Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Rotherham highlights

Mark Bunn having a terrible game for Villa:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9965721/capital-one-cup-round-up-preston-shock-watford-as-sunderland-hit-six-against-exeter

Thanks kick it. Rudd looked outstanding apart from that mistimed foray beyond the 18 yard box. Some fantastic saves, tho. Nice, comfortable goal by RVW. Was that he whose goal was ruled offside in the first half?

Just from watching the highlights it looked like Rotherham had plenty of chances and we got away with some lucky misses by them.... But great saves by Declan.... Good teams win ugly games.

Rudd, Wisdom, Vadis and Bassong all played very well last night. That list of players testament to how well Rotherham played. Johnson again looked off his game.

Thanks Kick it off.

Looked like an exciting game.

Good value for the travelling faithful, with a RVW goal thrown in.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Thanks kick it. Rudd looked outstanding apart from that mistimed foray beyond the 18 yard box. Some fantastic saves, tho. Nice, comfortable goal by RVW. Was that he whose goal was ruled offside in the first half?[/quote]
Yeah it was his goal disallowed in the first half.

[quote user="Yellow and Green Man"]I don''t think it was Rudd''s fault when he came out, Bassong really undercooked that backpass, and Rudd had to go for it.[/quote]Yeah, agree with that – he has to make a split-second call, and he knows the pass is intended for him so he''s bound to want to get there first. It''d take a very brave goalkeeper to back off and say ''come on then, beat me in a one-on-one''.

Rudd saved us last night , his was an outstanding performance and I would seriously consider him taking over from Ruddy this season if his good form continues.

What was more worrying was the shocking defending especially from Bassong who at times looked so relaxed as though at training match!

RVW showed what he can do but for me he really does not cause enough issues for the defence .

Considering the situation ie Grabbs doing a runner and wholesale changes even though AN said wouldnt be decent result , several players made case for place in team.

We really need to sort out defence from free kicks and corners was a shambles. Rotherham had free kick on halfway and our defence lined up on edge of pen box way too deep.

Alex Tettey is key to our defence and ONiell really no replacement