Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

At Least two new forwards

With all the revelations tonight regarding Grabban and Hooper looking certain to join Sheffield Wednesday, our strike force as of tomorrow will consist of Jerome and RVW who is surely staying now.

We always knew we would get at least one forward through the door with all the bids and rumours flying around but after tonight its pretty nailed on that two will be in before the window closes.

5.5M in the bank and around 50-60k off the wage bill we can pretty much sign whoever AN wants, every cloud!

OTBC

As I bid has been accepted the club doesn''t have any extra money in the bank nor any saving in wages. I agree that we probably now need two more forwards but to do this at this stage of the window is going to be both difficult and costly.

Well i would not count on Afobe being one of them as Kenny Jackett said Benik is a Wolves player now and will be a Wolves player when the window shuts . You just know we will end up with Murray and Gayle .

Pretty nailed that two will be gone by transfer deadline day...oh really?..there has been weeks and weeks of speculation regarding Mr. Hooper and Mr. Grabban but as of this time they are still City forwards and until anything is made official from the club  nothing changes, we have Cam, Ricky, Kyle, Lewis and Gary...that is 5 i believe.Im pretty much past caring about rumours of comings and goings, lets just wait for anything official happening maybe?..OTBC.

Yeah really!

Grabban goes AWOL, Hooper doesn''t even make the bench for a game against Rotherham and Lafferty only plays for Northern Ireland!

We only have two viable options up front without a doubt we are going to make signings.

I think its the elephant in the room as to why Grabban has thrown his toys out of the pram, 4th choice at Norwich or 2nd choice at his beloved Bournmouth.

Gayle may not be the most showy striker we have been linked with but he wants to come and prove himself, CP want to sell and he has a good goal record. Him and Nkoulou would be great additions.

I''m not so sure we have two viable options, really its only Jerome. RVW had suddenly gone from 4th choice to 2nd, if Hooper and Grabban go we need two in.

Grabban was our 2nd choice striker until he got shirty. Hes surely using the bench thing last night as an excuse to push through a move to Bournemouth. It made sense to leave him on the bench last night as we may have needed him on Sunday.

Also lets not forget AN is a massiva fan of Grabban, he favoured him last season until his injury and the suspension. And after the summer break and the whole of pre season he saw him as first choice for the Palace game.

I find this all to be a bit shocking really. In this day and age, for a player to throw a strop, it makes him look a real big time Charlie.

It''s also quite sad as he isn''t a bad player and I quite rate him. Clearly he feels that he enjoyed his time in Bournemouth a tad more than he did the last season with us.

To be honest, I thought it a bit odd last season when he was interviewed a few games into AN''s appointment and said that he was enjoying it under the new manager as he hadn''t been given a chance under Neil Adam''s.

I thought then that there was something a bit odd considering he had played the majority of games until he became injured and then was unable to fight past the form of Jerome, until he became injured.

It''s a funny one. He''s got to be worth at least £7-8million. That seems to be the going price at the very least, for strikers who are capable of scoring 20+ goals in the championship.

Thank god for that, I thought I was the only person who thought cashing in on Grabban and using the cash to part pay for Gayle was a good idea.

Gayle has been described as the best natural finisher that Pardew has ever worked with and we can''t say the same for Grabban.

There are similarities to the way in which Jerome plays but Gayle would be a great addition and get his fair share of goals for us.

I also think that getting Murray along to would be good business, when we played Palace he changed the game for them, we were in control and we had the wide players under control as they were trying to play through the middle, Pardew changed their approach to knocking it long for Murray which meant our full backs had to tuck inside more, therefore giving their wide players more space to attack, which they didn''t have until they changed their approach.

If we want a big striker to take the pressure off and change our approach, he''d do that for us and is different to the rest of our forward line.

If Andre Gray is worth 9m than Grabban has to be in the same ballpark.

For Grabban to say he wasn''t given a chance was a joke he was the championships top scorer after about the first 6 games then got injured and decide punching people was a good attribute to bring to his game.

Jerome was by far the more effective player and Lewis didn''t like it.

Like someone else said massive ego for an average forward, I blame Rooney and Jean-Marc Bosman no respect or loyalty in society anymore

I too agree that if we can get around £7m for Grabban, Gayle would be an upgrade. That should still leave something in the pot for another Jerome type.

Credit where credit is due......there aren''t many businesses you can take 3m and turn it into 6-7m in 12 months on a single commodity.

McNally makes it look easy!

Exactly, if we can get £6-7m then it''s a brilliant piece of business, plus we''d be shot of a bad egg.

Would nice to be in a position to not have to sell him and stick him in the U21 or better still farm him out on loan to some championship side.

Unfortunately £6-7m is to much to turn down just to be spiteful....

This will go through though I''m sure of it, can''t see AN wanting him so will let his agent know exactly what we expect fro Bournemouth in terms of a deal and leave his agent to sort it from there.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Pretty nailed that two will be gone by transfer deadline day...oh really?..there has been weeks and weeks of speculation regarding Mr. Hooper and Mr. Grabban but as of this time they are still City forwards and until anything is made official from the club  nothing changes, we have Cam, Ricky, Kyle, Lewis and Gary...that is 5 i believe.Im pretty much past caring about rumours of comings and goings, lets just wait for anything official happening maybe?..OTBC.[/quote]

One down, one to go......