From official site

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~688748,00.html

I must be honest with you, I am excited but at the same time, worried. How good is this guy?

Small transfer fee? peanuts to someone like psv. please to see another one on board though it''s about time. And like all signings that pull on the shirt, support them 100%.

bit of an unknown quantity for me, but I''m really looking forward to seeing him in action. At £263,000 (plus 25% sell-on clause) the guy looks like being a steal. What with his age, position in the team and apparent pedigree I think Colin will be a fairly good pound-for-pound purchase.
Welcome aboad Jurgen...

bit of an unknown quantity for me, but I''m really looking forward to seeing him in action. At £263,000 (plus 25% sell-on clause) the guy looks like being a steal. What with his age, position in the team and apparent pedigree I think Colin will be a fairly good pound-for-pound purchase.
Welcome aboad Jurgen...

Just been speaking to my dutch friend, tells me this is a very good signing. Things are looking pretty decent at the moment..

No one mention Derveld

[quote]Great signing. He could be the best signing yet. We have now signed 5 people and soon it will be 6. I am very excited about this guy[/quote]

Have you seen him play then northern?

Yes, hats off to Worthy. I began to wonder whether we would be kicking off the season with a serious shortage of players, but the old boy has proved me wrong again by making several signings at short notice. Time will tell how good they are, but I''m quite optimistic about all the new boys up to now. Roll on August the 6th!

Nope, just going on what i have been told. PSV have produced many good youths, everton tried to sign him and he turned them down etc. It all sounds promising to me.

I''m not sure about the reported £500,000 for Hughes, but Colin seems a real bargain. If Everton looked at him and he played with PSV, surely he has not lost what he had. When we are promoted he should be ready for the right back position!

Well done, Worthy - competition at right back, and if necessary the Frenchman could play wide right!

[quote]Maybe this will silence the moaning old women who''ve been going on about the club being broke?[/quote]

Game rule 1 Marmite: Nothing other than the moderators, will silence me.

I don''t know too much about Jurgen, so like a lot of posters I''ll reserve my judgement.

So stop acting as if Worthy has splashed 15 to 20 million on transfers, he''s hardly spent anything!.

If he can get Marny, he''ll have done fair in the transfer market.

I think the thing to remember here is the standard of the Dutch league. Not fantastic.

However, Dutch players are usually technically outstanding (Derveld and De Waard being the only exceptions!) so that is good news.

I would say English equivalent player would be a reserve at a lower prem club, Konchesky or someone, so all in all it sounds promising.

I''m very happy with the Colin signing, he seems to be a fantastic prospect and the fact that PSV have demanded a 25% sell on clause clearly shows that they feel he has potential. 

If we can get Marney on loan then i would feel very happy with the summer''s transfers.

[quote]Game rule 1 Marmite: Nothing other than the moderators, will silence me. I don''t know too much about Jurgen, so like a lot of posters I''ll reserve my judgement. So stop acting as if Worthy has spla...[/quote]

Ah, thought not!

Great signing, very solid player and technically sound, will fit in well here.

If we get Marney then Worthington would have done exceptionally well in the transfer market; to call it ''fair'' Wizard is quite frankly a joke. Rebuilding a squad that has just been relegated is no easy task, and to do it how we have is testament to how we have progressed as a club from the top down in the past 4 years.

There was never any need to panic, just a few drama queens wanting to create a situation out of nothing.

[quote]Great signing, very solid player and technically sound, will fit in well here. If we get Marney then Worthington would have done exceptionally well in the transfer market; to call it ''fair'' Wizard is...[/quote]

Have you seen Colin play Campbell?

[quote]Great signing, very solid player and technically sound, will fit in well here. If we get Marney then Worthington would have done exceptionally well in the transfer market; to call it ''fair'' Wizard is...[/quote]

...and dont forget that so far we have held onto our best players.

Worthy doing exceptionally well Campbell, for me would have been Jason Koumas signing for us.

1: A lot of us have little idea just how good Colin is.

2: Opinion''s on Hughes divides Reading fans, let alone us.

3: Jarrett could be useful.

4: After that, the jury is out on the remaining two new guys.

So no, I don''t think my view on the Worthy signings was a joke, it was just different to yours, but that doesn''t make my opinion a joke or any less valid!.

I gave you the respect with your opinion, it would be nice to receive that same repect back from you, however much you disagree with me.

Campbell, whatever did you mean when you said " just a few drama queens wanting to create a situation out of nothing". Are you suggesting the Wizard is a witch?

Hello to you all,

Congrat. with signing Collin, think he will do well for you.

