Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Austin

If we are improving our bid for Afobe because we are offloading hooper. Then why would we not make an improved bid for Austin. I think we are closer to him with our 14 mill bid. Than we are with Afobe sounds like they would be looking for around 18 mill

I think teams aren''t going for Austin due to having a dodgy knee. Think he failed a medical at Hull before QPR signed him. Could be too much of a gamble for us if he ends up crocked and top wage earner.

I suspect Austin has his sights set higher than a mid to lower table team and will be the subject of a tug of war by a number of clubs on deadline day.

QPR have set it up to go that way.

I have read that Austin wants a London club and if one doesn''t come in for him then he is happy to stay this maybe just the media coming up with stuff but you never know if he is settled in the London area then even if we did bid the quoted 15 million then it may not make any difference, the article said that he was hoping Spurs,Palace ect to come in for him.

It maybe the case you never know.

Austin has a year left on his contract, and has pretty much made it known he won''t sign a new one. He may like the idea of going on a ''free'' transfer next year and pocketing the massive signing on fee. (Andre Ayew received £6m from Swansea).

If Austin is open to a move this summer, then his value drops by the day, no one has made a serious attempt to sign him as they know a move at the end of the window could end up saving them a considerable lump of cash - QPR have been so ''open'' about the process as they want to scare clubs into moving sooner, and paying a higher price. Everyone is waiting for someone to blink and make the first concrete offer for him, at that time I expect 5 or 6 clubs will come in with counter offers.

Nobody is going to pay £15 million for a guy who can''t pass a medical. They wouldn''t be able to insure him.

I still think if there''s a deal to be done we should pull out all the stops as he could be an absolute beast for us up front. I agree with others though that he''s unlikely to want to come here for various reasons, even if we were to meet QPR''s valuation.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If Austin is open to a move this summer, then his value drops by the day, no one has made a serious attempt to sign him as they know a move at the end of the window could end up saving them a considerable lump of cash - QPR have been so ''open'' about the process as they want to scare clubs into moving sooner, and paying a higher price. Everyone is waiting for someone to blink and make the first concrete offer for him, at that time I expect 5 or 6 clubs will come in with counter offers.[/quote]

The flip side though is that if Norwich, West Ham, Spurs and others are still looking for a striker on deadline day, desperation will kick in and one of them is bound to offer whatever QPR are demanding.

[quote user="ricardo"]Nobody is going to pay £15 million for a guy who can''t pass a medical. They wouldn''t be able to insure him.[/quote]

I doubt he''s uninsured at QPR though Ricardo?