Sign in to follow this  
Canary Legend

If Walters signs would you boo him

I just can''t get over the fact the club are still pursuing it even after the Barclay reaction to the news against Stoke.

So if he appears in a yellow jersey would you boo him?

If Walters signs you''ll see a very wholehearted performance, he will show more for the club than lewis effin grabban.

He is a real professional, dont knock him cos he played for ''Them,'' its his job.

Are we being asked if we would boo based on him one being a binman? if he joined us i would not boo him, unless performances warranted it.

i do recall we signed a certain Alan Lee once on loan, like Walters also a former binman. He put in some strong performances for us when he played, and was "accepted" and supported by many here. There was a big discussion at the time when his loan ended whether we should have signed Alan Lee permanently... i think we got some other bloke instead, erm Grant Holt wasnt it?

And thats the funny thing guys , i''ll get slagged for this but Jonathon Walters is ,was ,and may well yet still be, a better player than Grant Holt. I hope we get him.Still love GH for everything he did for us but we''ve moved on, looking to sign a superior player, for perhaps a lesser role at the the club.

Absolutely not. He''s exactly the sort of player we need at the club. Wears his balls in his sleeve.

Walters, barton, parker, Connor salmon, would all fit into the no nonsense philosophy AN is practicing.

[quote user="True Grit"]Wears his balls in his sleeve.[/quote]

Makes for awkward pre-game handshakes.

People on the forum seem to love this guy. His stats look awful at almost 1 in 6 strike rate for stoke/ipswich. Is this really the player we need? Can someone explain what he will bring as most I can imagine is someone to hold up the ball and sub for Jerome. Is this Elmander 2?

[quote user="KiwiScot"]People on the forum seem to love this guy. His stats look awful at almost 1 in 6 strike rate for stoke/ipswich. Is this really the player we need? Can someone explain what he will bring as most I can imagine is someone to hold up the ball and sub for Jerome. Is this Elmander 2?[/quote]
He scored I think 10 goals last season? Bit better than Elmander as a goal threat I think. Pretty direct, strong, holds the ball up well but has a bit more to him than just that.
I used to watch him regularly for Chester the year he signed for the scum (I was at uni there at the time). They played a cup game against each other and then they signed him shortly afterwards (as an aside, they had Roberto Martinez in Midfield at the time, before he went to Swansea). Can hardly blame a guy for taking an offer from a Championship club instead of playing in League 2. His playing style has adapted over the years, he was all pace and direct running for Chester, but he''s developed into an adequate Prem all rounder.
Wouldn''t be an inspiring signing, but if you gave me a choice between Lafferty and Walters, I''m picking Walters every time.

You might remember ex scummer Alan Lee signing on loan for us during a really difficult time for us a few years ago and the guy really put a shift in every time he pulled on a Norwich shirt and many were keen to sign him on a permanent deal at the end of that season.

Would not be overly keen on Walters, but would never boo a player who is prepared to put a shift in for this club.

I remember Keith Bertschin. A similar player who had left the binners and moved on to Birmingham before he came here. There were many misgivings about it. But he always gave everything for us. He actually scored our winner against the binners in the 5th round of the FA Cup a couple of years later.

I guess it''s harder for an ex binner to win over the fans but most supporters will always get behind a player who gives his best for the shirt.

I know he never actually got on the pitch for them but norwich legend Ian crook got very close to signing (and was photographed wearing their shirt) and I don''t remember anybody booing him....

[quote user="KiwiScot"]People on the forum seem to love this guy. His stats look awful at almost 1 in 6 strike rate for stoke/ipswich. Is this really the player we need? Can someone explain what he will bring as most I can imagine is someone to hold up the ball and sub for Jerome. Is this Elmander 2?[/quote]Walters isn''t just a goalscorer though and he never has been. For a start, he hasn''t been playing as a striker for Stoke for a while. He is a versatile option who is reliable if unspectacular in a few forward positions, and, as has been said, will always put in a shift for the team which will hopefully bring out the best in others.[quote user="True Grit"]Absolutely not. He''s exactly the sort of player we need at the club. Wears his balls in his sleeve.

Walters, barton, parker, Connor salmon, would all fit into the no nonsense philosophy AN is practicing.[/quote]I''ve missed you.