I''m a NAC Breda fan and Jurgen played 2 years for us. In the first year, he was amazing. One of our suprising players. We ended 4th and had a great UEFA Cup trip to Newcastle (where we got slaughtered btw).

After that year, Collin went back to PSV but  didn''t make the first team. A transfer to Everton failed and NAC Breda was able to loan him again. He was not as good as before but went a little down with the team (we ended 15th last year).

He can play right back or centre back. He is strong and fast and doens''t do strange things. Not really a great built up, but he was able to defend all strikers in our league.

Hope he does well, and maybe I will see him play because we already tries to get Norwich a visit in a England football trip, but was too risky is we could get a ticket or not.

Cheers,

Roland

I think fair is an understatement.

We have replaced all but a couple of the departures with similar or better players.

We haven''t lost our best players - Hux, Ashton, Francis (forget the end of season), Green

We have a squad full of young players that all look promising.

Players out were fringe to say the least

Players in are good balance of experience in this league and young prospects with potential.

Have double cover for every position now (almost come on Marney).

What''s best of all though is that it has all been done without spending a penny, club is financially sound which to me is a much better option than spending loads on one or two players which is risky and doesn''t guarantee a thing.  Norwich have played the risk card on two players over two seasons, Hux and Ashton and both have paid off and are still with us, excellent business.  This season you have to ask was there a player available that we could take that risk on of the same calibre of Hux and Ashton, I don''t think so.

Worthy has done well.   Now all that remains is to see if he has learnt from his mistakes with selection and substitutions last season.

OTBC.   I am so excited, never been a season ticket holder before and every time I open my wallet my lovely yellow card is looking at me, I have to get it out and look at it - sad I know, but I am really looking forward to this seaosn and the future is looking Yellow

Theres some videos put up here:-http://www.coendillen.nl/Colin/filmpjesranding.htmLooks like he ''had'' a dedicated fan club in 2003... So promising for sure..

[quote]...and dont forget that so far we have held onto our best players.[/quote]

I think that is far more important than any player we have signed.

[quote]Hello to you all, Congrat. with signing Collin, think he will do well for you. I''m a NAC Breda fan and Jurgen played 2 years for us. In the first year, he was amazing. One of our suprising players. ...[/quote]

Thank you Roland.  It''s nice to hear a view on his abilities from someone who has actually seen him.

I''ve seen Colin play around 5 times in Holland, and he''s impressed me every time. He''s very solid, you know what you''ll get and he can pass very well; has the potential to be our best right back in years.

As for signing Koumas, it''s too big a risk. I''d welcome him on a 3-month loan, but for someone who has the ego of Koumas he''d demand more faith in him. We could have shelled out, but say, after a few good matches, he has a falling out with somebody at the club and decides to sulk...Congratulations, that''s £1m wasted. Not worth it, especially when we have so many great attacking options already at the club.

On the subject of signings, it''s clear you have no concept of building upon a relegated squad. In the context, Worthington has done very well, and I still stand by the point, Wizard, that your opinion is a joke. If we had stayed up and these signings had been made, then yes, I''d agree with you that it''s nothing special...but to be relegated and IMPROVE our squad and still keep a fair amount of cash back for a rainy day in January is a great feat.

Let''s have a look at the signings:

Louis-Jean: Good Championship level right back, better than Edworthy

Jarrett: Good Championship level midfielder, better than Holt

Thorne: Good and proven Championship level goal scorer, better than Svensson

In those three players, we''ve improved our squad...I think that''s clear for all to see.

Colin: You will be impressed with him, I have no doubts...but quite rightly others reserve judgement.

Hughes: Determined and mobile midfielder/defender, 3 decent players in one.

We were never going to set the world alight with our signings, but the players we''ve managed to get in have improved our squad a great deal.

As somebody else has quite rightly pointed out, none of our best players have left...so why try and replace them? To turn established first team Premiership standard players in to Championship level bench warmers just for the sake of spending a good few million would have been wrong.

Right now, I am very happy with how things have gone, and if anyone else is not, they should take a look around at the quality of our opposition squads for this year.

We all know what Wizard does, he is a drama queen, he''ll turn anything in to a major crisis...even saying we were ''broke'' at one point. To be fair, it works and gets people posting...but logic and sense always prevails!

Let''s get behind the team...it''s going to be an interesting season!

This guy sounds like a real bargain.  I don''t want to get my hopes up too much but for Everton to be interested last year and PSV to put in a 25% sell on clause he must be worth a look.  Well done Nige, you''ve done it again!

Thanks Roland, sounds like hes a useful signing.
At his age, hes got the potential to get a lot better too.
I think a season in D2 (or whatever they''re calling it this year) could be just what he needs to progress.