Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Grabban refuses place on bench...

Tonight was Grabbans turn to start up top, not feckin'' RVW. I don''t blame Grabban for kicking up a fuss - he''s being treated poorly, and yes I realise he''s been unprofessional and childish but RVW doesn''t deserve to start.

I don''t blame him for trying to force a move through, but I don''t think he''ll get anymore game-time at Bournemouth.

[quote user="Lewis DW"]Tonight was Grabbans turn to start up top, not feckin'' RVW. I don''t blame Grabban for kicking up a fuss - he''s being treated poorly, and yes I realise he''s been unprofessional and childish but RVW doesn''t deserve to start.[/quote]Maybe you should start a petition so we can all tell Alex Neil how awfully he has treated poor Lewis. He should have been straight back in the team after serving his three-match suspension for punching someone in the first half of a vital match, and I mean it''s not like Jerome has been playing well or anything. Scandalous.

[quote user="Lewis DW"]Tonight was Grabbans turn to start up top, not feckin'' RVW. I don''t blame Grabban for kicking up a fuss - he''s being treated poorly, and yes I realise he''s been unprofessional and childish but RVW doesn''t deserve to start.

I don''t blame him for trying to force a move through, but I don''t think he''ll get anymore game-time at Bournemouth.[/quote]

What? No player has a divine right to anything. If the manager wants to play a certain player over another, in this instance RVW over Grabban, he is well within his rights to do so, without players having a tantrum similar to that of a 5 year old.

Lewis DW you are a bit of a tool - RVW starting in a low-meaning cup game us precisely what should happen! Last time we played Rotherham Grabban almost single-handedly screwed up our promotion chances by being a twot and getting sent off; AN clearly let him off and stood by his player as he was sub in the final and started the season in the first XI. To reward that loyalty like this is unacceptable whether or not he wants out - perhaps you need a rethink on your sympathy.

Well he get off on ''special circumstances'' though?
I mean you have to accept players being picked ahead of you. But RvW...

See! There it is again, what''s that grabban getting sent off hate all about? I''ve seen it from loads of people. I''ve heard people go after him, his family, his pets, his choice of soft furnishings all over that sending off. Never seen such an overreaction.

[quote user="Buh"]See! There it is again, what''s that grabban getting sent off hate all about? I''ve seen it from loads of people. I''ve heard people go after him, his family, his pets, his choice of soft furnishings all over that sending off. Never seen such an overreaction.[/quote]It was still a costly aberration in a crucial match. He served his suspension, was rightly benched for Wembley, then started the first game of the season. Neil showed faith in him and forgave him his indiscretion, and this is how he repays him. Not a disproportionate response to a costly piece of unprofessionalism, surely? Agree that some of the opprobrium at the time was way OTT, but surely such an indiscretion at a vital time in the season shouldn''t just be brushed under the carpet?

Yeah, he wcrewed up, but I''ve seen plenty of players sent off over the years but I''ve never seen a reaction like that. Completely overblown. People were talking about it for weeks afterwards! Manager said it was dealt with and people STILL went on about it. Seemed so OTT for me. He''s always been a bit of a Morison for me, maybe fans didn''t like the beard or the lifestyle or something.

Always thought people''s liking of hooper is sometimes a little too much down to the fact he''s a loveable "cheeky chappy" Essex boy. Some players fans take to others don''t.

Take Whittaker, he''s done well recently so it''s quiet but there is a fire under that player that just keeps getting reignited. It''s like fans see a weakness and attack it like a gazelle with a bum leg. Very strange pack mentality. Seen it time and again.

Doesn''t excuse any alleged behavior from grabban today though.

That miss against Palace is going to define Grabbans time at NCFC which is a shame.

Jeromes misses a goal and brown nose brigade still kiss his arse.

Grabban is definitely this seasons early scapegoat / one to pick on.

Personally I think he and his work rate is under rated and constantly over looked in favour of bumming Jerome

[quote user="Buh"]Yeah, he wcrewed up, but I''ve seen plenty of players sent off over the years but I''ve never seen a reaction like that. Completely overblown. People were talking about it for weeks afterwards! Manager said it was dealt with and people STILL went on about it. Seemed so OTT for me. He''s always been a bit of a Morison for me, maybe fans didn''t like the beard or the lifestyle or something.

Always thought people''s liking of hooper is sometimes a little too much down to the fact he''s a loveable "cheeky chappy" Essex boy. Some players fans take to others don''t.

Take Whittaker, he''s done well recently so it''s quiet but there is a fire under that player that just keeps getting reignited. It''s like fans see a weakness and attack it like a gazelle with a bum leg. Very strange pack mentality. Seen it time and again.

Doesn''t excuse any alleged behavior from grabban today though.[/quote]You''ve got to admit, though, Chris Llewellyn was shite.

Not into any of that

All a bit "hollyoaks" when people start going "Morison Tierney"

[quote user="Buh"]Not into any of that

All a bit "hollyoaks" when people start going "Morison Tierney"[/quote]Eh?

All the player hating, the "whipping boys" always reminds me of a sewing circle. Unsavoury, schoolyard bollocks frankly.

Some fans just like drama, rather than football.

[quote user="Buh"]All the player hating, the "whipping boys" always reminds me of a sewing circle. Unsavoury, schoolyard bollocks frankly.

Some fans just like drama, rather than football.[/quote]Yeah, I agree in general, although ranting on here is better than actually booing/criticising our players from the stands. Don''t you find it equally distasteful when people are just blithely sycophantic about every player and club official, all the time?

I''d rather be accurate than reactionary

Search @grabbs22 right now on Twitter and look at some of the reaction. It''s just not necessary. We''re not scousers.

[quote user="Buh"]I''d rather be accurate than reactionary

Search @grabbs22 right now on Twitter and look at some of the reaction. It''s just not necessary. We''re not scousers.[/quote]Don''t use Twitter, but I can well imagine.

I''d rather save my hate for players that join ipswich.

Some fans want a hanging every time a player they don''t like farts in the wrong direction.

TBH, if Grabban has refused to play tonight he may have inadvertently done RVW a favour. With no substitute striker on the bench RVW would have had no fear of being brought off, knowing that he would have a full 90 minutes to get a goal. Which thankfully he did.That said, one swallow does not a summer make. But well played Ricky.

If true i hope he doesnt think we drop the asking price and let him strop off to bournemouth. Gross misconduct so club would be well within their rights to suspend without pay and then let him rot in the reserves. Not the most level headed approach but if he wants to act like a prick then treat him like one.

If this is true he''s let the whole team down again by his attitude, other people dont moan when they dont start, he would have been brought on I am sure. Shows disrespect to the Manager and his team mates,. Hopefully AN can get the strikers he is after and Grabban can be sold.

I like Grabban and he got some goals last season at some critical points so in that respect he''s ok with me. NOW we have to consider our position. If we don''t have a another striker coming in we should keep him and we need him. Jerome, Grabban/RVW, Hooper, Loza, Lafferty. Cmon purely from that listing we need him. And if it comes to selling him to bournemouth not a chance. If he is to be punished then leave him out the 25 man squad list.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I prefer Ricky to 6 chances a game Grabban... get rid of him![/quote]

Are you mental??? He misses a few but he''s in the position to miss them. RVW is the worst striker I have ever seen.

[quote user="coops"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]I prefer Ricky to 6 chances a game Grabban... get rid of him![/quote]

Are you mental??? He misses a few but he''s in the position to miss them. RVW is the worst striker I have ever seen.[/quote]
Ricky had a far better showing tonight than Grabban did at Rotherham away last season.