Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Austin odds dropping

Save your money. If you really want to place a bet on it put it on Sunderland.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]Not sure Grabban would go to Wolves, he obviously wangs to go to Bournemouth for some reason but if that falls through I can''t see him taking a wage and a division drop.[/quote]He doesn''t take a wage cut, in as much as he still gets what he agreed in his contract with us. Either Wolves equal or better what he is getting here or we make up the difference. If the rest of his contract with Wolves is lower than what he is getting here it is still nottechnically a wage cut as he did not have a contract with us or any club for that time. The idea that a contract is simply ripped up is ludicrous.

AUSTIN GAMBLE CONTINUES

The money is still coming in from Sky Bet punters for Charlie Austin to join Norwich. The Canaries were 33/1 to sign him this morning, 10/1 a few hours ago and now clear 9/4 favourites.

Bournemouth are 9/2 to sign the striker, with Newcastle 7/1. It''s 13/2 that the window shuts on Tuesday with Austin still a QPR player.

Get the latest odds here.

I''m no lawyer but many years ago I did study law and from memory for a contract to be in place there has to be; offer, acceptance and consideration. Ruthers1 offered 1000/1, some accepted and I think the consideration exists insomuch that in consideration of staking £1 you have agreed to pay £1000 if Austin signs. Now if I am correct ruthers1 could be in the dodo for circa £10,000.

I could be wrong and no contract has been formed, are there any lawyers on here who can elucidate?

For your sake ruthers1 I do hope I am wrong!!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Sky know something we don''t perhaps. A drastic shortening of odds doesn''t happen for no reason.

I just cant see Norwich paying his insane salary demands.[/quote]

How do you know what his salary demands are? Are you his agent?

[quote user="Ray"]I''m no lawyer but many years ago I did study law and from memory for a contract to be in place there has to be; offer, acceptance and consideration. Ruthers1 offered 1000/1, some accepted and I think the consideration exists insomuch that in consideration of staking £1 you have agreed to pay £1000 if Austin signs. Now if I am correct ruthers1 could be in the dodo for circa £10,000.

I could be wrong and no contract has been formed, are there any lawyers on here who can elucidate?

For your sake ruthers1 I do hope I am wrong!![/quote]

Is ruthers1 a licensed bookmaker?

"Now if I am correct ruthers1 could be in the dodo for circa £10,000.

I could be wrong and no contract has been formed, are there any lawyers on here who can elucidate?"

Lol!!!!! I don''t care if I am and there are - it''s irrelevant - it isn''t going to happen. And when next Wednesday comes I won''t be coming on here boasting "I told you so" because it''s as certain as night following day.

There''s something in his demands you see that we are unable to meet and quite rightly so.

Now, I''m saying no more on the subject and I suggest you put your efforts into raising other people''s hopes on signing realistic targets.

See you on another thread...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ruthers1"]Lappinitup - I wouldn''t take money off fellow Norwich fans or see them lose money - even to a worthwhile charity.[/quote]I can afford to lose two quid - seems you can''t afford to put your money where your mouth is. Here''s what you said.......[quote user="ruthers1"]

I''ll give you a 1000/1 if you want it?[/quote]I want it ruthers - surely you''re not going to back down seeing as you''re so sure you''ll win?[/quote]

Of course he''s going to back down. He has "tipped" a short-priced favourite in a race with 6 runners which proves he''s "in the know" . Clown!

[quote user="Buh"]Ruthers. Whatever you do mate don''t offer to drink a pint of piss.

Ask bor.[/quote]

I think he may have already done that.

With all the bickering over a flippant ''1000/1'' comment, you might be interested to learn that as of this morning Norwich are back out to 6/1 to get Austin. To stay at QPR is the fav at 5.2. Bournemouth are 4/1.I assume a large bet was put on. Nothing more, nothing less.I''d be very surprised if we landed him, however for the record, I will not be taking bets at 1000/1. I also think if he does move somewhere, it may be on loan with QPR still having to eat some of his wages.

Told ya all. It''s a clever bookmaker money maker.

Shorten the odds massively and joe public in their hundreds throw £20 here and there in there panic to get the best price before shortening it again to only raise it again the next day.

There''s no evidence he''s coming. #headlessbetting

I did say I wouldn''t post on this thread again FJSP but happy to answer your question:

I get fed one or two ''diamonds'' a week like yesterday''s but nothing for Yarmouth - as yet. I''m happy to share them with fellow City fans though. I''ll give it some thought on how to best do it as I don''t really want to hijack a football forum with regular racing tip threads.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I have expressed the opinion from the start of the window that Austin will be a City player, my view hasn''t changed.[/quote]Playing up front withMbokani I suppose. Or will they take it in turns ?

The odds drop because people are putting money on it. If anyone knew anything the odds would either be miniscule or suspended. Certainly not as big as 3/1 or whatever it was.