Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Has Player Power gone too far?

Grabban can storm out (allegedly) and what are our options?

A) fine him and keep him, though he can no longer be a part of the team for obvious reasons (the home crowd being a good reason in itself)

B) sell him, but now bids may be lower as we will get no value from him on the pitch

C) sack him, and lose a valuable asset in terms of transfer income

No good option for the club here. Players seem to be able to call all the shots.

Simple answer is yes.

As much as we would all love AN to fine he loads of money and stick him in the U21''s all season, at the end of the day he''s a financial asset and we don''t have millions and millions lying around to do that.

He will get his way and move to Bournemouth, I just hope we get good money for him and they hit his pocket nice and hard with a hefty fine before he goes.

As you said, he can''t stay if it''s all true.

He''ll have already been fined I''m sure today.

We have a valuation of him, probably somewhere between £6.5m-£8m. If they don''t match it then they (Bournemouth) don''t get the player. It''s as simple as that. It''s the same situation more or less that we had with Wes in many ways. If they don''t match the valuation and he stays, he''s still a valuable member of the squad, it doesn''t matter if sections of the crowd have turned on him - a few goals and they won''t care. Thats the nature of football fans.

I will add another option to your three.

D) Alex Neil has a word gives his ego a massage and Lewis comes back fighting for a place. Nothing like a few good performances to win the fans back.

Has happened before and can again. Look at Bassong a few fans still don''t like him but it he has turned it around. Remember Tevez and his golfing holiday in Argentina? He came back for City and I remember his cheeky goal swing celebration in front of the Barclay.

Football is a funny old game and when the dust has settled it can change very quickly. Fans can be very forgiving when someone does the business on the pitch. I remember Ronaldo and his winking when Rooney got sent off. Everyone said he could never play with him again. A few months later and back to normal.

Good question, I couldn''t see an option last night but to let him go to Bournemouth and I still can''t see one.

Yes we will fine him, squeez his balls very hard but I just can''t see a way back for him with AN, with the other members of the squad or with the fans.

He is going to find it hard in this league playing with 100% commitment, if that drops then he will find it impossible.

He will win IMO and it''s very sad.

Sad day, when this happens, been in the premier league 5 minutes and his Ego is he can act as he likes. I would love to see him banished to the U21''s (they don''t deserve his attitude, if all we here is accurate)and his value will only diminish and he will struggle to get a club, sad fact is we cant afford to do anything other than hold for out as much money as we can and then let him run off to Bournemouth, still we might see him play at CR in a couple of weeks.

I think that we should fine him and instruct him to start acting in a more professional manner for as long as we are paying his wages - giving 100% on and off the pitch. Hopefully, in the meantime, we can get the best possible price for him ASAP in order for us to get a replacement in.

There is no use in LG sitting in our youth team. It''s not productive at all.

This is a perfect situation for Bournemouth and I am suspicious as to what involvement they have had in all of this. I say that because no player in their right mind would act like LG did yesterday without some outside influence.

They have manufactured a situation where they either a) Get their transfer target - possibly cheaper than before, or b) Leaving their league rivals with an unsettled, possibly disruptive player.

Can anyone clear up whether Grabban''s behaviour was a result of being left on the bench, or having another Bournemouth approach knocked back?

I would have personally thought the latter, as you generally don''t play your best players in the Carling cup, and i doubt he was itching to play against Rotherham.

It all seems so over the top.  Publicly making a scene surely just makes things harder for both the club and the player to resolve. 

[quote user="Joller"]Can anyone clear up whether Grabban''s behaviour was a result of being left on the bench, or having another Bournemouth approach knocked back?[/quote]I''d almost certainly agree that it was the latter, but the former gave him the perfect excuse to kick off and try to strengthen the reason why we''d agree to sell to Bmouth.Frankly I couldn''t care less if we sold him now for anywhere between 6-8mil as I think he''s Champs level at best, and this outburst and shocking lack of professionalism is yet another reason why he shouldn''t be anywhere near our club at this level...