Sign in to follow this  
Indy

On a different topic.......MaGeehan!

Just watched a fantastic evening performance by MaGeehan, we might well regret selling instead of loaning!

Good luck to the lad, looks a class player, hope he comes good on his potential.

I really like him and glad to see him doing well. Wasn''t it his decision to leave though? Pretty sure Norwich would have kept him if he''d wanted to stay and be loaned out, got to respect him for wanting to take charge of his career.

Wasn''t his decision to move, the club accepted an offer from Cambridge however as they we were preapred to sell him his preference was to go back to Luton, they made an increased offer which was accepted. For what it is worth I would have kept him here over some of the others, Grandles, Thompson, Andreu, we have signed

Got to agree with the OP on this. Last night was enough to suggest that McGeehan already looks capable of playing in the Championship, hence he was well worth holding on to.We ought to be looking to buy this sort of player to loan out, not loaning out one we already have and selling them prematurely. It looks like a book balancing decision rather than a footballing one, totally daft.

He was superb last night - solid player with a great attitude. Really chuffed because about 30 minutes ago he connected with me on a well-known business network site. Smart thinker...

Good luck to him. I think it was the right decision for everyone, he strikes me as the sort to want to be part of something and not just a loanee. Luton might well develop him as a player over the next few years and he could well climb back up the league, but I think if he had stayed with us it would have stunted his development.

We always get carried away when youngsters leave and seem to do well.

Good luck to Cameron McGeehan, I hope he does well for himself.

But was he coming back from injury as he sat on the bench for the first 60 minutes and if he has not been injured, and doing as well as I seem to be reading here, I would have thought he would have been starting the match.