Sign in to follow this  
pete

Hooper loan why?

Gary Hooper looking apparently to go on loan to Sheff Wed who are looking to spend £3m on Forestieri from Watford.

Why send him on loan for reported £1.7M to cover loan fee and wages when after next season in the last year of his contract any value will plumet. Unless which seems unlikely he has a great season with Sheff Wed. If we don''t want to keep him rather sell for the £3m than a loan.

Still believe Hooper ought to remain at City.

Hooper hasn''t played much first team football or scored many goals as a consequence. This must surely impact on his current value.  At least this way, if he goes out on loan and scores regularly the club has the possibility of increasing his transfer fee.  Freeing up wages and a place in the 25 man squad is also just as important

Hooper is on big wages, £32k a week apparently. Whether that exact figure is right or not he is certainly on more than any club who would actually want him can afford.

People saying he''d go back to Celtic overlook the fact he left there as they couldn''t pay him what he wanted.

Norwich''s only option is to loan him out and hope he''ll do well enough someone will consider signing him. That or Hooper himself will be prepared to take a drop in wages for a longer deal somewhere. It''s the same reason Norwich couldn''t shift Ricky and applies to why Turner is going on loan also.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Hooper hasn''t played much first team football or scored many goals as a consequence. This must surely impact on his current value.  At least this way, if he goes out on loan and scores regularly the club has the possibility of increasing his transfer fee.  Freeing up wages and a place in the 25 man squad is also just as important[/quote]I''m pretty sure that Hooper and Turner were both in Sheffield discussing terms, weren''t they? I''d imagine that in light of the Grabban situation, Neil has put that loan move on hold to see what transpires. It''ll be easy enough to loan Hooper out in September when the Football League''s loan window reopens – if he''s not needed here, I''m sure there will be Championship suitors who would love a goalscorer of his calibre, whether that''s the Owls or someone else.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Hooper is on big wages, £32k a week apparently. Whether that exact figure is right or not he is certainly on more than any club who would actually want him can afford.[/quote]Christ, didn''t realise it was that much – I''d have thought more around the £20k mark! Still, those wages for nine months amounts to about £1.2m – throw in another £1m for a loan fee, and that seems a pretty reasonable outlay for an aspiring Championship club looking for firepower to push them over the line into the promised land.

We get him off our books, he still gets the same wages & Sheff Weds get a decent Championship goal hanger for £1.7m, which is about what he''s worth now.Everyone''s a winner

[quote user="pete"]Hooper loan why?[/quote]
Who know?
Me not know.
Me think Hooper leave, Norwich not good for Hooper.  Hooper like something new maybe North.
Me not sad.  Hooper struggle with banjo and backside of cow.

He hasn''t gone yet. There is also the case of the 25 man squad. We have 24 already. Something has to give if we are to bring in a CB and a striker. Money grabbin goes and Hooper stays. It is all up in the air at the moment. And depends on who is available to come in before we can release, loan or sell players. Turner left as he was not considered good enough for the Championship nevermind the PL.

Bor Bor Bor: "Hooper struggle with banjo and backside of cow"

And your source? methinks I smell bullsh*t on the bluegrass . (Hooper has scored some good goals and has hardly been tested this season)

[quote user="barneybear"]He hasn''t gone yet. There is also the case of the 25 man squad. We have 24 already. Something has to give if we are to bring in a CB and a striker. Money grabbin goes and Hooper stays. It is all up in the air at the moment. And depends on who is available to come in before we can release, loan or sell players. Turner left as he was not considered good enough for the Championship nevermind the PL.[/quote]
Neil says Hooper will "potentially" feature against So''ton. Pre-Match Presser update from Paddy Davitt