Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Charlie wyett

Has tweeted that we''re looking at getting a cf in from the French league to replace hooper when he goes on loan to sheff wed. No names mentioned though.

"Norwich striker Gary Hooper set to sign on loan for Sheffield Wednesday. A real shame as he has bags of talent but needs to work harder"

That''s all he says... Nothing about getting a CF from the French leagues.....

He said it as a reply to somebody commenting on that.

If it was a Marseille player, like the rumour from the other night would suggest, it could be Michy Batshuayi.

diego rolan perhaps? I remember Newcastle being interested last week or the week before. He also doesn''t play for the big french teams like the other top strikers.

William Yedder who either plays for Toulouse or Bordeux would be good too (If I''ve got his name right)

Personally I don''t like the french league(s) but they could do a job.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]He said it as a reply to somebody commenting on that.

If it was a Marseille player, like the rumour from the other night would suggest, it could be Michy Batshuayi.[/quote]
Now this is interesting given the rumour that the whole crew went on a jolly to the Marseille game. If that is true, and we''re looking to sign a forward from Ligue 1 it could only really be Batshuayi, Now THAT would be a signing to get excited about! Kid is a star in the making.

[quote user="Yellow and Green"]"Norwich striker Gary Hooper set to sign on loan for Sheffield Wednesday. A real shame as he has bags of talent but needs to work harder"

That''s all he says... Nothing about getting a CF from the French leagues.....[/quote]
Click "Tweest and Replies" button.....
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2oWMb9l.png[/img]

@KerianShikari: Sorry, I missed that - fair play to you and the OP!

Having now read all of the comments, he seems very confident about Hooper leaving (not surprising, considering it is so widely reported), however he is inconsistent with his answers, extremely vague and seemingly unsure about AN wanting someone from the French league....

I''m happy to be proved wrong but I have a feeling that he has no idea what he is talking about!

I refuse to believe we are letting hooper out without a concrete plan for a replacement... Even before Grabban decided he didn''t like the menu at travelodge Rotherham!

I''m sure we will be getting all,the ducks in a row, the problem is getting all the ducks to stay in the pond!

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]That Nkoulou rumour comes from today''s Sun, which is more likely than the idea of team-mate Michy Batshuayi joining us.[/quote]
I''d be delighted with either. N''koulou is similar to Bassong, but a bit quicker (and shorter). Likes to play the ball on the deck, generally keeps things simple with his passing, reads the game well, and has a great sense of timing on his tackles.

Nkoulou would be a great signing if we can pull that off. Michy Batshuayi (pronounced Bat-Shoe-Eye) however would be on another level altogether. This kid is the real deal and we would probably end up selling him on for a fortune eg. Bony at Swansea (who Batshuayi is in the mould of)

Although its probably just a rumour, this would be a signing worth waiting for. No harm in having our head in the clouds for the time being.