Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

What should we do about Lewis Grabban?

Hi all,

The Lewis Grabban story is certainly interesting isn''t it, rumours of his suspension and that hotel walk out. Not an easy one for the club to solve, do you sell to a rival or keep an unsettled player? All will be revealed in the coming days, but for now here are some thoughts: https://www.the-newshub.com/football/should-norwich-city-sell-lewis-grabban-if-the-rumours-prove-to-be-true

I actually think Neil will rehabilitate him back into the squad.

Neil won''t let him force a move to a relegation rival in this way and he genuinely values the player.

Having ''served his time'' I can see him being given a fresh start.

If Grabban apologises to the manager, the board and his teammates and Alex Neil still believes in him as a player then he has a future once he has served his punishment of a fine and suspension. Otherwise he''ll find himself isolated in training until a bid acceptable to the club is received.

I don''t really rate him as a goal scorer, although I think his work rate and pace are very good. There are strikers out there much better, but the asking prices are large.

If we can find one, two if Hooper leaves, better striker(s), then I would let him go to help finance a new striker.

I have my doubts that Grabban will stay long with Neil, who is strong on discipline and commitment, as the player seems to have an overvalued sense of his own ability. There is always the possibility of a flare up.

It is the manager''s praise of RvW''s attitude which suggests that Neil will not suffer a player with a paddy for long.

Tell Bournemouth what we value him at and if they meet our valuation then he goes if not then he can go out on loan to a championship side like Wolves and be used as an incentive for letting Afobe go.

I''d be up for one of those country fair things where you hit the target with a sponge and he gets dunked in the water

I''d be really surprised if Neil tries to reintegrate him.He reintegrated Bassong very well, but Bass had a clean slate and no beef with him.Neil forgave him his indiscretion against Rotherham last season, which was easy to do (and the right thing to do) given that we got promoted anyway. He let his team-mates and his manager down on that occasion, but it was a split-section reaction for which he apologised, and we''re all human.This situation, however, is different. To walk out on your team-mates hours before a competitive match is both unforgivable and a direct show of disrespect to the manager for his team selection. I can''t imagine that his team-mates would welcome him back into the fold after leaving them in the lurch so spectacularly, and Neil doesn''t strike me as the kind of person to back down when someone goes against his authority. Neil clearly rates him as a player, but I think he values his own authority and a galvanised and settled squad more highly. Would be extremely surprised if Grabban ever wears the shirt again.

Make him spend a weekend in 1p5wich so he knows how fortunate he is!

He''ll then come crawling back on his knees begging for forgiveness.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Given ''we'' cannot do anything whatsoever about Grabban, it''s best to let our capable Manager manage...[/quote]

Indeed. AN is/was a huge supporter of Grabban - personally I was relieved he wasn''t match fit for the play-off final - you never know.

It was only a cup game. AN knew what Grabban could do but needed to see RVW in a competitive match situation - as manager he was entitled to do that. And if he wanted Grabban as back up on the night ''just in case'' he was entitled to demand that. Managers must be allowed to manage. If Grabban comes clean and behaves himself I think AN would give him one more chance. Personally I would take the money from Bournemouth and give both RVW and Hooper a mission.

He will be out. simple.

Grabban went public in the worst way, it is so extreme and rare for a player to do what he did. It can happen with the prima donnas of the top elite teams but his actions prove his feelings for the team etc.

He is not going to go on loan, every club will be aware of his attitude issue and that he wants a move to Bournemouth. Half of Bournemouth fans don''t want him and I would rather they signed him than a good forward.

We should move to talk to Bournemouth where we can get a fair price and move him on quick, the longer he is here after his suspension the more hurt he will cause at colney. As mentioned quite right to keep him away from the group, but we need him to move on and get a shot on target 1 out of 5 shots.

But he will not save his career by going on loan to the championship. Ridiculous.

Pretend to be him, book some flights to Turkey and then negotiate with the underworld for passage into Syria, then bundle up all the email correspondence and fax it to The Sun.

[quote user="smooth"]He will be out. simple.

Grabban went public in the worst way, it is so extreme and rare for a player to do what he did. It can happen with the prima donnas of the top elite teams but his actions prove his feelings for the team etc.

He is not going to go on loan, every club will be aware of his attitude issue and that he wants a move to Bournemouth. Half of Bournemouth fans don''t want him and I would rather they signed him than a good forward.

We should move to talk to Bournemouth where we can get a fair price and move him on quick, the longer he is here after his suspension the more hurt he will cause at colney. As mentioned quite right to keep him away from the group, but we need him to move on and get a shot on target 1 out of 5 shots.

But he will not save his career by going on loan to the championship. Ridiculous.[/quote]
  1. Why do we care about saving his career? That seems ridiculous to me.
  2. And we don''t know he is sold on Bournemouth either, just that of the two clubs, for some reason he appears to prefer to be there.
  3. He didn''t actually "go public" did he? Just had a paddy. If he spoke to a reporter and said the club was sh*t (mentioning no names), I could see that being described as going public.
He will do what the club who pays his wages says he will do, since he''s under contract. If we give him a choice of a champ loan or a year in the reserves, it seems an easy decision to take the loan.