Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Virgil van Dijk wants out

"Celtic is an amazing club and I''m very thankful for everything,"

said the 24-year-old following the 4-3 aggregate defeat by the Swedes.

"But if the right opportunity comes then I''ll consider it."

"It''s a terrible way [to go] if it ends like this but I have a lot of great memories at the club,"

No messing AN, get in there. Hooper + £5m

Centre back is needed, so green light has been given to many clubs.

Everton looking at many other centre halves, Southampton again I think have shown interest in a few.

But VVD looks a more than capable player to bring in and compete for that spot alongside bassong. Although Martin is our goal scoring machine we need quality in this position.

If Hooper is reportedly off to Wednesday, then I would assume that AN has moved on. Would Hooper want to go back?

Yeah, Southampton have been linked with 3 or 4 as far as I can remember-perhaps if we beat them on Sunday we can persuade one of those players to choose us instead.

I would be surprised if VVD''s agent hasn''t done the groundwork for his next move. If we were interested, I''d imagine we''ve already tested the water and been informed that he doesn''t wish to join us. Celtic were always resigned to losing him, even if they had qualified for the CL, so I''d imagine they''ve already been trying to broker the best deal for player and club. If that turns out to be us, I would be astonished and delighted.

if we are willing to pay big money wages we will get big players, the reality is we have to better whatever other teams are prepared to offer him.southampton are in the europa league, same as celtic, who he doesnt want to play for them now they dont have champions league football, and he isnt going to get in the champions league with either everton or southampton, so its really down to money. None of the clubs rumored to be in for him are likely to be winning anything this seasongiven the tv money next season its well worth taking that risk, he wont be difficult to sell if we get relegated

We will not be able to compete with Southampton neither a financial or stature level. Anyone who thinks otherwise is unfortunately deluded.
Our only hope is Southampton aren''t too interested in him, which doesn''t seem to be the case.

VVD was very poor yesterday. He played as if his legs were made of glass.

Almost like a deal was struck with a new team, and he was afraid of getting injured. Which may also be the case.

For me, not worth 10 mill based on the games I have seen him play. Dominant in Scotland, yes, but has not impressed in either of the European games Celtic have played.

The price is inflated by at least 4 mill, so 5-6 mill is his true worth. However, fair pricing will not give you players in this stinking market, so if we want him, we have to pay the going rate, as Bournemouth have found out regarding Grabban...

I think he is off to Soton. Koeman being Dutch will help...

Don''t really rate him. Haven''t seen too much of him but he''s playing in the SPL, the level of about League 1/2 and Celtic concede bucket loads whenever they play in Europe. Malmo are good but not world beaters, their best player is Rosenberg who played for West Brom recently and was dreadful.

Sky gave a list of eight clubs and the odds for which one VvD would be playing for come September 1st.

Norwich wasn''t amongst them.