Sign in to follow this  
unique

Grabban's antics - a blessing in disguise?

With Grabban''s unexpected exit imminent from Carrow Road, and the extra income of £6m, Norwich City are left with little option but to bring in a main/ second striker, as opposed to a back-up third/fourth striker.

Has it not forced their hand to bring in either Afobe or Austin, irrespective of price, with Afobe offering the best long term value?

Adobe for a nett £8m, with a bad apple and sub-standard finisher off the books, doesn''t sound so bad........

We were never going to get a back up third/fourth striker. What''s the point in that ? We arn''t preparing for life after relegation. This changes nothing.

The club don''t / didn''t want to be spending 10 million on a striker, they have been trying to find a bargain but as time is running out the club is finally accepted (albeit begrudgingly) they will have to put our hand in our pocket to get a decent striker.

They tried to do it cheap, now we have to go expensive. Hopefully their prudence hasn''t cost us being a player or two short for the season.

Grabban doesn''t factor into it at all, he is just being selfish at the expense of our team spirit. Very poor form seeing as AN gave him another chance in the play-off final after he could have cost us an automatic place.

Of course Grabban now factors into it. If Jerome had become injured, AN would have been happy to go with Grabban as the lone striker, but not with Hooper or RvW.

Without the Grabban option, the striker stakes have been raised.

I understand what you mean but your OP suggests we are only now looking for a main striker and before we were happy with a third/fourth back up.

I believe we have been looking for that ''main'' striker all summer, so in that respect it changes nothing. We were always going to have too many strikers once/when/if we sign someone. This has just made AN''s choice for who gets sacrifices for him.

a blessing in disguise?

Its turn out to be an absolute disaster - RVW is now the backup for Jerome !

We are one bad tackle from the dreamer''s getting their wish !

I dream that RvW''s contribution to our efforts this season, will be positive. He has a good attitude and I wish him the best of luck. It is a blessing in disguise for Grabban to lay his cards on the table... I don''t think Bournemouth will meet our valuation this window. If Grabban remains, he has such a long way back to achieve any sort of redemption with fans, team mates and management. This could be the worst season in his career and its all his own making. There is always the loan market, to release him from East Anglia and I think this the more likely avenue if his exit, given the transfer deadline is so near... His strop is more likely to hinder any transfer as part of his suspension will be the ban in contacting management. No lines of communication. Grabban has got a choice of Jeremy Kyle or PS4 today.

You can see grabbans motivation for what he did. Doesn''t excuse it but think of it like this.

It''s been evident for weeks that we are after another striker. In truth, a new "lead striker"

Jerome is ahead of him and it will likely stay that way, because jerome fits our style of play much better.

Then, at a cup game, RVW gets picked ahead of you. You are looking at being a third place striker in a team where we only use 1 striker, makin it harder to get in.

Bournemouth whispering in his ear and suddenly its toys out of pram time.

He must have been pi55ed when he heard ricky scored! Like alex said "I didn''t need 2 strikers I had 1 and he won the game for us" can''t argue with that.

The irony is, is he going to be in a better situation at Bournemouth? He''ll likely be 2nd/3rd striker there as well.

It would not surprise me if on the deadline window or whatever Bournemouth "end their interest" in grabban. That will leave a pretty interesting situation.

The irony is that grabban has always been Neils favoured striker. Last season grabban was picked ahead of Jerome despite numerous sub appearances and important goals and when he came back from injury grabban replaced Jerome again only to get sent off at Rotherham.

The league cup early rounds are always used to give squad players games despite what managers say. In fact id b more worried as a player to be picked to start in a league cup game rather than b on the bench as back up as it implies you are expendable

Grabbans work rate alone guarantees him regular games under Neil but he has maybe ruined his one chance of regular prem football now although if he stays I wouldn''t b surprised to see him start against Bournemouth as his chance of redemption similar to hoolahan v villa