Sign in to follow this  
Luton canary

Game against Rotherham

I really hope he starts Ricky van wolfwinkle and not grabbin I want the wolf to get his last chance and would sell grabbin in Bournemouth pay 6m

I''m also hoping that RvW starts tomorrow night. In my opinion the league is far more important to us than the cup, and so I want AN to rest some of our first choice players ready for Sunday and give some of our second choice players a go

I too believe that the League Cup, for this season anyway, should not jeopardise our League Campaign. If our second string can get us to the QF then maybe risk key players but given our position on the brink of real financial solvency the Premier League must take priority.

Even if we left out everyone that will play on Sunday at Soton, surely the remainder can give Rotherham a game.

I''m going tomorrow. Wasn''t sure if it was worth bothering with, but I''m only just over an hour away so thought I might as well.
Wonder what sort of numbers will be there? Can''t imagine there''ll be many of us going up for this one.
Sounds like we''ll be making 4 or 5 changes to the starting 11, so I expect to see RvW getting a game at some point. May well see Andreu and VOO too.

I''d really love to see Ricky get a start as well Luton.

I''m probably clutching at straws but I do want to see him play in an Alex Neil team before we write him off.

I would guess

Rudd

E Bennett

R Bennett

Wisdom

Toffolo

O''Neil

Odjija-Ofoe

Johnson

Howson

Van Wolfswinkel

Hooper

Bench

Kean

Turner

Martin

Andreu

Redmond

Grabban

+ someone from the U21s.

My guess at the team:

---------------------Rudd-------------------

Wisdom--- Martin---Bennett---Toffolo

------------O''Neil---Odjidja-Ofoe--------

-----E.Bennett---Dorrans---Johnson-----

-------------------Grabban----------------

Subs:

Kean; Whittaker; Bassong; Redmond; Thompson; Andreu, RvW

Think the starting XI will be a mix of first team players and fringe players. Also think he will keep some big names on the bench in case we are struggling and need them.

Would love him to start Wolfy, but think Grabban will get the nod.

Deliberately left out Hooper & Turner in light of the SW speculation. Whether they are included or not will obviously give a big indication as to where their futures lay.

andyc I think we will see a few more first team players, at the back especially I expect/hope at least one to help lead the defense. Maybe I''m just hopeful as I don''t want to see a repeat of Shrewsbury!

Olsson and Lafferty I think may feature, just back from injuries and will want to get match fitness perhaps.

Looks like a plausible line up Jim, but I would not be surprised to see Andreu starting between and slightly in advance of E Bennett and Dorrans, with Vadis making way to the bench.

This will not be easy, Rotherham have not started well but Steve Evans is a fiery character and will have them well up for this.

Grabban, if he plays, will want to stay longer on the pitch than he did in April, not punching an opponent will help somewhat.

[quote user="Ginja"] Olsson and Lafferty I think may feature, just back from injuries and will want to get match fitness perhaps.[/quote]
Lafferty in the squad according to BBC, dunno about Olsson but imagine he plays if fit.

I think AN may put a few of his Saturday players in but I''d like to see:

Rudd

E Bennett, R Bennett, Wisdom, Toffolo

O''Neil, Johnson

Vadis, Hooper, Andreu

Grabban

Subs: RVW & Lafferty to get game time.

Alex neil said yesterday there won''t be wholesale changes.

#ncfc AN insists won''t be wholesale changes for #rufc ''we want to win. Its not about giving lads a game.''

Lafferty was included in the squad so either he''s tweaked his injury again, or he is off.
Anyone know 100% if you can get tickets on the gate for this one? I''m assuming I''ll be able to, but ticket office was keeping me on hold forever when I called to check and I''m trying to sort out my house after moving last week so haven''t got time to sit on hold for eternity.

[quote user="kick it off"]Lafferty was included in the squad so either he''s tweaked his injury again, or he is off.
[/quote]
Just checked Lafferty''s twitter and says he isn''t in the squad tonight, so BBC got that one wrong yesterday.
He also says he is fully fit, so if he can''t get in the squad for a cup game, you would think the writing is on the wall for him to be off in the next 6 days.

Lafferty tweet:

"Not included in the squad for tonight''s game against Rotherham, but I am back full fit and buzzing to get on the pitch again. #ncfc #GAWA"

Always thought he seemed like a decent enough chap, but clearly has no future here.

A move elsewhere is best for both parties. He wants to be playing football to prolong his international career. We want him off the wage bill.

He''s shown several times previously he will move almost anywhere to play football - credit to him - so can''t see it being a problem moving him on over the next week.

I am very much a league over cup fan. With our current up to status league is therefore priority.

But I believe league cup is more important than fa cup. Reason being it is an earlier competition in the football calendar. Wigan proved why fa cup is a disaster competition for a club like ourselves. Too many fixtures at a critical point in the season.

So I believe more importance should be set on a competition with a final in the spring than in may.

So I expect a strong team and a good challenge.

Key is that a weaker team goes out in the fa cup injuries from the fa cup cost you not in the first round of the league cup.

Any chance of a stream? There''s one on utube which says it will start in an hour, but I''ve never seen one working on there?

Vanwink, no streams tonight, the only games from the cup are H''pool v Ballmouth and Luton v Stoke.