Sign in to follow this  
J108

Alex and co in Marseille

Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB wrote the following post at 24/08/2015 9:26 AM:

Given that AN is omni present it is quite feasible that he was in Marseille, over Wroxham and in the northbound BP garage at Thetford more or less at the same time.......

It''s been suggested he is three in one.

If (and it remains a big ''if''- so many silly rumours are started on here, although this does have mileage) this is true, then I doubt he''d be meeting with Loic Remy. Remy was on the bench at West Brom yesterday so I doubt everyone would fly to Marseille for a meeting.As for Batshuayi, I remember he was being linked with some bigger clubs than us a couple of years ago and has a decent reputation, although I''ve never seen him play and therefore won''t comment on his ability. Seems like a reasonable shout though.But Marseille have been totally pillaged this summer (Ayew, Gignac, Payet, Thauvin, Imbula) so would they want to lose another? Unless they''re having a Southampton-esque fire sale.

Michy is in the Lukaku/ Benteke mould of being a big powerful pacy striker. I would say we have no chance especially as he is rumoured to have turned down both Villa and Tottenham this summer and also other premier league clubs last summer. He would fit the profile of an Alex Neil striker. This would be a dream signing but a dream is all this will ever be.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Just goes to show... If at first you don''t succeed, troyes and troyes again.

Coat.[/quote]The correct French pronunciation is closer to ''tw@t''. Just sayin''. [:)]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]But Marseille have been totally pillaged this summer (Ayew, Gignac, Payet, Thauvin, Imbula) so would they want to lose another? Unless they''re having a Southampton-esque fire sale.[/quote]

Marseille have some big behind-the-scenes problems going on if rumours are to be believed... The guy backing them died a couple of years back, club is now run by his widow who allegedly isn''t willing to keep funding them at the top level. They had some debts to pay off, hence a lot of players out this summer and Marcelo Bielsa quit as coach after one game of the season citing ''disagreements with the board''... Wouldn''t be at all surprised to see another couple of their best players leave before the window closes.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Just goes to show... If at first you don''t succeed, troyes and troyes again.

Coat.[/quote]The correct French pronunciation is closer to ''tw@t''. Just sayin''. [:)][/quote]

Newton''s second team.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Just goes to show... If at first you don''t succeed, troyes and troyes again.

Coat.[/quote]The correct French pronunciation is closer to ''tw@t''. Just sayin''. [:)][/quote]

Newton''s second team.

Vids on the tube show Michy to be a very class dribbler, also can seem to do amazing tricks, but really dont think hes Alexs type of forward if you read some peoples comments on him. Seem hes a bit of a showboater and also very selfish to. One Standard Liege fan even said his selfish attitude cost Liege the title when Michy was with them. That is just opinions of course, plus IF Alex and Co were even watching the Marseilles game there was 22 players on the pitch..so guessing is a pointless random thing...but fun to anyway. I do like the look of Marseilles  Cameroon CB though...he looks classy.

Nkoulou is very much in the Neil mould – not the tallest, but quick, agile and strong. Would fit the system very well, and will know Bassong from international duty. I would imagine this is who they were watching – even with all the problems at Marseille, I think Batshuayi would be out of our price bracket. If they had to sell him on the cheap, I''d imagine bigger clubs would be interested. If we could somehow pull off a double deal, I would be elated!

Batshuayi may not have Lukaku or Benteke''s height but based on his youtube goals he certainly shows on a number of occasions the physical strength to match them. Hard to knock off the ball and able to bully defenders off balance. Would be delighted with a signing like this.

This story has now been reported at the end of this Mirror article "Norwich boss Neil made a scouting mission to watch Marseille''s win over Troyes on Sunday, but Afobe remains his No1 striker target."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-transfers-benik-afobe-given-6317771?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Been reported that Alex is now interested in Nicolas Nkoulou, would be great addition

[quote user="J108"]Been reported that Alex is now interested in Nicolas Nkoulou, would be great addition[/quote]Nice, I called that the other day! [:)]Played with Bassong at international level – fits Neil''s template of a centre-back nicely. Not the tallest, but quick, agile and strong. I thought at the time that signing Batshuayi would be a bit ambitious, so this makes sense.

Nkoulou, yet another player I suggested 2 years back along with Ogbonna (now at West Ham) and Timm Klose...[url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/2921613/ShowPost.aspx[/url]If it hadn''t have been for a couple of dodgy suggestions (mainly Isco, Ter Stegen and Nani) then I think I''d have got more credit for some great ideas [:(]

If Nkoulou was to come in, and for an international previously linked with Arsenal I think that is unlikely, who would he displace? Putting him with Seb is the obvious choice but that would push Russ out wide and the inform Whittaker onto the bench. Taking Seb out would also quite obviously be a bad idea. Although if one of our current CBs get injured or suspended though, we''re fu(ked.

Wasn''t Ogbonna hauled off before half time in that omni-shambles against Bournemouth at the weekend, Indy?

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Wasn''t Ogbonna hauled off before half time in that omni-shambles against Bournemouth at the weekend, Indy?[/quote]Just like John Terry was hauled off against Man City...I suppose he''s not good enough either?

[quote user="TheTetteyRole"]If Nkoulou was to come in, and for an international previously linked with Arsenal I think that is unlikely, who would he displace? Putting him with Seb is the obvious choice but that would push Russ out wide and the inform Whittaker onto the bench. Taking Seb out would also quite obviously be a bad idea. Although if one of our current CBs get injured or suspended though, we''re fu(ked.[/quote]
Russ Martin sees himself as a CB, so if we bring another in, then it''s competition for his spot, he doesn''t have a divine right to be in the team so don''t see why he would automatically replace Whitts. I''m no Whittaker fan, but on current form I wouldn''t see Whittaker displaced by Martin just because we bought a CB in. 

If we want to improve the squad we can''t afford to be sentimental. Russ and Bass have been performing well on the whole, and have the mobility to cover the full-backs when they push forward. However, neither of them are good enough that they can''t be improved on – if we can bring in someone as good or better, hopefully all three will up their game. A much better scenario than being endlessly loyal to those two or ending up playing Turner or Ryan.

[quote user="unique"]It looks like Indy is outperforming our scouting team by quite some distance......[/quote]

It''s not hard. Our scouting team is Tom Cavendish and he has spent the summer pouring over plans for a bicycle rank at the Broadland business park . . . . (oh and the UEA, Colney, Castle, and the Norwich Rugby Club).

[quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]5 managers see Russ as a centre back. He has played better than Bassong so far so it''s more likely competition for him than Russ.[/quote]
5 managers? Where have you got that from? Lambert signed him as a Right Back from Peterborough where he was playing Right Back. He then spent 4 and a half season playing Right Back for Norwich. He moved to CB last summer under Adams, which by my reckoning is 2 managers that see him as a Centre Back, and Alex Neil, despite being one of the two, is looking for another CB to come in, but clearly rates Bassong and brought him in from the abyss...