Sign in to follow this  
J108

Alex and co in Marseille

My brother who works at Marseille airport in France, can confirm to me that Alex Neil, McNally and co where arrived at Marseille earlier and are due back tonight at Norwich in fact if you look right now, you will see Marseille on the arrivals page of the website. Most of you won''t believe it but never mind, those who do I''d thought I''d share it for you

"n fact if you look right now, you will see Marseille on the arrivals page of the website. "

Can you direct us to the passenger list?

There is indeed a flight arriving from Marseille, with no flight number, which may indicate it is a private charter. However, that may or may not be connected to anything NCFC.

Bored so had a look - no doubt marseille (rather than today''s opponents who they stuffed 6-0 - hope we aren''t linked to one of their defenders!) have some decent players, a guy called Michy (Belgian international) scored a couple and has a decent looking record.

Agreed I can only say what I have been told, but I have not seen pictures so it maybe false, but I don''t believe my brother would lie. So I choose to believe it is true, we will see anyway, but I agree it is always hard to believe anything with firm evidence so I can understand people pessimism!

If true, and I''m incredibly dubious of the story, Marseille hit 6 past Troyes tonight.
The only players I would think we may be scouting from Marseille are N''Koulou (Cameroonian CB) or Batshauyi (Belgian Striker).
Both would be decent signings to be fair. Batshuayi is only 21 but has a cracking record. Scored almost 1 in 2 (90+ games) for Standard Liege, and is pretty close to the same record in 26 games for Marseille (11 goals). Also scored 7 in 13 for Belgium U21 and has 1 goal in 1 app for the senior team.
Can''t imagine we are interested in anyone from Troyes except maybe Jimmy Cabot. Bienvenu is their main striker, but I have watched him a lot (I follow Fenerbahce as a second team as I lived in Turkey) and he is nowhere near good enough for the Prem.

Kick it off - the guy Michy that I mentioned is the striker you picked up on, has a rather decent record so could be him. Not that I believe it more than any other link, but kind of fits with AN saying English (based) players being too steep, the link with Destro and us (apparently) getting knocked back on Afobe et al.

Seems plausible to me. Game kicked off at 8, say they left 15 mins early as managers often do then they left the stadium at half 9. According to flightradar it left a small airfield 30 mins away from the ground, say they got on the plane at 10, 2 hour flight back arriving to Norwich around midnight. They''re currently over Wroxham. Flightradar says its a leerjet 60 currently on hire.

I believe it, how many other Norfolk locals are flying into the airport from marseille on privately hired jets at midnight?

It''s a pretty elaborate well constructed lie if trolling, inclined to believe its at least plausible, its going to be a busy week.

J108 wrote: "it is always hard to believe anything without firm evidence so I can understand people pessimism!"

Wrong! There''s no shortage of evidence on this board that it isn''t hard at all .......

A saxonair flight also left the airport this morning for Naples!

Source: if you search Google for Norwich Spotters, a Yahoo group comes up called Norwich Spotters and they post daily aircraft movements for the airport, it also further proves that there was a flight to and back from Marseille yesterday!

How many Alex Neil''s are there? Does he have a twin brother or just an army of ''lookielikeys'' to fool the media/gullible?

Perhaps he has an army of doppelgangers just to throw everyone off the scent??? [;)] I''m sure he''ll be sending one down to ASDA soon to get his Irn Bru...

Apples

Could it be to meet Loic Remy and agent. Surplus to requirements at Chelsea. Played for an possibly has a base in Marseille.

Fits AN''s profile and has been rumours on Football Rumours website ( not the greatest I know )

Even a season long loan I''d be happy with ?