Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Ruddy's weakness

For me his biggest weakness is getting to long shots- also he sometimes could be better at pushing balls away from goal rather than back in to play. HOWEVER I''d have him over the keepers of (deep breath) Bournemouth, Watford, Stoke, Palace, Leicester, West Brom and arguably West Ham, Villa and Everton.

Lets face it. Ruddy has lost the ability to make the ball "stick" too many spilt balls for me.

Would our past great goalkeepers have spilt the ball as often.

Pushing the ball out rather than making a catch seems to be the way these days, Sunderland goalkeeper did it, which lead to Martins "goal"

[quote user="Salopian"]He has recently pulled some some excellent savers to shots along the ground towards the corner. This was a strange one. He obviously moved late, as he was unsighted, and a mishit shot which bounced more than once is a difficult shot to assess for a keeper. If you have to blame anyone, who failed to mark Watmore? He was in acres of space. I can see why AN was furious. It''s another goal conceded from a set piece or cross, and players going missing.[/quote]

So pleased that AN has called this out.    It has not cost us this time but its yet another example of a poorly managed set piece and a failure to deal with a standard cross.   The movement of the cbs is headless (lost my man,  run towards the goal irregardless of people or ball position) and whoever was allocated to mark that space and or player deserves a fine.   That lack of concentration will cost us in future games.

As for Ruddy;  keepers assess body shape to predict where the ball is going;   get the body set wrong for a miscued effort and its going to make you look an idiot.    He made a couple of good stops earlier on and overall makes fewer mistakes than his back four colleagues - get them right first. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQn_835POKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWs3mP2txi0

And that''s all I have to say about that.......

I watched the above videos. Yes some good saves but it''s the ones that go in that I have a concern about. For a fair assessment you need to see a video of goals conceded.

Interesting question from today''s game, from my view in the River End of the Stoke goal plus the amazing Butland saves...

...if Ruddy had been in goal for Stoke would he have made those saves?

[quote user="Canary Jedi"]I watched the above videos. Yes some good saves but it''s the ones that go in that I have a concern about. For a fair assessment you need to see a video of goals conceded.

Interesting question from today''s game, from my view in the River End of the Stoke goal plus the amazing Butland saves...

...if Ruddy had been in goal for Stoke would he have made those saves?[/quote]

NO!

Almost every keeper who its CR seem to be far better than ours. Yesterday nearly cost us dearly, that pass out to a defender who was marked closely ,that should never happen at this level.

we had agreed to sell Ruddy to arsenal everything was agreed but they found something when doing his medical I don''t personally know what it was but was told a old injury which is not a concern BUT was a risk they didn''t want to take ( just in case it happened again )

now this was a few seasons back and I don''t think he has been the same since maybe took 10 % off his game ,

I am not saying he is a crock all he plays every game for us but a injury can take 10 % off a player he isn''t as good now as he was that is for certain

all I am saying is what went on at colney he was called in from training by hughton and told we had accepted a bid