Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

A week until closing time. Would you be happy with this?

with one week less, it''s looking like we''re raring to go on wrapping up everything.

lets play a speculation scenario and see how people feel about it

Hooper > loan out

Grabban > Sold for 6m+ (assuming bournemouth come back with an improved offer, and basing it off of the last one, would be at least 6m)

Afobe > in for 14m

Nkoulou > in for undisclosed fee

one more loanee coming in (striker or competition for hoolahan)

I for one would be happy with our options up top consisting of Jerome, Afobe, RVW, and Lafferty

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]with one week less, it''s looking like we''re raring to go on wrapping up everything.

lets play a speculation scenario and see how people feel about it

Hooper > loan out

Grabban > Sold for 6m+ (assuming bournemouth come back with an improved offer, and basing it off of the last one, would be at least 6m)

Afobe > in for 14m

Nkoulou > in for undisclosed fee

one more loanee coming in (striker or competition for hoolahan)

I for one would be happy with our options up top consisting of Jerome, Afobe, RVW, and Lafferty[/quote]
I''d take it. We''d be a bit light up top but rather have one quality signing there than 2 bang average ones (which is what 7mill will buy you in this market).

If that player being loaned in is alex Pritchard, which has been suggested, we''d be very very strong

Aslong as we get at least 1 striker and Grabban hopefully goes. I would be happy. Afobe or Gayle and that''s not bad business.

Largely happy but would be a bit concerned that two strikers have gone and only one in.

Couple of suspensions or injuries and we''re back with RVW leading the line. That worries me. A tidy finish from six yards against a Championship defense has not transformed him onto a Premiership striker I''m afraid.

Speculation scenario has been playing for weeks already...but anyway.. i would be happy if Alex is happy.Afobe will not be coming here, and chance Grabban and Hooper will still be here despite all the rumours. I believe if forced to get a forward  and  defender in before deadline we will end up with guys like Collins from West Ham and Jelavic at Hull..but Alex may end up going with what we have now...he has said hes not overly concerned.

I live speculation.

The ideal situation imo is:

Jerome Mbokani Afobe Hooper as the strikers, however unrealistic

In

Nkalou (£8-10m)

Pritchard (loan)

Afobe (£13m)

Mbokani (£5.5m)

= £27m + players already bought (Dorrans £3m, Brady £7m, Wisdom loan, Mulumbu free) = £10m (and a bit more for loan fees, sign up fee for Mulumbu and wages of course)

Out

Laffs (900k)

RVW (£2m) ...I don''t know who''s going to pay £2m for him tbf

Grabban (£7m)

Turner (500k)

=£10m

So altogether about £27m. Looks good to me

Sjs can you phone mcnally and tell him to stop wasting his time with wolves, even though theyve said theyll sell afobe for £14m (which probably means £12m). As quite clearly youre itk and could get collins and jelavic in for the weekend.

Ps if youd told everyone this before we could have saved ourselves chartering the plane to marseille

Ive posted this elsewhere already but...this so called 14 mill is a myth..it was a figure mentioned by 1 journo from the Daily Mirror...Wolves have never, ever quoted 14 mill or any sell price connected with Afobe..its likely they would not accept anything under 20..no one has to be ITK to understand that.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Ive posted this elsewhere already but...this so called 14 mill is a myth..it was a figure mentioned by 1 journo from the Daily Mirror...Wolves have never, ever quoted 14 mill or any sell price connected with Afobe..its likely they would not accept anything under 20..no one has to be ITK to understand that.[/quote]
So you''re dismissing the 14mill figure from a journo, but have made up your own and are toutig it as "likely" with no basis whatsoever. Wolves may not have publically said 14mill, but can you give us a 100% assurance that no-one from Wolves may have privately said that to a journo? Unless you own a heck of a lot of private and illegal CCTV cameras, and phone bugging devices you cannot assert that.
Given the value of our bids, and the fact we keep bidding, and the fact we keep bidding in 2mill increments, and the journo may have heard a whisper (equally may not, but surely much better chances of that than you having heard one), I find it infinitely more likely that the 14mill is more accurate. McNally is not an idiot, if Afobe was absolutely not for sale at any price, he would stop bidding. If the price was 20mill as you assert, then McNally wouldn''t be wasting his time bidding 10 would he?

Apparently WBA have turned down £22m for Berahino.
In this kind of market, I have no idea what any player is worth any more, but assume the starting price for a striker of any pedigree at all is £12m.

