Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

What can Norwich City expect from the final week of the transfer window?

You do realise that you''re actually making sure people dont read your stuff by spamming in this way? I for one wont ever read your ''articles'' purely because youre spam is irritating. Although from what others have said, its $hit anyway.

I wouldn''t bet against, pictures of Grabban on Sky Sports News, on transfer deadline day, having driven to Bournemouth''s ground, parked up at jaunty angle, waiting for something to happen.

Judge for yourselves.... here''s the "article" in full.
We are now into the last week of the transfer window and Norwich City are expected to be busy, some reports claim that Alex Neil would still like to sign four new players. As for the positions it’s hard to say for sure but central defence, winger and striker all appear to be priority areas.

However, players could also be set to leave Carrow Road with Michael Turner and Gary Hooper both linked with moves to Sheffield Wednesday. As reported in a recent article, Lewis Grabban is making himself unpopular and may yet get his wish for a move.

In terms of who Alex Neil may target it’s still really anyone’s guess – but the biggest rumour at the moment seems to be for Wolves striker Benik Afobe, Norwich have now had three bids rejected for the player – with thelatest being for £10m.

The transfer window will shut on Tuesday 1st September so there is now a race against time to get the business done. The Canaries have made a bright start to the new season by taking four points from their first three league games. They have also shown plenty of attacking intent as they are currently averaging 18 shots per Premier League game. The Capital One Cup win against Rotherham United will also give the team confidence.

All of which means that there is not a desperate need to add to the squad, the problem is though that the transfer window will then be closed until January. So, it’s hard to think that Norwich won’t look to do some sort of business – but it remains to be seen if they can secure their primary targets.

Whatever happens though, within the next few days everything will be revealed. The Premier League experience that Norwich have combined with added quality this week should put the Canaries in a very good position to avoid the drop this season.
Anyway, over to the judges.
First up, Bor Bor Bor.
Well, I am afraid it is a hackneyed load of twaddle with no insight, original points of view or even any rhythm in the writing to make me want to continue.
I would question whether the author is a Norwich fan, or just a hired wordsmith who churns out generic crud like this - replace a few names with a few other names and you could paste this across the interweb for any football club.
Originality: 1/10
Content: 2/10
Interesting Angles/Perspectives: 1/10
Humour/Personality: 1/10
Writing Style: 6/10
Overall Verdict: 11/50
Please try harder.  Or just try.

Glad i didnt click and give any encouragement to him to continue this pursuit. My cat has more insight than that. Hes just posted this up but Turner is apparently only linked with Sheff Weds. Struggling to see why he bothers with this at all. Not worth writing and certainly not worth spamming about.

I don''t object to people posting their blogs on the forum as long as there is something interesting in there- this article basically just says ''Norwich may buy some players (not sure who) they may sell some players (not sure who) but they''ve done pretty well so far this season.''

I''m an occasional blogger on football but try and make my stuff a bit more insightful and not just something you could pick up by going to the Norwich page on the bbc site.

I blame whoever it was that taught him to put the links on here. I thought it was quite funny when he kept trying to no avail. Was probably the only time he revisited a thread he''d started....

I know this guy (alas) from a few years ago when he used to travel up to games with the Capital Canaries. To put it kindly he was a gormless mong so the fact he isnt responding to the hilarious cat calls he''s getting on here doesnt really surprise me.

Some of the comments on here are a little personal! I understand that you don''t want the links posted - you could just ignore them instead of insulting him and downgrading his article (there''s nothing constructive about a lot of the comments).

You may say hes posted it on a forum so he leaves himself open - I''m not disputing that but there''s then a choice that each individual makes about how to respond, my view is, you''ve been too personal and not constructive at all.