Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Post Rotherham - Who is in and who is out

AN rang the changes last night to give some players a chance and rest some of the key players who have done well.

Senior players who havent been on the bench or played yet:

Turner

Lafferty (ok he has had some injuries)

Players who havent featured much:

Elliott Bennett

Tony Andreu

Gary Hooper

AWOL:

Grabban - has been discussed a lot. I would happily lose him.

For Turner and Lafferty, I assume both are as good as gone.

Bennett and Andreu. Its not positive, they got a few mins at the end of the game, but Dorrans and Howson both got the nod over them. Dont seem in favour.

Hooper - transfer speculation and not being on the bench last night suggests he is out. Hasnt seen action.

AWOL; has been discussed to death and dont think anyone will cry if we get 6-7m for a back up forward.

Overall I sense Bennett stays around, but that it doesnt look rosy for the rest (if we get offers). Would happily lose most (Grabban and Hooper take the cash and sign Austin....). 3 Strikers would then be RVW, Jerome and NEW forward.

Everyone else seems to be in a good place and we have competition, assuming 1 forward and 1 centre back arrive.

You didn''t mention VOO from last night, thought he had a good game, close to my MOTM, so would be happy to see him stay and compete. I agree that hooper and turner are as good as gone. Bennett and Andreu I can see going out on loan to get game time. Lafferty is a strange one but maybe we might need him to stick around because of the grabban situation

Although Laffs has been injured, he''s said he is fit now and could''ve played last night but was not selected - a dig at the manager no doubt via tw@tter