Im just speculating..as this is what this post is about..but i have at least been  looking at the Molineux Mix forums...and seen the official responses from the club...ofc i dont know..is why i said "likely"..but if you put more regard and belief into what 1 solitary journo wrote than what the official Wolves response is...then go ahead.Theyve turned down 3 bids already...the latest of 10 mill...which is already 500% higher than Wolves paid just 8 months ago..my point is how much further will City bid?..all these last few weeks speculation has been about Destro, Austin, Afobe others...all who would command big fees...yet here we are a few days to go and no one has come in or gone out for weeks...i merely said  we may go with what we have...which Alex said is no great concern..but "if forced" to buy...it may have to be players  with less high price...like Collins and Jelavic.

I''m still holding out hope for Mbokani. Anderlect (pretty sure I botched that spelling) and Kiev played a friendly last night, and Mbokani was not in the squad. Of course if you all remember there was some dispute between Anderlect and Kiev earlier this summer over payments to Anderlect not being made or completed for the transfer of mbokani. So hoping maybe they sorted that last night.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Im just speculating..as this is what this post is about..but i have at least been  looking at the Molineux Mix forums...and seen the official responses from the club...ofc i dont know..is why i said "likely"..but if you put more regard and belief into what 1 solitary journo wrote than what the official Wolves response is...then go ahead.Theyve turned down 3 bids already...the latest of 10 mill...which is already 500% higher than Wolves paid just 8 months ago..my point is how much further will City bid?..all these last few weeks speculation has been about Destro, Austin, Afobe others...all who would command big fees...yet here we are a few days to go and no one has come in or gone out for weeks...i merely said  we may go with what we have...which Alex said is no great concern..but "if forced" to buy...it may have to be players  with less high price...like Collins and Jelavic.

[/quote]
I''m not saying I do believe the journo, I''m saying it seems far more likely given the fact that I trust McNally is not an idiot and wouldn''t waste his time bidding unless he thought there was a significant likelihood he can get the deal done. The official Wolves response means absolutely nothing if Afobe puts a transfer request in, so they will obviously have a price in mind and a contingency plane in case the player tries to force a move. 
Destro went for 4.5million. Hardly bank breaking. In fact the only "big fee" players we''ve been linked with are Afobe and Austin. Jelavic might be relatively inexpensive in terms of fee, but is on £65k per week at Hull reportedly. Would we really sign him as our biggest earner by a considerable margin? I don''t think so somehow.

T was asked what basis did i have for saying likely Afobe would not be sold for under 20 mill...its simple..Kenny Jackett has said after each Norwich bid that Afobe is not for sale..and that come end of transfer window he will still be a Wolves player, That is the Wolves manager...3 times  saying the same thing. I like to go with whats said officially. Anything else is pure conjecture and meaningless until its changed. If most people would rather think that Afobe is worth 14 mill...a report from some guy in the Mirror..fine but im simply sticking with the official words of their manager.Afobe also said last night at the Wolves v Barnet game hes not leaving Wolves.

But you''re not sticking with the word of their manager, you''re saying their manager would sell for 20 million, a figure you have plucked out thin air, when he is saying he won''t sell at all. I''ve never said I believe the journo, what I said, was that on the basis of reading between the lines of what is going on, 14mill is a far more likely figure than 20 mill for their selling price, if indeed they do sell. Maybe conjecture but at least there is logic applied to it, as opposed to the 20mill figure you have made up (which when Austin is going for 15mill is ridiculous)

Fabian Delph also said he wasn''t leaving Aston Villa and was staying on for the season. Aston Villa even put out a club statement as well (sound familiar?). Delph then left for Man City in the following days.

Fabian Delph''s transfer represents a superb example of Ralph Waldo Emerson''s quote: ''What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.''

Words are cheap aren''t they? Especially in football...

First this has shifted somewhat away from Redders OP so sorry for that. I have never said  anywhere that Wolves would sell Afobe for 20 mill as you are suggesting i  have said. I said i was basing my opinions on the statement from the Wolves manager who categorically says that Afobe will be at Wolves come end of deadline..so if the guy is not for sale...then he will not be sold for under 20 mill...is that so hard to understand?I could have said under 50 mill...but i plumped for 20. to me not for sale means not for sale...despite some mirror journo saying 14 mill is Wolves valuation.