Sign in to follow this  
CornwallCanary

Simple Solution - AN Please read

Simple for me – Let Grumpy

Grabban go back to Bournmouth = Pocket £5m – Don’t know why Bournmouth want him

as he cant score at EPL level anyway.

Pay Wolves £10m + Hooper for

Benik – With the current market rates for English based players and recent

striker prices I don’t think that’s too bad and GH would do well for Wolves....

Use the spare cash to get RVW

some muscle building protein shakes and we could stand a chance of missing

relegation !!!

If we don’t do anything before

window deadline, we could be without Hooper and Grabban leaving our strikeforce

as Jerome, Flafferty and RVW – Imagine if Jerome pick up an injury, I hate to

think !!!

Great first post kid but I hate to break it to you .... AN probably won''t read your message.

Yes, of course!

Now why has he or McNasty not thought about that already?!!

1) Undercharge for a striker that was until Tuesday, our 1s/2nd choice.

2) Sell him at an under-value price to a team we should consider to be one of our key rivals this season.

3) Offer a player who is now likely to be our 2nd choice striker in part exchange to a team who will undoubtedly feel that he is just the replacement they have been looking for.

4) Leave us in a position where we have spent £10million and reduced our striking options to: Jerome, Afobe (if we should get him), Lafferty and RVW.

I kind of get what you are saying Chicken but the bare fact of the matter (and I think the main cause of frustration for Canary fans) is that we simply dont have EPL level goal scorers that can net on a regular basis so sticking with what we have is a fast road back to the Championship. You will have to excuse me if I am missing something here as I have only been a Canaries fan for 32 years but our options seem very limited and the biggest worry of all for me is that we do not have the kudos to attract any players at a level we need to survive this season. Believe me I am behind AN all the way.....

If my experience is anything to go by, stating how many years you have been an NCFC supporter doesn''t qualify your opinion any more so than any other.

As for our striking options as they stand right now on paper, I would say they are the best striking options we have had in the premier league since relegation in the 1990''s bar perhaps just two players - Holt and Huckerby.

Jerome and Grabban are much of an improvement over the striking options we had in our last premier league season.

The point I was making is that you want to build on what you have, not sacrifice everything on a gamble.

Your suggestion is all very good but it would leave us with Jerome as being the only regular striker from last season and with only one other viable alternative.

Until Tuesday, Grabban was considered to be direct competition for Jerome. Hooper would have to be considered as third choice, but offers something a little bit different. You then have Lafferty and RVW.

What a number of fans need to get over is this idea that Grabban is useless and not good enough. He''s as good as Gestede who some people were desperate for us to sign. He''s worth £7-8million not 5 and as it stands we rejected a bid of over 5 million. If we are selling to a rival, we should be pushing for top notch cash for him, we don''t want to be making it easy for him at all.

As it stands though, we have three managers who all clearly rate Grabban. Which brings me to the last point.

Are you really behind AN? He had Grabban as his first choice striker through much of his time last season and as the starting striker at the begining of this season. Believing that Grabban is pants clearly goes against the manager and his coaching staff.

[quote user="CornwallCanary"]You will have to excuse me if I am missing something here as I have only been a Canaries fan for 32 years[/quote]
I''ve been a Canaries fan for 49 years and I think you''re talking twaddle.
We will sign players, better players than Grabban or Hooper.
Don''t start me on the Dutch Dynamo.

The country bumpkins in Norfolk have got nothing on the south west it would appear

I guess the proof is in the goal scoring......After being a Norwich resident for 30 odd years, I can assure BUH that we have plenty going on down here compared to 450 miles NW....

[quote user="CornwallCanary"]

I guess the proof is in the goal scoring......After being a Norwich resident for 30 odd years, I can assure BUH that we have plenty going on down here compared to 450 miles NW....

[/quote]

Somewhere off the Irish coast?

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="CornwallCanary"]

I guess the proof is in the goal scoring......After being a Norwich resident for 30 odd years, I can assure BUH that we have plenty going on down here compared to 450 miles NW....[/quote]

Somewhere off the Irish coast?[/quote]

[:D] The advent of sat nav has a lot to answer for.....

Grabban is garbage and hopefully will never play for City again , lower half of the Champs striker who is worthless at this level, just let Bournemouth have him for whatever they offer .