Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Austin odds dropping

Odds don''t usually drop that suddenly and drastically without something going on. I suspect we''ve made another bid, that said I still don''t think we''ll get him.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]Odds don''t usually drop that suddenly and drastically without something going on. I suspect we''ve made another bid, that said I still don''t think we''ll get him.[/quote]
Another bid? Didn''t realise we''d bid for Austin?

Given that Ricky is rumoured to be on £40k per week, Austin''s £45k per week request for a proven Premier League goal scorer doesn''t sound excessive imo, especially if Hooper goes elsewhere (loan or otherwise)

[quote user="kick it off"]Another bid? Didn''t realise we''d bid for Austin?
[/quote]

Bit of a mess up on my part, I seem to remember that there was a ''£14m package'' enquiry not too long ago. Not an actual bid as such.

Maybe we''ve gone back with a restructured package or something.

[quote user="ruthers1"]His wage demands are stupidly, stupidly high.

I''ll give you a 1000/1 if you want it?[/quote]I''ll have a couple of quid at that price ruthers.Stake/Winnings to Rays funds.Are we on?

I have expressed the opinion from the start of the window that Austin will be a City player, my view hasn''t changed.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"][quote user="kick it off"]Another bid? Didn''t realise we''d bid for Austin?[/quote]

Bit of a mess up on my part, I seem to remember that there was a ''£14m package'' enquiry not too long ago. Not an actual bid as such.

Maybe we''ve gone back with a restructured package or something.[/quote]
No, no, you don''t need to apologise, it was me cocking up, I''d completely forgotten about that enquiry!

I dunno how much there is in this - one bookmaker could have had a sizeable bet and dropped odds to cover themselves, then the rest follow as why would you offer crazily higher odds than the competition?

Something happening here, we are now favorites to sign Sign For Before 3rd September

Norwich 4/1

Bournemouth 5/1

Newcastle 6/1

Crystal Palace 9/1

Tottenham 10/1

West Brom 10/1

Southampton 16/1

Chelsea 20/1

Everton 20/1

West Ham 25/1

Sky know something we don''t perhaps. A drastic shortening of odds doesn''t happen for no reason.

I just cant see Norwich paying his insane salary demands.

I''ve just seen an Austin 7 parked at a jaunty angle on the ASDA car park. I don''t know if it means anything but Grabban is No 7 and he might be off. [^o)]

Probably bookies been looking at our bids for Afobie being turned down, putting 2 and 2 together thinking we are unlikely to get Afobie and will go in for Austin as he IS Available.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''ve just seen an Austin 7 parked at a jaunty angle on the ASDA car park. I don''t know if it means anything but Grabban is No 7 and he might be off. [^o)][/quote]I have just been to Morrissons.Nothing to report other than my favourite brand of toothpaste is on offer.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]Betfred still offering 12/1 if anyone is interested. We''re now joint favorites on a few other sites.[/quote]why take 12s when ruthers is offering 1000/1i will have a couple of quid on please

Lol! I knew I''d get some takers.

Truth is I shouldn''t have offered ANY odds up as I have some key inside info and you''d only lose your pennies.

Trust me we are not going to pay what he''s asking for - I saw £45k a week mentioned earlier in this thread? Lol! Nowhere near his demands my friend.

Move on - we won''t pay anywhere near what he''s asking - it won''t be Austin.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Lol! I knew I''d get some takers.

Truth is I shouldn''t have offered ANY odds up as I have some key inside info and you''d only lose your pennies.

Trust me we are not going to pay what he''s asking for - I saw £45k a week mentioned earlier in this thread? Lol! Nowhere near his demands my friend.

Move on - we won''t pay anywhere near what he''s asking - it won''t be Austin.[/quote]
I saw the 45 mentioned earlier and thought it looked off. I''ve heard 85k is what he''s after but no reliable source on that, but I suspect it''s at least 65.
Bournemouth now been backed heavily for Austin too, but I doubt he goes there either.

If you''re all desperate for a sure thing -

Bet on Brittleton tonight in the 6.40 at Goidwood - needs every yard of the extra trip - must be backed

He''s a great player, I''d love to see him here

But if we could scrape together enough to pay his price tag I''m not sure we could pay him what he wants or get him to come to Norfolk

So, for now, he remains Jordan Rhodes

Palace would swoop on him in an instant. and that would satisfy his urge to stay in London...if  only Bournemouth would have Murray and we have Gayle..after next tuesday  it will feel surreal to have no transfer rumours to ponder about.