Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Robbie Brady

Really looking forward to seeing him in left midfield when Olsson is fit again.  He''s going to create so many chances.  I can really see why we pursued him so doggedly, I think we have a bit of a star in the making there.

Cracking game again today, he managed to combine a good defensive performance with his attacking flair, looks like a very good signing

When I saw his stats for Hull I wasn''t that excited about our pursuit of him but I am happy to admit that he seems to be a good player who will create chances once he is unleashed in a more advanced role. Good signing by AN.

Agree, he had a very hard job with Stoke''s new £12m signing and he dealt with him really well. Some good balls into the box as well (mostly), in particular the free kick which Johnson got on the end of.

Newton wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 5:58 PM:

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 5:24 PM:

Not sure what I find hardest to believe:

That Newton supports Norwich City

That he has a wife

That he is old enough to have two grown children

I think I''ll file all three under "b*ll*cks".

grefstad wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 11:21 AM:

Someone, get this Buh-troll off this forum. Newton raises a very sound question indeed, and instead of proper answers/discussion from the likes of Buh, we see his usual trolling, one-liners and general no-use commenting trying to ridicule other posters. We dont need this sh***te

Hi Boring why the personal attack - you must be in the same category as Buh - TROLL like

What was you internet link like today - very hot at Carrow Road

Hi Boring a post from 2 of your biggest fans - had your tea yet - what is it fish fingers ?

Would like to add that Dorrans was very good today. Another good signing by Alex.[Y]

Nice of Newton to crash a thread in an attempt to make it about him.

Yes, Dorrans looks very composed and is a bit quicker than I expected. I can see why BJ is on the bench right now. The team is beautifully balanced in midfield.

Re: Robbie Brady

Newton wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 5:58 PM:

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 5:24 PM:

Not sure what I find hardest to believe:

That Newton supports Norwich City

That he has a wife

That he is old enough to have two grown children

I think I''ll file all three under "b*ll*cks".

grefstad wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 11:21 AM:

Someone, get this Buh-troll off this forum. Newton raises a very sound question indeed, and instead of proper answers/discussion from the likes of Buh, we see his usual trolling, one-liners and general no-use commenting trying to ridicule other posters. We dont need this sh***te

Hi Boring why the personal attack - you must be in the same category as Buh - TROLL like

What was you internet link like today - very hot at Carrow Road

Hi Boring a post from 2 of your biggest fans

TAKE CARE TROLL ALERT

When Olson and Mulumbu return we are going to have some really good options in the midfield. Brady has played very well considering LB isn''t his natural position and Dorrans is such a good passer in the middle. It''s been a while since we had a centre mid who can pass and control the tempo like he can. He''s getting better the more I see of him and is going to make it very difficult for Howson to get a spot in the centre when Brady is pushed forward.

I think his quality in the deliveries he puts in from crosses and corners are there for all to see, certainly worth the drawn out pursuit, hard to think of anyone more recently who put in such a good final ball 9 times out of 10. I''d wager that he will be up there with Wes and Redmond in the race for most assists this season.

Looks a snip at £7 mil. Can''t wait to see Olsen and Brady on the left.

We have a good solid squad just need to add 2/3 bodies

We will be fine this season OTBC

I''m also in the Brady fan club. He seems to be involved an incredible amount considering he''s been playing LB and has really impressed me with what he has shown so far.
I have a feeling with Brady let off the leash when Olsson is back, and Redmond on the other side, we could really be quite terrifying on the counter, even to the big boys. Those two have pace to burn and are quite comfortable running at players, they will cause all kinds of headaches for defenders this season. The days of Snodgrass stopping, turning in a circle, waiting for the defence to get back and organised, and then trying to continue the attack seem an awfully long time ago now.
The quality of Brady''s deliveries, both from open play, and set pieces is phenomenal. If we can pick up a big unit like Mbokani to get on the end of them, we will be laughing.
7mill VERY well spent, and well worth the pursuit that seemed to go on forever!

I certainly agree that Brady will be quite exciting in the left half/winger role, but taking yesterday as a pure left back performance, then I was quite concerned.

As the game went on, he started to get the measure of whoever he came up against, but in the first half, he got skinned and caught out, by Shaqiri more than once. Once when Brady had a couple of yards head start on him, but was still beaten for pace, to the ball.

Also, his first 4/5 or so deliveries from free kicks/corners were very poor.

Brady is definitely an upgrade on our attacking left hand side though.