Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Grabban seeking advice from PFA?

On my phone and can''t be bothered to search through and see if someone has already posted, thus if they have 1) I done need telling and 2) A mod is more than welcome to delete!

It also appears I cannot hyperlink from a phone so, yeah.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/27/norwich-lewis-grabban-suspended-pfa

There''s no coming back from this for Grabban now.

Almost like going against Alex neil and mcnally again. Should imagine they ain''t the sort of people you cross twice.

He will be sold, and good riddance. The only reason they are saying he won''t be sold is because they trying to drive the asking price up. Why else have they suspended him til tuesday(transfer deadline day).

No going back for him with the fans now either. Think 99% wanna see the back of him.

I''d have thought he''s in breach of contract by not making himself available to play.  So perhaps he should be a bit careful, little sh*t.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]So what will they say? Stop being a knob and report for duty.[/quote]Knowing the PFA it''s more likely to be something along the lines of "You poor poor boy Lewis, how dare those nasty employers of yours demand that you work for the £20,000 a week they pay you. We fully support your decision to throw your toys out of your pram. If there''s anything else we can do to help facilitate your move to Bournemouth you just let us know."

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]So what will they say? Stop being a knob and report for duty.[/quote]Knowing the PFA it''s more likely to be something along the lines of "You poor poor boy Lewis, how dare those nasty employers of yours demand that you work for the £20,000 a week they pay you. We fully support your decision to throw your toys out of your pram. If there''s anything else we can do to help facilitate your move to Bournemouth you just let us know."

Now that facts have come out I am with the many and think that he should fuck right off. No way back for him and I can''t see Alex being too forgiving. I don''t think we should sell him to Boringmouth as he will eventually get what he wants. Send him out on loan/sell to a Championship side. Or if that fails, a few months in the reserves.

No doubt the PFA will side with the player, but from what we know/understand there''s no real way they should do anything than tell him he is a (hugely well paid) professional and that he should suck it up and start to behave like it.

Well, ive rated and defended Grabban but he''s starting to behave like a bit of a dick, and I can already hear the boos around Carrow Road if he''s brought on as a sub!

Is he being paid while suspended I wonder? I know pretty much any of us fans, if we decided to walk out of work on Tuesday morning because we didn''t agree with what the boss had asked us to do, would quite rightly not be paid for the time we were refusing to work...

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Good Lord, Herman you can''t seriously be suggesting that Neil Ashton of the Daily Mail got it right can you? :)[/quote]I''d rather hear it from the horse''s mouth than the horse''s aris.

The bit I read said he''s consulted the PFA because the suspension was given before a formal hearing. Does that matter?

[quote user="KiwiScot"]The bit I read said he''s consulted the PFA because the suspension was given before a formal hearing. Does that matter?[/quote]Apparently not.

Yep, it appears he is just looking for anything, a technicality, to kick off about.

I can''t help but wonder, with the muff bids etc, was he really pee''d off at being on the bench for a cup game, or was he looking for an excuse?

Either way, he''s a complete moron. Not only has he made himself look like a prize chump in the national media, but he''s potentially cost NCFC millions of pounds in inflated transfer fees, so for that reason alone he''d better hope that Bournemouth stump up some serious cash before Tuesday. If he''s still here he won''t be able to show his face in this city, and he deserves all the flak he gets (other than knuckle-dragging comments about his religion, of course).

First off, No Way should he go to bournemouth, Second, he was told he was on the bench? or not in the 18? either way he should just do what he''s asked /told, look at the rest of our very decent squad, do they throw a hissy if they dont start? Thirdly i think he''s picked the wrong man/men/club to mess around, if this PFA business is true then he''s a bigger mug than he looks. He started the first game of the season FFS, left in the cold? No, made to train with u18s for months? No, publicly ridiculed by the club or its reps before the incident? No.

Grow the Fork up Lewis, so many talented kids would love a crack at what you already have.

