Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Bournemouth bid for Grabban rejected

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/23/norwich-city-reject-bournemouths-lewis-grabban-bid/? << Seem to be breaking alot of our stuff before the rest of the press (although whether they are reporting accurately, or others are jumping on the bandwagon after HITC report remains to be seen).
Interesting if true.

If true, interesting that they feel he could do a job in this league when many on here think he can''t.

Much as I don''t rate Grabban, and especially not at this level, I wouldn''t want to let him go unless we''ve already signed a better replacement. No point selling an intergral part of our squad unless we know we''re making an overall improvement to that squad.

Yeah if we had a replacement it would be a good move. This rumour came up in jan. but for me an ok forward but not one I have faith in to lead the line.

Indeed Feedthewolf. And what with Hooper being linked away as well, we''d be down to Cam, Lafferty and RvW. Yikes!

There will hopefully be a lot of movement in the remainder of this window. Are you going to do your squad list again Purple?

[quote user="hogesar"]We''d be stupid to sell one of our main strikers to a rival.[/quote]Even if it''s one who can''t hit a barn door with a banjo? I think not.

Would be a bad idea to sell to a team at the same level who in all likelihood will be scrapping to stay up just like us. If we do sell him it should only be to a team in the Championship.

Grabban''s our current second choice striker.  We would be mad to sell him until we have signed a new #1 or #2 striker, and perhaps Neil sees Grabban as a player for the long term anyway.
And certainly not selling to Bournemouth.

SkySports picked this up now and running with "two bids from Bournemouth rejected by Norwich, according to ''Sky sources''....

Not heard this rumour before. Perhaps Muff would play him in a different role than Sir Alex plays him. If, however, his release would allow us to bring in Cam Jerome mk2 then I would get him out of the door pronto!!

Take the money and run!

I didn''t rate him in the Championship and don''t feel he has the credentials to make the step up in the Premier League.

For me he would rank behind Hooper and RVW, both of whom I think should still have a future at the club.

RVW especially is a better team player and for me just needs a couple of breaks in Neil''s more attacking set up and he will show why we paid what we did for him.

He is 2nd choice but when a new addition comes in he will be fourth.

He won''t be third, three strikers the same ahead of hooper and rvw is wrong. You need options.

Grabban is a player who I believe has shown over two years his ability. We need better and hence looking to fill that number 9

Grabban will be there this season but if the offer is right and of there are reasons he may want to move would be good. We have a need to get some tough decision right, but I don''t think this is really the situation.

I still remember his MOTM performance against Ipswich at home in the league.. I''m not keen to see the back of him, some people memories are short!

If we can get them to pay silly money e.g. £10m then we''ve got to sell him. Then we could spend twice that on a decent second striker.

Cant see Wilson going anywhere yet, he is main man at Bournemouth and that aint going to change anytime soon, However makes you think, Eddie Howe would sign him again, Alex Neil rated him above Jerome quite a bit, maybe fans are too quick to write him off?

Hmm...so fans have been blaming the club for not signing Wilson like genius Bournemouth.

''Useless'' Grabban is now wanted by said genius club.

So thats Neil Adams, Alex Neil and Eddie Howe, or at least the respective scouting networks that rate him.

Hmmmm...who''s right? The pink un idiot club or professionals?

As for the guy who claimed rvw is a better team player than Grabban - do you eat lead for tea each night? Only conceivable explanation for the level of stupidity!

[quote user="Molly Windley"]So ............ As Eddie Howe rates Grabban so highly is he a genius for selling Grabban to us last season or for now trying to buy him back?

[/quote]
We paid the release clause didn''t we? Not much Howe could have done about that either way.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Molly Windley"]So ............ As Eddie Howe rates Grabban so highly is he a genius for selling Grabban to us last season or for now trying to buy him back?

[/quote]
We paid the release clause didn''t we? Not much Howe could have done about that either way.
[/quote]Google does indeed say that he had a £3 million release clause which we paid, didnt know that.I wonder if he has a similar clause in his present contract with us?