Sign in to follow this  
Molly Windley

Corals - Free Norwich Shirt Offer

Got quite excited at the thought of the possibility of a free shirt and winning some bets, but realised - a) I don''t like the present kitsb) That is exactly the response that Coral wanted c) I don''t want to open another betting account I am therefore with Bor on this. The encouragement to bet should not be a carrot of an NCFC shirt.  If you enter into opening a betting account it should be because you have weighed everything up and know what you are letting yourself in for, not being sucked in with something like a City shirt.  Skybet, Corals, WilliamHill, Bet365....are all everywhere on our screens.  People up in arms over things like Wonga, but is blatant encouragement to bet any better?   Not imo.

If you can''t control your betting it says more about you than it does the bookies

It''s a good deal that they aren''t forcing you into doing, don''t like it don''t bet!

As I said before there have been betting terminals at carrow road for years don''t get on your high horse now

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]If you can''t control your betting it says more about you than it does the bookies

It''s a good deal that they aren''t forcing you into doing, don''t like it don''t bet!

As I said before there have been betting terminals at carrow road for years don''t get on your high horse now[/quote]Rubbish - it''s not about high horses. It''s about more vulnerable people who haven''t got the willpower to resist offers like this. Those same vulnerable people, once hooked, may be set on a path they can''t control - because they are vulnerable.    It''s ok for most people - and it''s ok saying I''m alright Jack - but sometimes, you have to protect people too.   Gambling, like drink and drugs, destroys people. There is no harm in saying so.

I am with you on this Bor and others that are supporting the principle that this could lead to individuals being further exposed to the dangers of gambling.

There is no doubt that in reality I, along with us all, is being offered a new shirt for £30 maximum cost which is attractive to someone like myself who would then instantly close the account.

But there will be people that might win on one or more of their bets and become sucked into regular bets and then we know that there will only be one winner. Why do you think that Coral are making this offer? They are losing nothing as the cost price of the shirt to the club will be no more than £30 any way. It is a win win for them. Its a no from me out of principle although it would save me £15.

I am truly saddened that our club has gone down this route as I have seen at first hand the problems of gambling. Those of you that will be accusing us of being kill-joys are simply realists that have seen its dangers and consequences.

It has been interesting to observe how the queue at the betting booths within in the ground grows longer each season with more and more people betting. I''m personally fed up of the constant ''in your face'' advertising whenever a game is on the TV. This is going to end up messy.

Surely the moral outrage brigade would also like to see alcohol, sugary drinks and unhealthy food banned from the stadium?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]A "community club" should not be promoting gambling.[/quote]

Im with you Bor, there should be no relationship with any gambling establishments!

Because its legal it doesn''t make it acceptable. Gambling is addictive and ends in tears in occasions and it annoys me seeing all this accessible gambling we have these days.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Well said.

I am disappointed by the number of "I''m alright Jack" responses to what seems a reasonable concern.

Thatcher''s children, eh?[/quote]

Blair/Browns I think, they de regulated the market.

[quote user="kirku"]Surely the moral outrage brigade would also like to see alcohol, sugary drinks and unhealthy food banned from the stadium?[/quote]

I don''t see the club in a tie-up deal with those manufacturers or offering a shirt to anyone drinking themselves silly or stuffing their faces with pies.

Different thing in my opinion. The club shop can sell crack cocaine for all I care, as long as they don''t promote it through introductory offers which use the club brand as leverage.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Well said.

I am disappointed by the number of "I''m alright Jack" responses to what seems a reasonable concern.

Thatcher''s children, eh?[/quote]

Blair/Browns I think, they de regulated the market.

[/quote]

Way to miss the point.

Thatcher said "there is no such thing as society".

There are a number of posters here saying "I can control my gambling, so why should I care if some people can''t?"

I just find that attitude disappointing.

It''s like saying you don''t go in supermarkets or buy anything from supermarkets because they sell alcohol and cigarettes and sometimes even have some alcohol on special offer.

Get off your high horse.

Its a shame we have to play to the 1% that screws everything else up for the rest of us.

I take drugs like a champion but I''m not allowed because cindy went and killed her kids on drugs! thanks cindy!!! Im not allowed to drive my car at 120mph because some other douche ran someone over! thanks mate!!

Always have to play to 1% of bum nuggets

Why can''t I have a free shirt as I''m a responsible adult........no because theres "vunerables" out there that can''t stay out of a bookies so we should wrap everyone else in cotton wool too.

Natural Selection is way under-rated!

I took up the offer on Friday night and I still haven''t received an email from Coral, has anyone else heard back?

Also what dpit just said - the offer has been pulled and the link no longer works - I think Coral are going to try and welch on us all. [:@]

Placed my 3 bets Friday, won £31 (Bournemouth away win) and received the voucher number from Corals this morning.

Will proceed to lose the remaining £31 over the next week or so no doubt rather than withdrawing it and having a free shirt.

Doubt I''ll then proceed to gamble all of the family''s money away but you never can tell......