Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

2nd Walters bid rejected!

Minimum of 32 premier league appearances for each of the last 5 seasons; Will be an excellent squad member bringing experience and graft.

People moaned that CJ was not good enough, that brady & mulumbu not as good as we had and other teams cast offs.. All have shown just why they have that prem experience by adding some class to each position.

Walters is likely to do just that; gives us alternatives, not costing a fortune and enough for a season and a bit - not high on my list but a sound signing.

CJ, Walters & Afobe is streets ahead of CJ, Grabban & Hooper.

Most interesting is us bidding again; really would not have happened if Walters was not interested.

Its going to be a frantic long weekend!!

two points. Point 1. Given Sir Alex''s favored shape, Walters would be decent signing. He is combative, runs the channels and can head the ball. More similar to Cam than the other strikers we have at the moment. Point 2. He wont come here.

Not many Naaarich fans round here but plenty of Irish, had to go into town today, met a few people , as you do over here ,and they were keen to tell me that JW will be a city player soon. Strong, determined, experienced, professional player, leader on the pitch a la BGH, similar in more ways than that. Often played on the right as well as up front, give redders a rest now and again. Would be a solid signing if the price is not too ridiculous.......by this years standards.

I think a solid prem squad player, how do you right the wrong of being a scummer? You put on the yellow shirt and give your all, that would be god enough for me and let''s face it, if he came here and did well... Helped us into a good position, it would drive them lot from down the road up the wall!

Yes, I would certainly take Walters, he''s big, strong, highly experienced and probably has two or three good years left in him. £3 million would be about tops for him in this inflated market however.

In our position we cannot be too picky. Walters is a fantastic calibre of player with tonnes of experience. I would happily have him here as a replacement for Grabban

No wouldn''t boo him

But don''t want to see him playing for us, not because he use to be a Ipswich player - because the guy''s a mule !

He would be an excellent signing for us, especially for the type of money that is being talked about. He might not be as prolific as some, but he will create for others.

Whether or not he can shift Camerone Jerome is debatable, but he would push him hard for a starting place and ensure a more consistent level of performance from our target man.