Sign in to follow this  
unique

Calum Wilson / Lewis Grabban

Has Lewis Grabban got it in his locker to produce a PL performance on a par with Wilson''s yesterday?

To answer the op - yes he has.  He is capable of causing all sorts of problems for defenders - and will show that at some stages this season imo.   He is also capable of scoring goals in the process.   The only reason he isn''t number one choice at the moment is the form of Jerome - and remember LG was first choice under Adams and Neil until Jerome raised his game (and credit to CJ for that).   There will be comparisons of course because of the Bnmth/Wilson connection.  Wilson has done brilliantly - but Grabban is no mug and at his best, he will show some brilliance of his own.

Wilson has virtually no competition for his starting berth. Thats why he chose to go to Bournemouth instead of us. He wanted "guarantees" of playing time.

Grabban is instead biding his time on our bench with plenty of competition...

Callum Wilson is twice the player of Grabban.

Grabban''s level is the championship. He won''t score 5 goals this season.

We should have bought Wilson instead of going for Grabban. Wilson will go on to bigger and better things, I can see him being a huge target for teams next summer, similar to the Austin saga.

I believe arsenal have already shown interest, can you see arsenal showing interest in Grabban?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Callum Wilson is twice the player of Grabban.

We should have bought Wilson instead of going for Grabban.
Wilson will go on to bigger and better things, I can see him being a huge target for teams next summer, similar to the Austin saga.

I believe arsenal have already shown interest, can you see arsenal showing interest in Grabban?[/quote]We tried to get him. He chose Bournemouth. Get over it.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Callum Wilson is twice the player of Grabban.

We should have bought Wilson instead of going for Grabban. Wilson will go on to bigger and better things, I can see him being a huge target for teams next summer, similar to the Austin saga.

I believe arsenal have already shown interest, can you see arsenal showing interest in Grabban?[/quote]

He didn''t want to come here even with the offer of a bigger salary. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

I also believe given the game time grabban would come good

Calum Wilson better player than Lewis GrabbanWilson score more goals, we should it sign him last summer and he strong and quick.Grabban has 3 or 4 chances against Crystal Palace but failed to scoreIf Wilson got a chance to score he will likley to score in the netWilson against West Ham he was really good.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lincoln canary"]Callum Wilson is twice the player of Grabban.

We should have bought Wilson instead of going for Grabban.
Wilson will go on to bigger and better things, I can see him being a huge target for teams next summer, similar to the Austin saga.

I believe arsenal have already shown interest, can you see arsenal showing interest in Grabban?[/quote]We tried to get him. He chose Bournemouth. Get over it.[/quote]

I am over it, but you''ve missed the point. We signed Grabban first. Had we gone for Wilson first, he''d probably had signed. knowing we''d signed Grabban first, Wilson probably thought he''d have to play second fiddle to him.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Callum Wilson is twice the player of Grabban.

I believe arsenal have already shown interest, can you see arsenal showing interest in Grabban?[/quote]

He didn''t want to come here even with the offer of a bigger salary. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

I also believe given the game time grabban would come good[/quote]

You point out Hindsight, but prior to signing Grabban, I think most would have preferred to sign Wilson. He was very highly rated, and although Grabban had just come off the back of a decent season, he''s previous suggested he was a bit of a journey man lower league striker, with a very average goal scoring record.

As we are delving into the past and should have dones, if we had have signed Wilson then we may not have signed Jerome. So swings and roundabouts.

Wilson likely felt he was more likely to play at Bournemouth, where he was bought to be the main striker. Here, he would be one of many. Makes sense he chose as he did, to be fair.

[quote user="Herman "]As we are delving into the past and should have dones, if we had have signed Wilson then we may not have signed Jerome. So swings and roundabouts.[/quote]

Quite right. however we still went for another striker after Grabban, so if Wilson had been bought instead, the reality is we would have still gone for Jerome. All academic now.

But in answer to the OP, Grabban is not capable of producing what Callum Wilson did yesterday, IMO.

Find a stick and beat the club over the head with it. It really is not hard to understand is it, Wilson tried to sign Wilson but he chose Bournemouth, this kind of thing happens in football all the time, regardless of the stature of the club. If Wilson is so shit hot tell me why he failed to score in the first two matches of the season?......

No clue about real life, but Wilson is hella quick and strong on FIFA xD. A lot better than grabban on the game from my expirence. So of course I realize this point of view is frowned upon, but I''d just like to put it out there. Hahahaha

[quote user="Samwam27"]Shows up Adams complete inexperience again, by going for Grabban before Wilson![/quote]What nonsense. If you were a manager of a Championship club and you had a choice of two strikers, one had championship experience and goals to his name,or one who only had L1 goals and experience to his name what would your 1st choice be.