Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Grabban gone AWOL

If he could finish then he would be a very good centre forward. Needs 5 chances to convert 1 so if Bournmouth are mad enough to pay over the top then sell him and get a player in that knows where the net is. Rate his work rate and movement but at this level when chances come they need to hit the net. Don''t let the door hit your arse on the way out 👍🏻

Imho if this is all true we may as well sell for the 5m, as there is no point keeping an unhappy player, make sure we''ve got the replacement(s) in first though.

We have to be the ones who decide where he goes though, and if it is only b''mouth then i would insist on 8-9m because the extra is what this whole debacle is going to cost us in the transfer market, with other clubs hiking up prices because they know we''re desperate.

If no other club want him for 5-6m and b''mouth wont pay 8-9m, then loan him out or stick him with the kids, and hopefully let there enthusiasm for the game show him what a c0ck he is.

Just listened to AN interview. If we receive some good offers (e.g. £8m) for him, he''ll be gone imo. Something quite substantial has clearly happened.

If we got offered £8 million for what is at best an average championship centre forward the football really has gone mad!

JF, the main line was;

"If your attitude is not right then this will not be a pleasant place for you"

You could tell he was peeved off and didn''t want to be asked any questions by Chris. Feel scared for Grabs, not that he doesn''t deserve it.

JF, they spent £8m and gave away 2 players worth about £800k each just to get Mings, who''s pretty damn awful (though is fast and tall tbf). Football is mad, but it could work in our favour.

I am sorry you cannot have any player who is against what the team needs.

He has to move to Bournemouth quickly. 5.2 should be accepted and we move on.

Hid he stays at the club he will undermine the manager. Sorry grabban needs to move on and we can buy better

Am I missing something or is this just speculation because from what I can see he''s been found guilty of something and yet nothing has been confirmed yet?

AN says he''s keeping everything ''in house'', but logically speaking, if wasn''t true you''d think he''d deny it, or say more...and the report that came out wouldn''t be so detailed.

[quote user="cityangel"]Am I missing something or is this just speculation because from what I can see he''s been found guilty of something and yet nothing has been confirmed yet?[/quote]Angel, the Daily Mail story is by Neil Ashton, who is one of their top sports reporters. It is full of detail, and is not hedged around with "supposedlys" or "allegedlys".I suspect it is essentially true. Possibly Grabban''s agent is on his contacts'' list.

Haha... He won''t go to Bournemouth because of his tantrum. McNally & Neil will remain in control of this situation. Reminds me of that West Brom striker that drove to another club to force through a transfer which fell apart... Egg on face or what?!

If he goes to Bournemouth it because he meets our valuation of the player, which will be ridiculously high if joining a direct rival. No knee-jerk comments from manager in the media necessary. This can harm his immediate (& therefore future career) if not considered mentally capable /poor attitude, immature. Two week fine, plus 2 week suspension away from the club. If no enormous bid received which is worth accepting, Grabban can either choose to remain un-selectable or get his career back on track with an apology to his team mates and acceptance that he would have to work his socks off to work up from his new bottom of the pile position (RvW ahead by default as more professional & less divisive). His choice. Tevez climbed down from his strike at Man City, returned from his golfing jollies in South America, and scored against Norwich not so long ago... Could this situation pan out in similar fashion???

I cannot believe Grabban has done this - completely disrespecting the club in a horrendously unprofessional manner - earning the wages he does. It is an utter joke and deserved the massive bollocking AN will give him tomorrow!

AN did the right thing by not discussing it - but not denying it ultimately confirmed the rumours to be true.

What annoys me is the manner that he (and, in most probability, his agent) has conducted himself.

There is no coincidence that he has done this shortly after we rejected 3 bids from Bournemouth.

He wants to get his transfer so he kicks up a fuss and gets his agent to spread it to the daily mail. This is highly suspicious because no footballer would dream of over-reacting like this after realising they were on the bench for a capital one cup game!

This has left us in a right mess! With Hooper on the verge of a loan move away, we are left with RVW and Lafferty to challenge CJ for the lone striker role - which doesn''t fill me with joy considering they have only scored 3 goals for NCFC between them!

So, if he leaves, I would estimate that we would now need 2 - possibly 3 new strikers by the end of the window. This is when we are struggling to buy one!

I disagree that we should sell him for 5 million because, as we have found, 5 million doesn''t buy you much in the current transfer climate. I think we should hold out for at least 9 million - providing us with enough resources to invest properly in a replacement.

If we don''t sell him, then he should be told that he is fully expected to work his way back into the team and give 100%. It''s lose - lose for us if we get no cash and a striker wasting our time and money sitting in our youth team.

Totally agree with you yellow & green.No offer from Bournemouth has been acceptable. If Championship teams are asking £8-12m from Premiership clubs for their players, Bournemouth can double their last offer & also double their £1m add ons too.

Haha, just seen Alex Neil''s Pinkun interview quote:

“I don’t have any issue with any players. He might have an issue but I will quickly fix it”

Think Grabban has pissed off the wrong guy.

Lewis Grabban will find the manager & chief exec are not men you want to upset."

I''m not sure Mick Dennis would post this sort of direct statement without there being at least some semblance

of truth in it. Disappointed if so, but it just goes to show that we never really know what''s going on behind the scenes. 

I''ve always taken Grabban to be quite an easy-going, smiley kinda bloke. Perhaps it''s the case that- if rumours of

him wanting to go for a while are true- seeing Hooper potentially sanctioned a move away got his back up amongst

all this talk of finding a new forward.

Oh, the drama.

I''m a little shocked and horrified we''ve turned down over 5m for him, unless mcnally and co were sure they will come back with a better offer.but it''s an awkward situation to deal with. right now we can''t go back and take that 5m and say he''s all yours - it shows weakness and is not a precedent we want to set. But we can''t leave him to rot at the clubs moral either.I say if they come back with an improved offer of 6-7m+ aswell as that Mil addon it needs to be seriously considered, otherwise we''re going to have a player that is sent to train on his own, not play a minute of football, and we''re forced to pay for it all until his contract is up