Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Hooper loan

HOOPER SWOOP

Norwich will allow Gary Hooper to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan, according to the Daily Mirror.

The Canaries are keen to get Hooper off their wage bill and Wednesday are keen to get the deal done before the weekend.

We must have someone lined up who must be good if he''s replacing `hooper. Yes hooper can''t play on his own upfront, but he can finish really well.

Bit nervous about this one.

If this has legs and what with barn door Grabban staying we surely have got someone prolific lined up ?Not Murray i hope.

To get rid of Hooper, our best finisher for me and to potentially replace him with Murray or Walters and keep Grabban, worries me muchly!

I don''t see what we''re gaining out of this, I can only assume Hooper has asked to move.

Tactics from McNally. He may already have signed Mbokani or A?N.Other, but want to offload some of our benchwarmers first, before announcing, so that the potential buyer will not budge too much on the asking price. Clever...

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We must have someone lined up who must be good if he''s replacing `hooper. Yes hooper can''t play on his own upfront, but he can finish really well.

Bit nervous about this one.[/quote]
Playing devil''s advocate here (I don''t actually think this will happen) but if we struggled for goals, and let the ''best finisher'' at the club leave on loan without replacing him, the board and AN would look very silly indeed. If Hooper is off then I expect we will bring someone who is another level in imminently (eg someone of a level above Glenn Murray who is about the same level of player as Hoops, albeit a different type of player).

I agree with JJ. Hooper is our best finisher. Sure he can''t play up front on his own, but when we''re chasing games and go two up front he''s our best chance of a goal+he''s proved he can do it at this level in a poor team

Would prefer him on the pitch to Grabban any day!

Quite unbelievable turning down good money for Lewis Grabban and the letting the best striker at the club go .If we end up with Jerome, Murray and Grabban that must be a contender for worst Premiership strike force ever .

We really have no money.

I thought the idea was to get a striker in not let our next best one out, how is this strengthening.

Probably our most overrated player.

(I''m not saying he''s a bad player)

It''s mental that people think Hooper is "the best striker at our club".  And on the other hand, because he hasn''t failed since, oh, the season before last - and let me guess, that wasn''t his fault - nobody can prove he is in fact a Championship level chubber who scores the occasional wondergoal but can''t get in the box for a tap-in.
Hooper is not the best striker at our club, and I would pick Grabban ahead of him every day of the week as the second choice behind Jerome.

We have two forwards worse than Hooper and I would have Hooper over Grabbon and people must be mental not to see which is better. Grabbon played in the Champions League?

I would say he''s the best finisher at the club, but not the best striker. Either way, it would be folly to let him go without the promise of an equal-or-better replacement. I''d be confident that the squad will be better after the window closes than it is now; even though I rate Hooper, I can''t see that Neil would weaken the squad by letting players out without signing replacements. If we loan Hooper out and that''s our 25, with Lafferty and RVW in it, I would be concerned.

The issue with Hooper is that he is too lazy. AN wants forwards who will give him a proper shift. Lets face it, Hooper will never be the hard worker AN craves up front.

He will be off as he does not suit the system. Too small, too immobile, no system fit, and too often lazy. Shame, but true.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Can''t believe jaemae hasn''t appeared yet.[/quote]He''s kind of redundant now, because Bor does his job for him, but with a little more panache.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]It''s mental that people think Hooper is "the best striker at our club".  And on the other hand, because he hasn''t failed since, oh, the season before last - and let me guess, that wasn''t his fault - nobody can prove he is in fact a Championship level chubber who scores the occasional wondergoal but can''t get in the box for a tap-in.
Hooper is not the best striker at our club, and I would pick Grabban ahead of him every day of the week as the second choice behind Jerome.
[/quote]Hooper is the best striker on our books , strikers score goals Jerome and Grabban between them would not get close to Hooper if he got the game time they do . Go look at Grabbans history it screams lower Champs League 1 player , he will never even come close to making the grade in the top flight .He would not get a start in my team in league 1 , should of been sold to Bournemouth and clearly not a fans favourite .

Hooper should be 4 th choice for us so wouldn''t be sorry to see him go

Still rather see RVW go first tho

Amazing to me that posters are nervous about this, AN is the best judge of what he wants from his squad and who he can move on.

In Loans what  generally are the conditions for recalling a player say if we needed him back. I don''t have NA''s email address to ask our Loans manager.

Have any of you thought that maybe hooper wants to go out on loan? Alex Neil has said numerous times he only wants players that are 100% committed to the club

He sees hooper behind jerome and grabban so cannot give him first team football

The talk was of a season long loan with a 500k signing fee and his wages paid

no recall

as for Hooper he is ok but never delivers in the last premier league season he was awful

Grabben I like but needs some confidence and hey if the new jesus of football wants him he must be about to walk on water as well

expect Laffs to leave but.. he does give a target man option but is also a walking red card

RVW who knows expect him to go on loan again for the season but you never know

so in my mind that''s is two attacking players in on to cover Redmond/wes

and one to cover upfront/wes

Hes a poacher. Good in the six yard box. That just doesn''t work with one up front. Its not really the style of the modern game. We are not gonna play two up unless we are chasing a game. We barely did in the champ let alone the prem. Just look at how many midfielders we have.

Hooper being the best finisher is a bit of a myth. It''s like rvw movement, its become something people just say about a player. Hes not been prolific at all at norwich