Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Bradley Johnson

Anyone else think that Bradley''s hair is getting that long now that he''s starting to look like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones?

Loose comparisons aside, he seemed dangerous when he came on but I think he could also be good cover for Wes in the attacking mid spot - through the middle rather than on the wing. His physicality and shooting may be more effective there I feel.

Absolutely not. That position more than any other on the pitch relies on excellent technique, creativity and vision; Johnson simply doesn''t have those qualities. He''s a good player to have on the bench for extra ''bite'' in midfield, solid support for the full-back and energetic forward running, but no chance of him playing in the hole IMO.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Absolutely not. That position more than any other on the pitch relies on excellent technique, creativity and vision; Johnson simply doesn''t have those qualities. He''s a good player to have on the bench for extra ''bite'' in midfield, solid support for the full-back and energetic forward running, but no chance of him playing in the hole IMO.[/quote]Not always- Marouane Fellaini has shown himself to be very effective in that position and he makes use of his physical presence rather than anything technical or skilful.However, I do agree with you. Johnson, as fantastic as he was last year, probably lacks the quality to be first choice in any position at this level, although he is a very handy player to have on the bench. He provides us with different options in a few positions, but by Premier League standards, I don''t think he''s quite good enough to nail down one as his own, especially not ''in the hole''.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Absolutely not. That position more than any other on the pitch relies on excellent technique, creativity and vision; Johnson simply doesn''t have those qualities. He''s a good player to have on the bench for extra ''bite'' in midfield, solid support for the full-back and energetic forward running, but no chance of him playing in the hole IMO.[/quote]Not always- Marouane Fellaini has shown himself to be very effective in that position and he makes use of his physical presence rather than anything technical or skilful.However, I do agree with you. Johnson, as fantastic as he was last year, probably lacks the quality to be first choice in any position at this level, although he is a very handy player to have on the bench. He provides us with different options in a few positions, but by Premier League standards, I don''t think he''s quite good enough to nail down one as his own, especially not ''in the hole''.[/quote]Yeah, agree with everything you''ve said there about Johnson. As far as the attacking midfield role goes, though, Fellaini is the exception rather than the rule, and he has very good close control and decent vision too. Before the fashion for playing one up front became the norm, you''d often have Fellaini-style players operating as second strikers - Teddy Sheringham, for example - but in the modern game it''s usually a twinkle-toed technical player who operates in that position, as they have more responsibility to come back into midfield and help out, rather than having to double up as an outlet for direct balls.

I accept that he wouldn''t warrant a starting place but as an option off the bench i feel he could be effective there, as another dimension that wouldn''t be expected.

I basically just feel sorry for BJ, shame he can''t fit into the system atm.

[quote user="YorkshirePudding"]Anyone else think that Bradley''s hair is getting that long now that he''s starting to look like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones?

Loose comparisons aside, he seemed dangerous when he came on but I think he could also be good cover for Wes in the attacking mid spot - through the middle rather than on the wing. His physicality and shooting may be more effective there I feel.[/quote]

You know nothing

I bet brady would be good as a No 10 shame we need him on the left wing maybe that''s why we would like walters

he can play RM LM or No10