to contain them, particularly Shakiri in the first half. He made Brady look very ordinary going forward and weak defensively.

Tettey always looked half an inch off a yellow but we worked hard, fought well and just about deserved to be level at half time.

I have no idea how he did it but AN must have given one hell of a team talk because after half time we were quicker, more creative, more confident and at times just plain outstanding, finding holes that weren''t there in the first and making space all over.

Shakiri vs Brady was a 180 switch in the second half.

Hoolahan was the best I''ve ever seen him today, Howson looked good, Dorans was dangerous, Redmond was slippery and seemed to have tighter control of the ball and when BJ came on he looked like last years POTS again!

There can be no argument that Butland was man of the match as without him it could have been 4 or 5 by the end. I would struggle to pick anyone for Norwich as there was not one weak performance... Some moments in the first half (Ruddy, Bassong, Tettey, Brady all made mistakes of varying severity) but overall it was a wonderful display.

We do need a striker and a center back... But on today''s performance we need them as cover. I worry if Jerome gets injured.

Fair post Yellow Shirt.One point I strongly agree with is Johnson. I thought he had a great cameo. He wasn''t his best last week but today he got his passing right and made himself a nuisance in front of goal.