Sign in to follow this  
Old Shuck

Jon Walters Bid By Norwich Rejected By Stoke

It has been a window of bringing players in across from Portugal and sending them back after not completing our own checks.

Purple, it has been shambolic, Dorrans was already agreed, Mulumbu a free agent, Kean was actually released by Blackburn... Brady was a messy transfer.

Publicly we are looking desperate, we did have key areas to improve and thus far they have not been met. We also have retained players that will not get contracts elsewhere, Turner, EB, RB... guys who need a loan spell away.

We have time and we have a team playing well and good players to come back in Olsson and Mulumbu... but be great to bring in those key positions striker and centre half in a quick and an unmessy approach.

Jonny Walters is a decent player, only kept out of a permanent up front berth for Ireland because he can play pretty effectively on the right, somewhere he has played many times for stoke.

I always thought he is a great replacement for Grant Holt, very similar type of player, gives 100% every game, he was a major factor in Stoke becoming an established Premier League side with a hard to beat reputation and is a real leader on the pitch.

If we can get him for £3m i think it would be good business. He''s the kind of player that when things get tough, gets stuck in and Gees up the less motivated around him.

We seem to be like a rudderless ship in terms of our pursuit of players at the moment. This scatter gun approach to bringing in a striker is frankly embarrassing and quite worrying. On the whole this transfer window has been pretty damn cringeworthy and it gets more so with each passing day.

It could be just a clever ploy to unsettle the player and the Stoke team for tomorrow''s game.Maybe our Sir Alex can play mind games like the original.

Number 16, which is usually reserved as a striker number, is free as well, no?

Leedscanary wrote the following post at 21/08/2015 5:39 PM:

It could be just a clever ploy to unsettle the player and the Stoke team for tomorrow''s game.

Maybe our Sir Alex can play mind games like the original.

He may have had a few tips from the original Leeds!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="trawler canary"]This is disgusting and completely unacceptable having a binner at the club is not on.

I would be forced to Boo one of my own players constantly.

This is how desperate our transfer policy has become.

I am now serious questioning what is going on at the club![/quote]Lapps, quick! Another alias to add to your list![/quote]It had crossed my mind when he first popped up the other day Wolfie.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]We seem to be like a rudderless ship in terms of our pursuit of players at the moment. This scatter gun approach to bringing in a striker is frankly embarrassing and quite worrying. On the whole this transfer window has been pretty damn cringeworthy and it gets more so with each passing day.[/quote]

I''m trying to remember whether Keith Scott had our number 9 shirt. Which is a really scary thought.

Feedthewolf wrote :

Oh god please noooooo! I hate his face, I hate the way he plays – would be sick everywhere if we sign him. Bleurgh.

...........................................................................................................................

Ha ha ! Feedthework I know where you''re coming from - Walters has no finesse whatsoever, no style, he is everything that is not the "beautiful game? He''s good at running through brick walls - that''s about all he''s good at.

As Lincoln says he is effective - you can''t take that away from him. He''s like a bull in a China shop. It''ll be hard to watch.

I''d say no even if it''s a "free". Hope it doesn''t happen.

He''s been pretty successful for Stoke over the last few years and would add to what we have, IMO some people seem to need to see beyond their own prejudice; I couldn''t give a stuff if someone has played for the binners before, both sides have had players that have turned out for the other before and no doubt will do again - it''s no big deal. IMO this season is about staying up, and if it takes a whole binload of ex binners that''s fine by me (and would actually make it more enjoyable, if anything).

Agreed - he''s been an effective Prem player for a while now and he would add some goals to the squad. He would be a useful option for away games where things need to be a bit tighter and he also would fit in with Neil''s hard working approach.

He also looks after himself by all accounts so his age is less of a factor than it would be for other players in his position at his age.

For a couple of million what''s not to like?!

Hes 32 - wants a 3 year contract (Stoke offered him 2 years and he said No)

We should say NO

18 months time he will join the expensive dead wood pile with Voo, Wolf, Lafferty

No more please

Has had a pop at Stoke today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34073598

Could still be some go in this? I''d take him but I''m not sure he is the answer to what we need long term (i.e. on a 3 year deal), but short term I think he would add to the squad.