Sign in to follow this  
Newton

What the Hell is going on at Norwich

[quote user="Newton"]Re: What the Hell is going on at Norwich

This is a real "non story", the three year offer is not exactly prominent, I doubt many ST holders are aware of it. The example put up by Newton talk about 5000 ST holders taking up the offer, out of what 20,000+ ST holders?, so basically 15000 ST holders will continue to renew as normal, so as I say a "non story" from a poster that alleges to be a Norwich City fan........

Faded you are obviously not a Season ticket Holder

By lunch time today, before we had left for the match, my wife , son and daughter (plus me ) who are all season ticket holders have had personal emails and texts to our mobile phones

The club is desperate for the cash

WHY
[/quote]To replenish the coffers after the summer transfer window to give us money to spend in January on any new players it has become apparent by then we need to help us stay up? It is such an obvious answer I assume you have thought of it, but discarded as being not sinister enough.

[quote user="Newton"]Re: What the Hell is going on at Norwich

This is a real "non story", the three year offer is not exactly prominent, I doubt many ST holders are aware of it. The example put up by Newton talk about 5000 ST holders taking up the offer, out of what 20,000+ ST holders?, so basically 15000 ST holders will continue to renew as normal, so as I say a "non story" from a poster that alleges to be a Norwich City fan........

Faded you are obviously not a Season ticket Holder

By lunch time today, before we had left for the match, my wife , son and daughter (plus me ) who are all season ticket holders have had personal emails and texts to our mobile phones

The club is desperate for the cash

WHY[/quote]

Do you sit near these four miserable people or maybe it''s just the Newton and the rest of the family perform some kind of ''care in the community'' role?

Not sure what I find hardest to believe:
That Newton supports Norwich City
That he has a wife
That he is old enough to have two grown children
I think I''ll file all three under "b*ll*cks".

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 5:24 PM:

Not sure what I find hardest to believe:

That Newton supports Norwich City

That he has a wife

That he is old enough to have two grown children

I think I''ll file all three under "b*ll*cks".

grefstad wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 11:21 AM:

Someone, get this Buh-troll off this forum. Newton raises a very sound question indeed, and instead of proper answers/discussion from the likes of Buh, we see his usual trolling, one-liners and general no-use commenting trying to ridicule other posters. We dont need this sh***te

Hi Boring why the personal attack - you must be in the same category as Buh - TROLL like

What was you internet link like today - very hot at Carrow Road

You are such a Big sad t w@t

Carry on I love it

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 11:28 AM:

What we don''t need is posters trying to get others removed from the forum.

Well said Nigel, have a word with Tilly after the game if you would, he''s up to those sorts of tricks all the time👍[/quote]I waited for you Winky until about 7pm and surprise surprise you never showed up so maybe you could explain yourself  right here and now.

It''s an interesting question as to why the club would want to create a new 3 year season ticket concept. One thing that does mean for the club is that they create a hierarchy of season ticket holders. Those who have "guaranteed" their tickets for next season by paying in advance and those who haven''t.

Now if I asked myself why I would want to do that the main reason would be if for some reason I would have to reduce the total number of season tickets at some point over the next 3 years.

That would suggest a potential stadium expansion where they may need to leave a stand unused for a period of time during building works.

If they can say that one group of 5k fans have secured their season ticket for 3 years and another group of 15k fans have not it gives them more justification for cutting down total season tickets available as fans didn''t "guarantee" their seat for future years when the chance was available. They therefore could be argued to have inadvertently wavered their rights to be certain of a renewed season ticket for the next season.

For me the slight reluctance to spend big money on players (it took a lot of bargaining before we parted with the cash for Brady) and the attempt to bring in the extra cash up front for the 3 year season tickets would all lean towards a look to stadium expansion.

perhaps the 40k strong attendance at Wembley was the confirmation the board needed that the clubs fan base is big enough to fill a larger stadium and recuperate any capital outlay over a short time frame.

I accept I''m hypothesizing here, could be completely wrong.

I don''t think the crowd size you take to Wembley should be anything other than the "fairweather factor" - even Wigan managed to almost sell out their allocation & look at play-off finals generally to see gates well in excess of the norm.
Anyone planning on increasing the stadium because of a playoff final crowd would be, putting it kindly, a massive optimist.
If we were turning droves of people away from Stoke at home, e.g., or more to the point Huddersfield at home, then I could see it.

I am surprised that Newton has not come up with the theory that Mr. McNally is falling short of his ticket financial target to be receive his bonus so this is a quick fix to meet that target. [;)]Having thought about it and reading that season tickets have been set at the same price for the last four years i suggest there will be a substantial increase when 2016/2017 prices are released next January and when outrage is expressed by the fans the club will turn round and say that you were given the opportunity to pay for the next 3 seasons at this years price.

If the announcement was correct at Carrow road then the club is in breach of consumer rights, they said only a limited number of tickets were available to customers, this offer has to be open to all season ticket holders not limited to numbers!

They can have a time limit but not a limited amount on offer!

Not a bad offer and might just take it up this week. Should save a few pounds if we stay up.