Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Austin odds dropping

odds dropped cos a couple of fans put a tenner on; may mean nothing.

If he is looking for £45k pw that seems obtainable.

Does anyone know if current squad members still have matching top wage earner clauses? A big potential barrier if they do

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Does anyone know if current squad members still have matching top wage earner clauses? A big potential barrier if they do[/quote]I''ve never heard of that clause before - have there been NCFC players with that clause in the past, then?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Does anyone know if current squad members still have matching top wage earner clauses? A big potential barrier if they do[/quote]I''ve never heard of that clause before - have there been NCFC players with that clause in the past, then?[/quote]
Only on Football Manager I feel.

My brother in law and nephew are both season ticket holders at QPR.

Neither of them rate him that highly and would be delighted at anything near £15m, as we were with the reported £8m we got for Fer.

ruthers1 wrote the following post at 28/08/2015 5:45 PM:

Lol! I knew I''d get some takers.

What a prize knobhead you are my man. 😄

Me too, wouldnt be at all exited at Austin, but there again i was underwhelmed when we signed Jerome and look how he''s done. 15m on a one good season guy with an allegedly suspect injury that has caused him to fail a medical, No ta.

All respect to Alex for the job so far but he must be thinking '' what the fudge are these numbers being bandied around....it wasnae like this at Accies''.

Hard to keep this all in perspective, with Afobe around the same price, but he does look a real handful, would rather go for him.

One of the least glamorous names , yet the best value would be Walters, ideally Afobe and Walters...options.

Make Grabban part of Afobe deal, and we''d get two very different, handy players for the price of Austin,AND we''d be shot of LG.

Not sure Grabban would go to Wolves, he obviously wangs to go to Bournemouth for some reason but if that falls through I can''t see him taking a wage and a division drop.

"What a prize knobhead you are my man. 😄 "

I''m intrigued - For advising you to save your money on a non-starter like Austin to Norwich or for advising you of a sure fire winner at Goodwood?

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]he obviously wangs to go to Bournemouth[/quote]Typo of the day [:D]

[quote user="ruthers1"]If you''re all desperate for a sure thing -

Bet on Brittleton tonight in the 6.40 at Goidwood - needs every yard of the extra trip - must be backed[/quote]

That''s fine thanks Ruthers but I''ll stick with the 1000-1 you offered on Austin coming to Norwich earlier. Shall we say we both transfer our stakes (my £1 and your £1000) to a third party''s account pending the outcome next week??

If you''re as certain as you say about your insider knowledge then where''s the risk?!

[quote user="ruthers1"]"What a prize knobhead you are my man. 😄 "

I''m intrigued - For advising you to save your money on a non-starter like Austin to Norwich or for advising you of a sure fire winner at Goodwood?[/quote]http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/28-08-2015/goodwood/result/690305/888sport-com-handicapBoom! Five lengths clear.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Sky know something we don''t perhaps. A drastic shortening of odds doesn''t happen for no reason.

I just cant see Norwich paying his insane salary demands.[/quote]

Know what, exactly ?  If they know he is going to sign then they would stop taking bets and try to bet with other bookmakers to win money and cover the bets they have taken.But Ruthers knows something as he just picked out the winner of the 18.40 race at Goodwood

I know what wages and package he wants and I know all there is to know about odds.

Even if we could afford him (which we can''t) his odds

wouldn''t be 11/4 - if someone was seriously ''in the know'' they''d be more like 1/7.

I suggest you channel your energy and money into something that has a chance of happening - like John Walters, Kevin Nolan or Collins from West Ham.

Lappinitup - I wouldn''t take money off fellow Norwich fans or see them lose money - even to a worthwhile charity.

Anyone who''s already bet on Austin has lost their money - hopefully some have won it back by following my tip earlier.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Lappinitup - I wouldn''t take money off fellow Norwich fans or see them lose money - even to a worthwhile charity.

