Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Striker Issue Solved??

Many posters believe we need another CB, possibly we do and if of Prem Quality, who would he replace, RM or SB, based on what I’ve seen so far it would be a close call, however, it appears RM has a striker’s instinct of being in the right place at the right time and putting the ball in the net. Yesterday Butland pulled off a great save to deny him initially but he still found space for NR to pick him out before he slotted home. Three games two goals, both key, so on course for 25 in the season, that quality of striker would cost at least £25m, so save the money and give RM the number 9 shirt!!!!

Ray where have you been with your nonsense, I have missed it.

I''ll give you any odds you like on Russell Martin being our top goal scorer this season and any odds you like on him scoring 20 goals let alone 25.

So how much would you like to bet on either or both?

No, thought not.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/norwich-city/9961864/norwich-need-to-take-chances

As much as I dislike him, Merson is right in this interview, we do have to be careful in who we bring in. On one hand we need Jerome''s work rate, but we also need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net. Thats the reason why Charlie Austin is worth £15m

I guess the issue with Austin is his wages and how that will affect other players in the squad... will others request more? Will he bring up the average wage in the team?

ruthers1,

I take it as a compliment you''ve missed me but did you really think I was serious?

I agree this post was nonsense, but I assure you most are not, well according to me anyway!

Lighten up man, and you are absolutely correct I wouldn''t bet on RM scoring 20 let alone 25, although if you fancy a bet what price will you give me he will score 5 or more?

Over to you ruthers1.

Continuing Ray''s theme, and taking yesterday''s game as an example, decent chances were missed by Jerome, Redmond, Dorrans, Howson, Johnson and (I think) Brady. Any striker we bring in is going to have to be superhuman to turn those misses into goals, Or maybe the idea is that the others all stop trying to get into goal scoring positions and just concentrate on providing assists?

Sometimes the art of scoring a goal is more simple than some care to make it; Wes Hoolahan also missed what looked a simple headed opportunity. - yet Russell Martin has indeed scored two goals in two games, That young lad from Sunderland also shinned one in against us didn''t he?

Perhaps we need a more agricultural bargain-basement target man...