Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Canary

Declan Rudd

Thought he deserved a thread of his own after tonight. An amazing performance and really did keep us in the game. Seemed like he had a bit of a jack butland tonight. I do wonder if this will pick ruddy s form up now. Not saying he has been poor at all but that performance can only help ruddy perform better. I''m sure that if given the chance in the league, Rudd would not let us down. Very good goalkeeper

Made one or two errors (that one where he came out and the striker nicked it round him and then put it over being the major one) but overall he was excellent. Made some heroic saves, commanded his area and distributed the ball well. Was very impressed.

He is our future. He is no longer a youngster . I fear with his ability his desire for first team action may see him leave. Given that most people here think Ruddy is not the man he was, Rudd must be given his chance. Use him or lose him!!

[quote user="kick it off"]Made one or two errors (that one where he came out and the striker nicked it round him and then put it over being the major one) but overall he was excellent. Made some heroic saves, commanded his area and distributed the ball well. Was very impressed.[/quote]

Wasn''t that from a very poor back pass from Wisdom? If so, I''d say he did his best to get to the ball first only for the ball to unkindly fall to the striker.

MOM last night for me, would have probably lost the game without his performance, was let down though by some rather shocking defending at times.

Excellent to hear he had a good game. I don''t think many doubt his quality but it can''t be easy to be wheeled out for the odd competitive game and put in a top performance.

Just shows how good he is and will put a bit of pressure in Ruddy to up his game, win win.

I would have taken the Ruddy money from Chelsea and given him his chance to be honest.

Was excellent last night, yes made a mistake and his kicking at times was little poor but shot stopping and commanding his area - top notch

I don''t think there has been much doubt that Rudd is an excellent goalkeeper - but last night proved beyond any measure that he is right up there and knocking on the door of the first team for a premier league start.   However, this is a good thing for Ruddy, as this should spur him on to play at his best - because he knows he has to do that to stay in the team - just like the outfield players do. 

We are lucky to have two such good goalkeepers on our books.

[quote user="lharman7"]Wasn''t that from a very poor back pass from Wisdom? If so, I''d say he did his best to get to the ball first only for the ball to unkindly fall to the striker.[/quote]
having seen the highlights again, I think it was from Bassong, but yes, Rudd isn''t to be held accountable for that, the pass was far worse than it looked in the ground.

A Butland like performance, especially the one at full stretch when he managed to tip the ball round his left post.

Whether, like Butland, it was one of his best performances, I don''t know, but he made five or six splendid saves. Ruddy somehow doesn''t seem the keeper he was, and seems slower and less agile than the slim Rudd.

I can see why the club let Bunn go and kept Rudd. On last night''s showing if Ruddy was injured or otherwise not available, I would full confidence in Rudd.

Proved himself with a season at Preston and really too good a keeper just to sit on the bench.Needs to play, perhaps short term loans are the way, would not want him to become disenchanted and push for a permanent move.The U21`s league has its advantages for young players  but the loss of reserve sides effects over age players in equal and opposite measures

As I said to someone on Twitter last night, you can go back to 2008-09 sort of time and see Rudd on the bench on many match reports. Over 6 years later and he is still our back up and as has been said, is not "a youngster" anymore and probably needs first team football.

Although if he is frustrated by lack of opportunities, he certainly doesn''t show it and always performs well when called upon.