Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Well done Alex Neil!

Regarding the Grabban situation. Impresses me more and more each day. Played down the situation very well but has made it absolutely clear he will not be walked over. Liked his comment ''I don''t have any issues with any players, he might have an issue but I will quickly fix that.

I bet Grabban is already regretting his actions and could well find himself rotting in the reserves for quite some time now.

I think the problem is that he is out of his depth in the PL and AFCB thought that they could get him back on a song. Perhaps for the money still outstanding. When City knocked those offers back Grabban stormed out. I am not sure how much this is actually AN and how much is McNally and the rest of the board. Their response was pretty much as it was with Hoolahan. Player power is like a dog on an extending lead. The dog can go a bit further but it is still on a lead.

Well they obviously want him and that''s why they are making bids of £5.5m for him only a year after we paid £3m for him.

Hoolahan never walked out on his teammates and manager when he was named in a matchday 18. Can''t see there being a way back for him here.

I have to say, I do find it funny that people are saying he is out of his depth in the premier league - after a single game. Not only that but on the back of Bournemouth making a rumoured bid of £5.5million.

So, Neil Adams thought he was good enough to get us back into the premier league (and was right), Alex Neil has thought him good enough to be first choice at times and in some situations and good enough for the prem and has been proven right up until now, and clearly Howe thinks him good enough for the prem as well.

I wonder who''s wrong and who''s right. It''s clearly not the people who just want to kick him because of this apparent outburst.

But that is it. No one has the slightest idea of any deal being offered by AFCB. Not sure how Grabban is first choice at times and yet has only a single game. He is out of his depth in the PL as that single game showed, and that is why it has been only a single game.  Thankfully he will be gone by next week.

[quote user="chicken"]I have to say, I do find it funny that people are saying he is out of his depth in the premier league - after a single game. Not only that but on the back of Bournemouth making a rumoured bid of £5.5million. [/quote]
Eddie Howe flopped badly last time he was in the Premier League and spent 8 million on Tyrone Mings. I don''t think his judgement as "Premier League standard" is anything to use as evidence.
We all watched Grabban last season, and some of us didn''t think he was very good believe it or not. Adequate for Champs, but certainly no world beater. If someone didn''t think he was very good in the Championship, then it''s a reasonable conclusion that their opinion would be he isn''t good enough for the Premier League. No-one is saying "well Palace proved he can''t cut it in the Prem", but based on a year of evidence, I for once don''t think he can cut it in the Prem.

Grabban has a strange attitude - seems to have a severe lack of self-awareness regarding his impact upon others.

He also has a poor first touch and misses too many goal-scoring opportunities.

And wears a silly beard...

I just can''t help feeling there is something else to this whole saga. Grabban will only warm the bench at Bournemouth as well, as he certainly won''t budge Wilson, or Gradel, so why throw the strop he did?

Good enough for the PL? Was his conversion rate good enough in the Championship for us? I don''t think so, but his strike rate for the cherries was better. Perhaps he feels he will score again when he goes back.

Times change old son, not sure you''ll find it the same when/if you go back.

AN in my opinion is handling this really well for a new/young manager. More impressed with him in every respect every time he speaks.

I feel we are in for a good season.

Outburst ?

He walked out on his fellow team mates, his manager, his club that pays his wages and the supporters of this football club.

That''s out of order what if he was needed. What if we lost rvw through injury after 5 minutes and needed a striker, not that Grabban gave 2 5hits.

Sell him.

Neil cancelled the transfer of that striker from Rayo after meeting him. An integral part of any teams'' success is the type of characters they have in their dressing room.

Grabban has proven that he thinks he''s a big star (too big to play in a cup match) - don''t need that type of character poisoning our team spirit.... He''s not even the best striker at the club!

Loan/sell to Championship club or leave to rot in reserves please.

Could the Bournemouth bids just be a coincidence?? Could he have just spat his dummy out because he wanted to play? Started the season as 1st choice, missed chances, jerome has come in and played well and grabban wanted the opportunity yesterday and was frustrated?

Other token is obviously he wants to go back to Bournemouth for whatever reason, but don''t see them as a better prospect than us!!

Either way or for whatever reason, he has dug himself a massive hole and he is not coming back from it with the fan!! He has to be sold now! Can''t have the fans booing him!! Have a feeling people like Russell Martin will not put up with that lack of respect either

[quote user="kick it off"]We all watched Grabban last season, and some of us didn''t think he was very good believe it or not. Adequate for Champs, but certainly no world beater. If someone didn''t think he was very good in the Championship, then it''s a reasonable conclusion that their opinion would be he isn''t good enough for the Premier League. No-one is saying "well Palace proved he can''t cut it in the Prem", but based on a year of evidence, I for once don''t think he can cut it in the Prem.[/quote]Exactly this.Didn''t pull up trees last season, and frankly missed some awful sitters, and in the prem you get less time and less chances in general, so if he struggled to hit double figures in the champs, what possibly makes people think he''ll suddenly do the same or better in the prem despite it being a tougher league????

Excellent stance by our manager. After such a public spat there is no way back for Grabban here. The dilemma is can we afford to let him rot when good money is being offered. If it was another club then the answer may be easier but Bournmouth may be with us in the relegation scrap and he may score goals that push us easier to the drop. I suspect if we get our main targets he will be gone before the window closes

My impressions of Alex Neil are growing all the time. He really is a superb football manager and a great fit for our players.

He demands his players to be better, and they are. 4 points from 3 games is a good start but the most pleasing thing has been how we "belong". We play some really good football, it''s exciting to watch and it''s getting results.

All the transfer bollocks is a side note. That''ll resolve itself.

[quote user="Buh"]My impressions of Alex Neil are growing all the time. He really is a superb football manager and a great fit for our players.

He demands his players to be better, and they are. 4 points from 3 games is a good start but the most pleasing thing has been how we "belong". We play some really good football, it''s exciting to watch and it''s getting results.

All the transfer bollocks is a side note. That''ll resolve itself.

Well said. Next Wednesday we focus on the football again. [/quote]

Let him go to Bournemouth, just as long as we get someone in to replace him. I''m not really worried about him joining a rival, as I don''t particularly rate him. Let him go there and miss sitters for them.Of course saying that he''ll no doubt do a Sheron etc. and suddenly become prolific, but such is life... (We should also make sure there''s a clause meaning he can''t play against us in a couple of weeks if he does go there.)