Why do so many seem to think that Hooper is not up to the job? This is a genuine question as I cannot see what he is doing wrong / missing from his armory.

It''s not that I am a Hooper fan - I was one of the vocal ones who didn''t want us to sign him (world renown striker rising through the ranks of internationally acclaimed teams of the caliber of Scunthorpe United and Celtic)!

However, as he is now a Norwich player, I obviously wish him all the best, which is why I''m at a loss to know why people are so quick to write him off.

He''s a fine footballer with many good attributes. Good touch, excellent finisher but he doesn''t got our system. He can''t hassle and work like jerome does. That''s our footballing style, a strong forward and a creative midfield free to express itself.

Hooper provides a good alternative option, and he''s never really kicked up a fuss, but he probably doesn''t want to be a "off the bench alternative option" he probably wants regular football starting every week.

And we can''t provide that.

Enter Jaemae

Perople don''t like him because he''s not very mobile and that he can''t play play upfront on his own, which makes many people think that he doesn''t have any value to the team.

However he has great value to us, from the bench. As a second striker when we''re behind, I can''t think of many players we''re likely to get that are better than him in the last 10 mins of a game when you need a goal.

Despite not playing very much for us he scored the same amount of goals last season as Grabban. Considering how many minutes he gets on the pitch it impressive the amount of goals he gets. (also the goals he does get are normally pretty special as well.)

What we really need is someone who works like Jerome but can finish like Hooper.

Funny how opinions differ, hooper is a decent player, his touch and link up play is very good and his goals/minutes ratio is excellent. It just shows how far we have developed as a club and that many deem him not good enough or unable to play in our system. We are fortunate to be strong enough that the prospect of him leaving is only causing debate not uproar. Exiting times indeed.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]His 2013-14 performances
His 2014-15 performances
The fact he is (was) third choice for our manager
His inability to fit the preferred system
[/quote]
Or into any of the Errea shirt size range.

I''m led to believe he is one of 2 Norwich players who have never relocated to Norfolk, preferring to travel from north London each day for training, and the other is a certain Lewis Grabban, mmmmmm

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]Bor Bor Bor,

These are wide-sweeping statements. They don''t address the question which is why is he not suitable or what is he not bringing to the party[/quote]
Sorry, that''s nonsense.
You asked why "people are so quick to write him off" and yet he''s in his third season with us.
I don''t rate him based on his performances, his poor first touch, his lack of pace, his inability to lead the line and his general crapness, none of which is disguised by the fact he does score the occasional "Hollywood" goal.
He is not suitable because he''s not good enough.
As players,
Jerome >> Hooper
Grabban > Hooper
Hooper > RvW

In terms of minutes on the pitch and goals scored though

Hooper>>>>>RVW

Hooper>>Grabban

Hooper>Jerome

Can''t deny, as a striker, he knows how to score goals.

Sky Bet Championship side Sheffield Wednesday have signed Norwich City striker Gary Hooper on a season-long loan deal, a club insider from the Owls has informed Football League World.Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/done-deal-sheffield-wednesday-sign-premier-league-striker/#0aw5mfSMldGv6Av4.99

So we''re loaning out this ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM_vzAop6sg

Yet other teams seem to be having little trouble in getting many millions for their strikers????

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBRRdgisukw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXqrLtKGrGk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBPuid5uB7M

If this has gone through with Grabs looking likely to leave its a disgrace.

Bet RVW is wetting himself, he''s suddently gone from 4th choice to second in the space of two days.  Hope we have a recall option on Morris

A disgrace? Could you be any more melodramatic?! Maybe it''s time to give a little benefit of the doubt to those running the club, and assume that they know what they are doing.

that the manager is happy for him to go and does not pick him because he thinks both grabban and jerome are better  is enough for me

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]A disgrace? Could you be any more melodramatic?! Maybe it''s time to give a little benefit of the doubt to those running the club, and assume that they know what they are doing.[/quote]

YES A DISGRACE !

the key word there was "IF"