Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

J & J Murphy

Both doing well at their respective clubs on loan.  I wonder if when they mature they will feature in the same team, whether for us or someone else.  Could they be a potent force on either flank in a premier league team in the future,  or would they be better developing separate careers?   Plenty of brothers have appeared for the same team over the years, but twins, especially identical twins, have an empathy that is special and could be a real advantage.  Imagine two Dale Gordons in the same team.............

[quote user="Molly Windley"]"Both doing well at their respective clubs on loan."Josh has yet to play a single minute for MK Dons, was an unused sub on Saturday[/quote]

[:)] But he will do well, I''m sure....

To be fair, the Mk Herald reports that Murphy sat on the bench, paid attention to the match and didn''t get involved in "bantz". At half time he put the kettle on and held the door for the management team.

A good start. Probs learnt his good manners from Houghton.

The tea lady speaks very highly of him,he can get three rich tea biscuits in his mouth at the same time and still hold an intelligible conversation with her.

Yeah, right. Whoopee, I made a mistake.  I was just trying to start a non-transfer related thread - of which there are way too many and are made up of speculation, trolling, media guesswork and sheer desperation, with little or no real information.  Sure  I made a mistake, but what about the subject of the post, which those of you that joyously found something to have a go at me for, totally ignored..............."I wonder if when they mature they will feature in the same team, whether

for us or someone else.  Could they be a potent force on either flank

in a premier league team in the future,  or would they be better

developing separate careers?   Plenty of brothers have appeared for the

same team over the years, but twins, especially identical twins, have an

empathy that is special and could be a real advantage.  Imagine two

Dale Gordons in the same team"Well?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yeah, right. Whoopee, I made a mistake.  I was just trying to start a non-transfer related thread - of which there are way too many and are made up of speculation, trolling, media guesswork and sheer desperation, with little or no real information.  Sure  I made a mistake, but what about the subject of the post, which those of you that joyously found something to have a go at me for, totally ignored...............[/quote]
I feel you''ve pretty much met most of this criteria in a post where you claim you were trying to avoid it.

Well, I''ve admitted the mistake and still they troll on, avoiding the subject of the thread. Keep going chaps, if that is what entertains you.....personally, I think the future of the Murphies is more interesting, but whatever turns you on.

But we don''t really know what their future holds.

Are they likely to play together in the same team, one on each wing was it, I just don''t know.

Are they both good prospects, hell yes, but we already knew that.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lake district canary"]Yeah, right. Whoopee, I made a mistake.  I was just trying to start a non-transfer related thread - of which there are way too many and are made up of speculation, trolling, media guesswork and sheer desperation, with little or no real information.  Sure  I made a mistake, but what about the subject of the post, which those of you that joyously found something to have a go at me for, totally ignored...............[/quote]
I feel you''ve pretty much met most of this criteria in a post where you claim you were trying to avoid it.
[/quote]
I literally laughed until some tea came out of my nose.

Pointing out when someone posts something entirely inaccurate ( again) isn''t trolling...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lake district canary"]Yeah, right. Whoopee, I made a mistake.  I was just trying to start a non-transfer related thread - of which there are way too many and are made up of speculation, trolling, media guesswork and sheer desperation, with little or no real information.  Sure  I made a mistake, but what about the subject of the post, which those of you that joyously found something to have a go at me for, totally ignored...............[/quote]
[/quote]
I literally laughed until some tea came out of my nose.
[/quote]
I do like to return a favour, every now and again. [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Well, I''ve admitted the mistake and still they troll on, avoiding the subject of the thread. Keep going chaps, if that is what entertains you.....personally, I think the future of the Murphies is more interesting, but whatever turns you on. [/quote]
Fair point, Lakey.
As far as I can see, there are three scenarios:
Scenario 1:  Josh and Jacob Murphy never make it out of the reserves team and eventually decide to move on to Hartlepool United where, after various disappointing performances, they are moved on to Kings Lynn and then Lowestoft Town.  Josh qualifies as a trainee accountant and Jacob becomes an estate agent in a shiny suit.  Josh marries a local girl called Tammy whose father used to own Tiffany''s in Great Yarmouth, Jacob plays the field for a while but settles down with a trainee nurse called Belinda who, in thirty years time, is part of a team who discover a cure for Alzheimer''s disease.  Tammy and Belinda don''t get on, and Josh and Jacob still meet up occasionally but find it hard to connect in the way they used to.
Scenario 2: Josh and Jacob Murphy take the first team to a new level of excellence with pace, power and destructive finishing; their third goal against champions-elect Chelsea, where Jacob beats four players before squaring the ball to an onrushing Josh to drill into the top corner from thirty yards, becomes the Sky Sports "trailer goal" (complete with Martin Tyler shouting "OH MY WORD!" as if he''s just orgasmed) and after twenty and eighteen goal seasons (Josh and Jacob respectively), Manchester City buy both players and drop Navas and Stirling.  Champions League success, Premier League success and World Cup success follow as a Murphy-led England team destroy reigning champions Germany 6-1 in the 2022 final.
Josh marries a Ukranian supermodel called Anastasia, while Jacob settles down with Ivana, the daughter of a Soviet coal magnate.  Anastasia and Ivana get on well, and the boys raise families away from the media spotlight and teach their kids the value of hard work, honesty and respect.  They retire from football to become UN ambassadors but follow Norwich City closely and, in later life, buy out the club from the then owner, a Turkish arms dealer called Mustapha Landmine.
Scenario 3: Somewhere in between the two, or something else entirely.
My money''s on (3), but happy to be proved wrong.

I think it was the Fizzy Cup game against Crawley last season where they played together, and Jacob played a brilliant cross-field pass to Josh for one of the goals. Did Josh score two that night? I''m sure the understanding would be handy at youth team level, but in the professional ranks I don''t think they''ve got enough quality to make the first team here. Obviously I''d love to be proved wrong, as everyone wants to see youngsters come through the ranks, but I think if they were going to make the grade here they would have done so already.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Several close shots, an assist and a goal.Like I said........both doing well............... [;)][/quote]Got Saturday''s lottery numbers, Lakey? First the PUPs, and now this... [:)]