Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Starting to feel a bid rejected

What is up with the transfer market? It seems to me that clubs just are not willing to part with their players this year, us included! Never before have I seen the coming and going of players prove so complicated and hard work. No one seems to want to join our club. To summarise, here are the players we have bid for and the outcomes of those bids.

Kalidou Koulibaly £8.8m rejected

£10m wanted by Napoli, so not far away, but still Napoli taking the proverbial pee.

Benik Afobe £10m rejected

£14m wanted by Wolves. Best walk away from that one.

Dieumerci Mbokani £4.3m rejected

£5.5m wanted by Dynamo Kyiv. Why we don''t meet this valuation is baffling.

Jonathan Walters £1.5m bid rejected

Deemed no where near Stoke''s valuation (thank God)

Mattia Destro £4.5m bid rejected

Sold to Bologna for 10m euro which is roughly £7.3m.

Virgil van Dijk £8m bid??

Which we can only assume was flatly rejected.

Glenn Murray +£5m

Bournemouth already had £5m bid rejected so safe to assume our bid was higher. Still flatly refused by Palace by the looks of things.

Nicolas Nkoulou. No word of a Norwich bid yet, lets hope something comes of this.

In fact we have only been successful bidders twice!

Brady £7m bid accepted by Hull.

Joaquin Larrivey 2m euro bid accepted by Celta.

I mean what on earth is going on? Do we have to kill a man to get players in? Beg? We are in the Premier League. Players should be lining up for an opportunity to play for us. But no. Judging by activity so far, it just seems that the Club are bordering desperation to sign anybody!

Rant over.

Just try not to cry about it

But I know what you mean. I''m expecting a ridiculous farcical deadline day across the nation.

What baffles me is that if we were serious then surely selling Grabban for 5.2 million would have topped up the coffers to match the demands?

Or is the Grabban money already accounted for.

I hate this summer, it''s been frustrating but we mustn''t lose focus that we have some good signings in this transfer window.

I hate the fact that transfers are being discussed during the playing season, why cant you/us/they do all business say from 1 jun till season start date. What would be so hard about that, its not like the old days when if a player was on Holiday, he was uncontactable, nowadays they are on tw@tter, Faceache etc virtually nonstop. they even have this new fangled invention called a telephone that allows you to speak to another human that is not in the same place as you.

I would bear in mind that a lot of those figures are based on unconfirmed reports. Also, some deals were never likely ... Destro wouldn''t come to a newly promoted side in England.

The one that fascinates me is Mbokani ... What''s the deal there?

[quote user="Indy"]

I hate this summer, it''s been frustrating
[/quote]I''ve loved this summer.Promoted to the Prem after a wonderful Wembley win.....Some excellent signings (about £10m spent so far).....Four points on the board and unlucky not to have more.....Entertaining and attacking football which is a joy to watch......Full confidence in our board, CEO and manager......

Keep on hating Indy. [:S]

Why are Napoli taking the proverbial pee? The player is under contract to them, they have a valuation for him and that has yet to be met. Seems as if they are perfectly within their rights to me.

Like everything else, a player''s registration is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If that is less than you want you have the right to say no.

They haven''t accepted the Grabban bid because they trying to get the few up. Which is why we are doing the not for sale stance.

Several of those links we don''t know whether we actually did bid anything, and for many we certainly have no idea what we bid (eg Destro); I''m i

It does seem ludicrous though, and not just us - I read that West Ham bid £4m+ + Jarvis on loan for a season for Antonio (signed for £1.5m c1 year ago). Something seems to have gone rather mental in the game and it surely can''t all be blamed on this new tv deal.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I would bear in mind that a lot of those figures are based on unconfirmed reports. Also, some deals were never likely ... Destro wouldn''t come to a newly promoted side in England.

The one that fascinates me is Mbokani ... What''s the deal there?[/quote]

I know. I can only imagine his age might be a problem. Turns 30 in Nov so no spring chicken. He might want a long term contract which Norwich aren''t prepared to do.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy"]

I hate this summer, it''s been frustrating
[/quote]I''ve loved this summer.Promoted to the Prem after a wonderful Wembley win.....Some excellent signings (about £10m spent so far).....Four points on the board and unlucky not to have more.....Entertaining and attacking football which is a joy to watch......Full confidence in our board, CEO and manager......

Keep on hating Indy. [:S][/quote]

Why are you such an arse? Why take one part and make it look out of context?

Had you posted the whole thing it doesn''t say anything negative, but that''s to be expected by you or Nutty or Tilly the usual suspects!