Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Grabban vs Jerome - the fans.

Let me start by saying i think Jerome is rightly the number 1 striker. But I also rate Grabban

My point being, had Grabban missed that 1 on 1 yesterday, this forum would be plastered with slatings of Grabban, claiming hes Championship quality at best.

Its about time people started getting behind Grabban rather than that waste of space RvW who has offered far less for ncfc than any of our other strikers yet seems to have a consistent, deluded fan base still pleading for him to play.

[quote user="hogesar"]Let me start by saying i think Jerome is rightly the number 1 striker. But I also rate Grabban

My point being, had Grabban missed that 1 on 1 yesterday, this forum would be plastered with slatings of Grabban, claiming hes Championship quality at best.

Its about time people started getting behind Grabban rather than that waste of space RvW who has offered far less for ncfc than any of our other strikers yet seems to have a consistent, deluded fan base still pleading for him to play.[/quote]

I started off thinking I would be agreeing with you, but surely the point is that we should be getting behind all the players, whoever they are. I''m one that still thinks RVW could come good and I also think that Grabban will make his mark this season too.  No real need to get on anyone''s back......

[quote user="hogesar"]Let me start by saying i think Jerome is rightly the number 1 striker. But I also rate Grabban

Its about time people started getting behind Grabban rather than that waste of space RvW who has offered far less for ncfc than any of our other strikers yet seems to have a consistent, deluded fan base still pleading for him to play.
[/quote]Huzzah! [Y]

Well then Hog, let''s hope that RVW doesn''t notice the insincerity in your ''support''.

Neither in my opinion are Premiership strikers , they are just not prolific enough . We just cannot afford to keep missing sitters and the fact that Russell Martin looks more assured in front of goal than both of them says it all .

Heres to a new striker or two arriving this week .

Haha - ridiculous end to the post! Grabban missed an open goal in his first game - you''re doing to RVW what you''re asking people not to do to RVW.

Grabban has only ever scored championship goals so not sure why you rate him so much higher than RVW.

Either way, anyone in our squad who plays should have our full support.

Ah, so my ncfc fan experiment went down a treat!

Out you all flock to defend RvW, who after a whole season in the Prem and in France proved himself not good enough, yet Grabban, who played a major role in our promotion, gets slated!

Point aptly proven.

RVW has scored more Premiership goals than Grabban. Probably still will have by end of season. Shame we never got Wilson!

Grabban has 12 in 37 apps for us.

RvW has 1 in 25.

Or, if youd like to include his France spell to cover the last 2 years of his career, he has 6 in 49.

[quote user="hogesar"]Grabban has 12 in 37 apps for us.

RvW has 1 in 25.

Or, if youd like to include his France spell to cover the last 2 years of his career, he has 6 in 49.[/quote]

Slight difference in quality of Championship V Premiership.

Also totally different seasons. Grabban under attachking manager in easier league. RVW under defensive manager in tougher league. You can''t compare apples and oranges!

I think both Jerome and Grabban will have a part to play in keeping this club up this season, though they are different players and will be utilised accordingly. I''d still fancy another player though to add real competition for Jerome as we need to become completely ruthless with our chance conversions... We need Jerome to be playing knowing there is someone more than capable of keeping him out of the side, which I don''t really feel Grabban will do this year.

[quote user="hogesar"]Ah, so my ncfc fan experiment went down a treat!

Out you all flock to defend RvW, who after a whole season in the Prem and in France proved himself not good enough, yet Grabban, who played a major role in our promotion, gets slated!

Point aptly proven.[/quote]Grabban who played a major role in our promotion ...which was at fizzy pop level, that is his level but he is not outstanding even at that standard . Grabban would be first striker out the door for me and those in the box tap ins him and Jerome have missed would most certainly been put away by Hooper and possibly even Ricky .

The fact you think RvW would even be in the position to put them away suggests your player judgement is somewhat lacking.

Agree Hooper may have done, but even then there''s no guarantee. Grabbans movement is far better than either of those two.

Grabban has scored in championship regularly - a lower standard than the French Ligue 1, Portuguese premier league and English premier league. RVW has scored a goal in the premier league in an awfully defensive team, Grabban had missed an open goal and scored 0 goals.

My point is, we should support both of them irrespective of your view on RVW, they''re probably of a similar standard, unfortunately you feel the need to slaughter one when he doesn''t score and ignore the faults of the other when he misses chances. Knocking a player and taking his confidence is clearly not constructive so please start actually supporting our players.

I think it might be more that Grabban has a track record of poor finishing that Jerome doesn''t, hence he gets cut more slack for his one glaring miss. The major criticism of Grabban for me was that even at Championship level it felt like he needed 4 decent chances to get a goal. Even in his hot streak at the start of the season he was missing quite a few chances (Ipswich away springs to mind).

The continued insistence amongst some fans that RVW is somehow some hard done by unlucky striker who just needs a chance is baffling though.

If im totally honest King i agree with all that. His chance to goal ratio isn''t great but i do think Jerome is guilty of missing his fair share too.

My praise for Grabban is less his finishing more his movement nd work rate, which coupled with a decent enough first touch and hold up ability make him a useful striker.