Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Flemmo - key player

[quote]Well said - I am glad that I started this thread as it shows that there are a lot of balanced views out there as well as the Flemmo is the devil incarnate and Shacks is God, brigade. Don''t get me wro...[/quote]

Dicky, you have said it all there - YOU started the thread.   Now you are getting upset because YOU don''t agree with peoples opinions.

This is not a we hate Flemming bandwagon.   You started a thread talking about his worth to the squad.   People have quite rightly stated lots of pros and cons as you invited them to do.  Instead of bitching about it, you should be happy people have replied to your post and made this a very interesting thread full of opinions.

For what it is worth I think Flemming has played out his days as a Norwich regular and Worthy should get Doc and Shacks paired up and working together quickly.   Flemming did make lots of mistakes last season and was far too quick to blame everyone else.  It is clear from the way he handled himself on the pitch that he was not a natural leader.    None of this means that I blame him for our relegation, nor does it distract from his service to the club in seasons prior to that.

Statements about Helveg being worse are laughable.   As someone else said he only played 8/9 games in his preferred position, do you think that is long enough to settle into a new team in a completely foreign league?    Of course it isn''t.   Helveg is captian of his national side and is a well respected defender world wide, he just needed more time and he never played any worse than Flemming or Eddy anyway which tells me that if he had longer in the yellow shirt he would have been great for us.

[quote]Dicky, you have said it all there - YOU started the thread. Now you are getting upset because YOU don''t agree with peoples opinions. This is not a we hate Flemming bandwagon. You started a thread...[/quote]

Feel better now with that little rant?

When exactly did I get upset?

And for the record, I did not comment on whether Flemmo is a better defender than Helveg - if you read it correctly you will see that I would rather have a loyal player at the club, who gives his all, who has played extremely well over time, than a mercenary like Helveg who is off at the first opportunity.  As for being the captain of a tinpot national side, and?

flem is important at the training ground... not in the first 11 or on the bench

all these posters refer to a few jumping on the band wagon seem to forget that are defence has never looked that good in the last two or three years... yes the championship season our defence was solid at not letting goals in... but it was woeful before hux came here and we did survive on a knifes edge... as we sat so deep... which we can''t do

if flem is in the team you sit deep as he can''t cope with modern forwards pace and movement... last season he underminded shackell when moving up the field... you can''t break a partnership half way thro the season

shackell and doc please... let them build a partnership

i have always said that after the play-off final game we needed centre backs as age was catching up and our style of defending is terrible and brings on too much pressure... hence that meant a move to slowly move flem and malky out of the first team... malky has already gone and not even playing at w.ham and for flem he should be in the reserves giving the young guys some advice and be integral on the training ground he isn''t good enough

flem''s contract is up at the end of the season i don''t expect to see him... or it will be a one year extension

[quote]Feel better now with that little rant? When exactly did I get upset? And for the record, I did not comment on whether Flemmo is a better defender than Helveg - if you read it correctly you will see ...[/quote]

I was only referring to you bringing up the bandwagon, the one that you started rolling.

Rant, no.   How was I ranting?   It''s okay for you to write down your opinion, but when I do it I am ranting right?   Just so I know the new rules.

The Helveg stuff wasn''t directed at you, I never mentioned you during that paragraph.  Seperate paragraph, new subject matter.   Had you read my post properly you would have noticed the congratulations on starting a good debate.

Tish, I don''t know, some people just don''t know how to have a civiliased debate do they.

Right - that''s it.

Captain of a "Tinpot" national side?  Denmark are a very good national side, that''s if you watched Euro 2004, and Helveg is an excellent player who has accomplished a lot in domestic and international football for a good reason.

If I had been played 9 times in my rightful position, and had Marc Edworthy as first choice, AND my club got relegated to the 2nd Division, AND I had the chance to join one of Germany''s most historical and prestigious clubs I would be off at the first opportunity too.

It''s all very well having players who would "die" for the shirt, but if they cost us goals, and therefore points, I would rather have a good defender.

And as for Fleming playing well "over time", what about the last twelve months?? Name me one game in which Fleming excelled, because I''m pretty sure I can name a game in which ALL of our other players did.

[quote]I was only referring to you bringing up the bandwagon, the one that you started rolling. Rant, no. How was I ranting? It''s okay for you to write down your opinion, but when I do it I am ranting r...[/quote]

Save your breath Stevenage. It is well know that Dicky doesn''t read through people''s posts correctly!.

Well, he doesn''t with mine anyway, welcome to the club.

thanks for the advice Wiz, thought he was bit tense with some of his other replies to people.

Mook, well bloomin said regarding Helveg