Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Disappointed with the ticket office today.

In all my years supporting Norwich City i have never once complained about my seat or standing position but after Saturday i decided to ring the ticket office today and then wondered why i bothered.

I booked 3 tickets together for the Stoke game in the upper barclay in the back row V, i wasn`t told it was an impaired view and it had nothing on the ticket, i just had both goals in view but the right hand side of the pitch was obscured completely.

I asked to speak to a supervisor but got a young chap who in fairness tho pleasant basically said what happened was unfortunate but we can`t do anything to help as those tickets are sold at full price anyway, had i known it was restricted we could have had 3 single seats i never would of booked them.

Of course at the end of the day they know you will come back its not like a supermarket or something where you might say im not going back there again, very disappointed with the club who don`t seem to care about the average fan these days.......

Are you sure you were sat in the upper Barclay? I''ll be honest here and say I really don''t know how you get an impaired view even if you were sat right at the top in the corner.

Don''t suppose you took a picture? Would be interested to see this as I don''t see how it''s physically possible.

Think I had that seat for the Millwall game on boxing day, basically you are sat next to a  steel encased concrete pillar about a meter wide and struggle to see a part  the pitch. if you lean forward too much the person next to you can''t see! it is a joke to be charged full price for it as I was. It is worth no more than a tenner for that view. Utterly disgraceful  really!

Thank you Spartacus that is the very seat, its incredible isn`t it that you can be charged full price for that seat and no warning !!

I took my girlfriend to her first game a few years ago and sat there too. Was the only way I could move my season ticket and sit with her. The view was pretty bad. The guy next to the pillar had it even worse. We agreed to all stand throughout the game so we could at least all lean and see what was happening. We ended up just getting into an argument with the steward who kept telling us to sit down throughout the game. We never got told the view was impaired so weren''t too happy. We did have a lot of fun guessing where the ball would land after goal kicks though as it just disappeared every time. If we wouldn''t have won though don''t think she would have come back.

I had a similar issue in the aviva corner stand a few years ago. A know at the time the official site had a definition of restricted view, and obscured view, one was the pitch was blocked, and the other was a portion of the goal was blocked. However as my ticket was full price, and not marked with either they gave me a full refund.

I would write to them, and maybe a watchdog site, what with the focus on ticket prices etc currently ongoing (twenties plenty) i dont think it too much to ask for a seat where u can see the action. good luck.

[quote user="greavsy"] what with the focus on ticket prices etc currently ongoing (twenties plenty) [/quote]Funny you mention that as it seems very quiet of late with regard to that particular campaign unless of course i have missed something ?