Having thought that we''ve seen the last of Bassong, RvW, Wes in yellow not too long ago, I''d be cautious to say that''s it for Grabban. There''s a chance but time will tell.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Having thought that we''ve seen the last of Bassong, RvW, Wes in yellow not too long ago, I''d be cautious to say that''s it for Grabban. There''s a chance but time will tell.[/quote]Bassong disrespected the manager, and never played for that manager again.The only crime RvW committed was not being very good at football.Wes

had a bit of a rant, but didn''t go AWOL when he was supposed to be

playing football. He apologised, knuckled down and waited for his

penance to be paid.Grabban''s indiscretion even before going to

the PFA was worse than all three of those put together. Self-interested

pr*ck with a massively inflated sense of self-importance. He''s essentially declared war on this football club, and if we don''t sell him before Tuesday I hope Neil makes him suffer.

I suspect there is a bit more to this than what has been said. With RVW being given a chance and another striker (or two ?) being lined up it could be that Grabban has slid well down the pecking order. His agent has let AFCB know and they have made a very low bid, seeing if we are willing to get rid. The club have said no. His agent has certainly been part of whatever went on. Any fee is what the agent has fed to the press not what either club has revealed. The speed and accuracy of Tuesday night''s press story tells you all you need to know about how the press will happiliy write up what they are told. Personally I cannot see any way back for Grabban. He certainly is not a key player like Bassong or Hoolahan and I doubt he will be missed. He has never really endeared himself to the supporters and this will not help. As to pay then being suspended means no pay. I doubt the PFA will take much action unless there is something we are not aware of. They will not lose time and credibility defending a lost cause. And it looks like the club will now seek to get the best deal out of this while keeping an unsettling influence out of the way. Good riddance.

Seems like this sort of thing runs in the family, anyone remember his 2nd cousin kicking up a similar fuss about 10 years ago? As to the legal side, I''ve heard that his sister is a trainee lawyer!

He has a perfect right to consult his trade union. Without knowing the precise circumstances here, I would do the same if I found myself subject to disciplinary measures from my employer. You would be stupid not to. That is what you pay your union dues for. It doesn''t necessarily mean you end up fighting any disciplinary action but at least you will be well informed about any legalities.

[quote user="barneybear"]As to pay then being suspended means no pay.[/quote]I''m no expert, but I don''t think that''s necessarily true. People can be suspended on full pay pending the outcome of an investigation, can''t they?If we''ve actually fined him then I can see why he''d go to the PFA. He blatantly deserves the fine, of course, but the PFA would probably feel they could fight his corner if he''d been deducted wages.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Good Lord, Herman you can''t seriously be suggesting that Neil Ashton of the Daily Mail got it right can you? :)[/quote]I''d rather hear it from the horse''s mouth than the horse''s aris.[/quote]

It takes a big man to admit when he has got it wrong so I reckon you''re a dwarf.

I didn''t get it wrong. I said I''d rather wait to hear the full facts before I pass judgement. I have done. I don''t trust the facsist toilet paper that the reporter writes for so I''m not going to believe what''s written. Once I hear from the club, or someone else that I may trust,then I will listen.

I highly rate AN''s decision making and technical football awareness but have always felt his faith in Grabban was over rated

Cant ague that Grabban doesn''t put himself about well but to be fair his finishing is abysmal - 5 good chance and he might score 1

Hooper doesn''t put himself about quite so well but has a better first touch and lay off - I would expect a goal every 2 or 3 chances from Hooper and would rate him as the better player by a considerable margin

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]He has a perfect right to consult his trade union. Without knowing the precise circumstances here, I would do the same if I found myself subject to disciplinary measures from my employer. You would be stupid not to. That is what you pay your union dues for. It doesn''t necessarily mean you end up fighting any disciplinary action but at least you will be well informed about any legalities.[/quote]

Consult? Absolutely.

Put in a spurious and baseless complaint about something his employer are perfectly entitled to do legally? No.

Hes trying to kick up as much fuss as possible but hes picked the wrong people to play this game with. It wont end well for lewis.