Sign in to follow this  
Canary Legend

This season is a different premier league

Watching the first 3 games what is clear is that the 3 teams that have come up from the championship are going to be very competitive

I think all 3 will be safe which means 3 more established clubs will do down.

Villa and Sunderland look poor and I think second season syndrome will kick in and Leicestet will follow them

It is only 3 games in and winless runs can knock any team.

These winless runs can happen to all but a promoted team has to get wins when they are on top otherwise that run can arrive far too easily.

Too early to tell, all I care about is three other teams have to go down this year. We have to win the game we are on top in.

Villa and Sunderland look poor and I think second season syndrome will kick in and Leicestet will follow them

I hope you''re right but have to say that Leicester are looking very good at the moment.

We'' ll get a better idea after 10 games.

Sunderland will go down unless they get rid of Advocaat.

He is only on a 1-year contract, and the players know he is leaving. Seems fed up too.

Gus Poyet was a guest on TV in Norway yesterday, and game very good (and damning) insights of how Sunderland is run as a club.

I hope for our sake they stick with Advocaat a bit longer, to keep the rot.

Squad depth come the winter with injuries and suspensions and games coming quickly will be a huge factor! Clear to see our 11 at present will be competitive but worried by our cover in defence and forward options. As we all know a centre back and a forward player with a bit of a X factor will make us very competitive until January then we can re address and see where we are then and what we need!!

[quote user="Canary Legend"]Watching the first 3 games what is clear is that the 3 teams that have come up from the championship are going to be very competitive

I think all 3 will be safe which means 3 more established clubs will do down.

Villa and Sunderland look poor and I think second season syndrome will kick in and Leicestet will follow them[/quote]

Ricardo who is a regular poster on here has a theory about relegation. I think it''s something along the lines of teams who have 12 points from 12 games are usually safe and those who don''t provide the shortlist for relegation. He usually starts a thread on it after 12 games and is normally a pretty decent read and well worth keeping an eye out for after 12 games

I think its impossible to predict after only 3 games, by 10 / 12 games you have a pattern emerging that makes it easier to select those likely to be involved.

Lets face it Sunderland could make a couple of signings this week and be ok, Everton could lose Stones not replace him and Lukaku could get a serious injury and find themselves amongst it, so far too early to shout IMO, however if we continue to play the way have started so far we should do fine.