Anyone who''s already bet on Austin has lost their money - hopefully some have won it back by following my tip earlier.[/quote]

You are full of shit

You offered odds and are now backing out

[quote user="ruthers1"]Lol! I knew I''d get some takers.

Truth is I shouldn''t have offered ANY odds up as I have some key inside info and you''d only lose your pennies.

Trust me we are not going to pay what he''s asking for - I saw £45k a week mentioned earlier in this thread? Lol! Nowhere near his demands my friend.

Move on - we won''t pay anywhere near what he''s asking - it won''t be Austin.[/quote]

Why do you say "we won''t be paying " . You filthy scummer Cnut ?

Go back to twatted ,, the likes of you aren''t wanted here .

[quote user="ruthers1"]Lappinitup - I wouldn''t take money off fellow Norwich fans or see them lose money - even to a worthwhile charity.[/quote]I can afford to lose two quid - seems you can''t afford to put your money where your mouth is. Here''s what you said.......[quote user="ruthers1"]

I''ll give you a 1000/1 if you want it?[/quote]I want it ruthers - surely you''re not going to back down seeing as you''re so sure you''ll win?

After the conversation i had with a city player this week I would be shocked if we were to sign Austin.

Remember couple of seasons back Hooper on verge of signing for QPR -could be £10-12m + Hooper ?

If we get Austin and Walters, would be a very strong attacking line up

Lapps - if you''re that desperate for big odds from a small layout why not buy a lottery ticket for tomorrow night? You''ve seriously got more chance of getting 6 numbers than Austin has of signing for us.

[quote user="JF"]After the conversation i had with a city player this week I would be shocked if we were to sign Austin.[/quote]You can''t just leave it at that.

"Why do you say "we won''t be paying " . "

***Er, because we won''t. I''ve had a season ticket for forty years straight pal and have seen us sign hundreds of players in that time. I don''t ever remember us trebling our salary cap to sign a player though and I don''t foresee us doing so now!

[quote user="ruthers1"]"Why do you say "we won''t be paying " . "

***Er, because we won''t. I''ve had a season ticket for forty years straight pal and have seen us sign hundreds of players in that time. I don''t ever remember us trebling our salary cap to sign a player though and I don''t foresee us doing so now![/quote]I''m glad to hear that he won''t be coming to CR.

[quote user="ruthers1"]I know what wages and package he wants and I know all there is to know about odds.

Even if we could afford him (which we can''t) his odds

wouldn''t be 11/4 - if someone was seriously ''in the know'' they''d be more like 1/7.

[/quote]

[quote user="ruthers1"]Truth is I shouldn''t have offered ANY odds up as I have some key inside info and you''d only lose your pennies.

[/quote]

So are you In The Know or not? I doubt it as you''d take peoples money and not back off and trying to deflect what you''ve come out with. No more than a fan of old who thinks they know what the club are doing - you don''t, know one does.

Is a silly post to say you''d take 1000/1 and then bottle it though

"So are you In The Know or not?"

Only as far as knowing exactly what Austin is asking for. His current demands are simply unworkable for a club of our means I''m afraid.

Sorry to spoil the lovers tiff, but i wondered what thoughts are on this??

bbc/sport for Huddersfield vs QPR match, Chris Ramsey states that QPR have a ''little bit of illness'' in the squad for tomorrow.

Wonder if Charlie Austin will be "too unwell to play"

So you don''t have key inside information but just assumptions?

NCFC are no longer to progress forwards, like we did with RVW and splash £8m on a player? We''re always going to cap our wages at £40k?

Other clubs have broken their records this year on hate to burst your bubble, the going rate for buying players and their wages have gone up a lot since two seasons ago and I guess our limits will follow suite.

It may not be Austin, we don''t know but one thing for definite, you''re confessed you''re not in the know/with inside info and so on. So stop bigging yourself up

Ruthers. Whatever you do mate don''t offer to drink a pint of piss.

Ask bor.